BSL - More Victims????

Agreed. I can't see BSL finding his way to the Bywater. He'd stick out like a sore thumb. If he did make his way down there, I think he'd be in a big hurry to find his way out. I sure would like to see Jessica's murder solved, though.

BTW, I updated the info on BSL's incarceration in the OP. I'd love to know if he was actually behind bars the entire eight years. I have a long list of missing/murdered in Texas, but the dates don't fit his timeline.
The Bouzigard girl was found in Moss Bluff, which is straight down the road from where he was held. Is it poss he was let out from time to time since he was such a 'model' prisoner.

The Bouzigard girl was found in Moss Bluff, which is straight down the road from where he was held. Is it poss he was let out from time to time since he was such a 'model' prisoner.

BSL was released in 2008. Sierra Bouzigard was killed in 2009.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13681086

"The problem is we have identified that DNA profile. We know that it belongs to a male who we believe is going to be the suspect in the case," said Blanchard.

If they have the killer's DNA, it probably isn't BSL or they'd have a match, I think. She is still listed as a potential victim, though.

http://www.rpso.org/cold_cases.htm

White/Female
DOB: 02/14/1958

On 06/10/2002 a caller to the Rapides Parish Sheriff's Office reported having found a deceased female at the property located at 132 Jenkins Road in Alexandria, La. The victim was last seen at the "Stick" lounge located on Mac Arthur Drive in Alexandria, in the company of an unknown white male. A sketch was made of the white male who was with the victim at the lounge. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 318-443-7867 or Sgt. Steven Reed with the Cold Case Unit at 318-641-6000.

sketch attached.
gilcrease_victim.jpg

She doesn't fit the timeline but did want to post the info that I finally found.

you know who he looks like to me? this guy http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-star-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charges/ . how strange that he was arrested on domestic violence charges. not saying its him, but as soon as i saw the sketch thats who came into my head. : /

I'm still most curious about Jessica Hawk's murder, depending on the precise date of Lavergne's release from prison in 2008.

Edited to add that I don't think Lavergne would look or feel much out of place in the Bywater. It's a hot spot for younger people and bars, much like the area of Lafayette he was identified as searching for potential victims.

I'm still most curious about Jessica Hawk's murder, depending on the precise date of Lavergne's release from prison in 2008.

Edited to add that I don't think Lavergne would look or feel much out of place in the Bywater. It's a hot spot for younger people and bars, much like the area of Lafayette he was identified as searching for potential victims.

bumping my own post

It took me awhile, but I finally found the Times Picayune article which says she was last seen Friday, (August 8, 2008), by Dr Bob, the guy who provided the description for the sketch. He claims that after he chased away the peeper on Friday, he warned Jessica about him.

The discovery came after a peculiar Friday night incident that rattled a neighbor.

Shaffer was able to scare the man away with a bright spotlight and later warned Hawk.

http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-9/1218605009272350.xml&coll=1

For many the basis for suspicion is the sketch which some believe resembles BSL. But if you follow that theory, BSL could not have been the peeper because he was not released until August 9, 2008. The dates of his incarceration are in the opening post of this thread.

I strongly disagree about the Bywater. Besides, killing a victim in her home and leaving the body exposed doesn't fit his MO. JMO

bumping my own post

For many the basis for suspicion is the sketch which some believe resembles BSL. But if you follow that theory, BSL could not have been the peeper because he was not released until August 9, 2008. The dates of his incarceration are in the opening post of this thread.

I strongly disagree about the Bywater. Besides, killing a victim in her home and leaving the body exposed doesn't fit his MO. JMO

Yeah, the date thing is the only glitch in my interest here. I'd like to know the precise time that he was released, and if the 9th refers to the date he left the prison or his first day back on the street.

I don't necessarily believe that every killer follows a static MO, particularly under changed circumstances or in an unfamiliar place. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in Lavergne's case, the public is only aware of four crimes against women he's been accused of: the 1999 sexual assault, the assault of his wife, Pate's murder, and Shunick's murder. Other than the brutality, the victims/crimes don't seem to follow much of a pattern.

I'm definitely not convinced that Lavergne had anything to do with Hawk's murder. You'd be able to knock me over with a feather if anyone ever proves he was involved, really. I just hope that the police are examining the details of his 2008 with a fine-tooth comb.

But when it comes to the Bywater, I can't help but think that if Mickey Shunick and Brettly Wilson ever were able to make their move to New Orleans, that could well be where they would have landed. Lavergne might be a country boy, but that didn't stop him from apparently targeting the more bohemian Shunick. He'd blend into the crowd at Markey's Bar on any given night, as well.

I wasn't willing to consider him for Hawk's murder either, although friends of mine pointed out the similarity between the way she was killed & that of BSL's relative, & the sketch, which does look like him somewhat.
My primary issue was where she lived. Although Marigny is closer to the FQ, Bywater is off the beaten path to the average tourist. I never read or heard any indication that BSL spent much time in Nola.
Hawk did, however, work in the FQ. I read that she walked home...that's a great distance to walk, over 35 blocks? Bessie? More than likely she had a bicycle.
Early on in the threads, perhaps the beginning of June, some of us considered where in Nola they'd be moving to. I thought perhaps she was going on to post-grad work in anthro, as I wanted to. The only option for that in Nola is Tulane. That would have them looking uptown.
JMO, absolutamente

Bessie, I know you have been really busy but did you ever complete a map of the missing or found?

I wasn't willing to consider him for Hawk's murder either, although friends of mine pointed out the similarity between the way she was killed & that of BSL's relative, & the sketch, which does look like him somewhat.
My primary issue was where she lived. Although Marigny is closer to the FQ, Bywater is off the beaten path to the average tourist. I never read or heard any indication that BSL spent much time in Nola.
Hawk did, however, work in the FQ. I read that she walked home...that's a great distance to walk, over 35 blocks? Bessie? More than likely she had a bicycle.
Early on in the threads, perhaps the beginning of June, some of us considered where in Nola they'd be moving to. I thought perhaps she was going on to post-grad work in anthro, as I wanted to. The only option for that in Nola is Tulane. That would have them looking uptown.
JMO, absolutamente

I'd never heard that Jessica Hawk worked in the French Quarter. Do you happen to know where? I know that she'd previously worked at Harold's Plants in the 9th Ward, across St. Claude, and was about to start a job at City Park's Botanical Garden in Mid-City. Her house was on Chartres Street, just across the tracks from the Marigny. Here's a map of the location.

Does anyone know if Shunick was scheduled to graduate this spring? I've read that she planned to move to New Orleans this summer, but nothing about graduation from ULL or possible acceptance to any grad schools. For what it's worth, while I live Uptown, most Tulane and Loyola grad students I know live in the Marigny/Bywater/Mid-City. Some of them even bike all the way to campus. Students definitely aren't limited to Uptown- I think a lot of them prefer the more boho vibe in other areas.

I've yet to hear much of anything about how familiar Lavergne actually was/is with New Orleans. Though I do think it's very odd he'd drive all the way to Ochsner in Jefferson the same day Shunick went missing.

I'm really hoping that not every cold case is tacked on to him. It seems so frequently that LE wants to close the book on their unsolved cases. The fact that so many people are speculating about it concerns me. Many people have been held responsible for crimes they did not commit. Finding the person who committed the crime is important, but not at the cost of the community. Many people are incarcerated for years before they finally have a chance to prove their innocence. Some are even executed. The right person should pay for their crimes. Society needs to hold the right person responsible, otherwise a murderer is running loose.

cannot get over how close Dorothy Rosier is to where Mickey was found.

I'd never heard that Jessica Hawk worked in the French Quarter. Do you happen to know where? I know that she'd previously worked at Harold's Plants in the 9th Ward, across St. Claude, and was about to start a job at City Park's Botanical Garden in Mid-City. Her house was on Chartres Street, just across the tracks from the Marigny. Here's a map of the location.

Does anyone know if Shunick was scheduled to graduate this spring? I've read that she planned to move to New Orleans this summer, but nothing about graduation from ULL or possible acceptance to any grad schools. For what it's worth, while I live Uptown, most Tulane and Loyola grad students I know live in the Marigny/Bywater/Mid-City. Some of them even bike all the way to campus. Students definitely aren't limited to Uptown- I think a lot of them prefer the more boho vibe in other areas.

I've yet to hear much of anything about how familiar Lavergne actually was/is with New Orleans. Though I do think it's very odd he'd drive all the way to Ochsner in Jefferson the same day Shunick went missing.
I wish I could remember where I saw that she worked in the FQ. I also can't remember why I thought Mickey & BW wanted to move uptown. I guess things have changed a great deal since Katrina, & I'm showing my age in expecting students to live uptown & not in Marigny or Bywater.

Bessie, I know you have been really busy but did you ever complete a map of the missing or found?
No, I'm afraid I haven't, Lera. I'm hoping to get it finished this week because I'm anxious to look at some of those other cases.

"I'm not certain what agency it was but it was somebody very serious. It was a police agency and they came and questioned him for several hours about the murder of two or three women in the same Lafayette area. He came back several hours later and spoke to me and he was scared to death. And we talked. He was telling me all the questions they asked and his answers," said John.

Inmate to inmate John asked the inevitable question: "I said Brandon did you do this - a heads up question. Basically did you do this? And instead of saying yes or no he said I'm not going to tell you that or I can't tell you that. And I immediately knew there's no doubt in my mind... I'm thinking to myself if you didn't do it say no."

Since many prisoners trade info on other prisoners for time cut from their sentences..
'Guess, BSL needed some time to think about his answer'?

So let's say there were three victims as the cellmate said -- we have LP and MS and a Lafayette victim, probably a female -- any suggestions as to who the third victim might be?

So let's say there were three victims as the cellmate said -- we have LP and MS and a Lafayette victim, probably a female -- any suggestions as to who the third victim might be?

If you read the passage quoted above, the cellmate actually said "two or three", so it's not clear to me that we should treat 'three' as a reality yet, even if some posters jump on it. If the cellmate can't remember a detail like that, I would not expect him to be an especially reliable witness.

BSL & the cellmate's conversation took place in 2005. LP & one or two other unknowns, imo.

It is possible that in the 7 years since 2005, that some or all of those cases have been ruled out by DNA or some other method, with the exception of Lisa, if she was among the 3.

If you read the passage quoted above, the cellmate actually said "two or three", so it's not clear to me that we should treat 'three' as a reality yet, even if some posters jump on it. If the cellmate can't remember a detail like that, I would not expect him to be an especially reliable witness.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/19232785/former-fellow-inmate-speaks-out-about-suspect-in-schunick-case

John recalled within 24 hours Lavergne was transferred to Avoyelles Correctional Center. According to records that was on September 22, 2005. About a week later Lavergne sent word through a letter.

"He says I'm over here at Cottonport and I'm doing great. I'm pumping iron... I'm doing this, I'm doing that. He said by the way all that bull s*&t about the raping and murdering the three women... I didn't do it. Well, I never heard from him again," said John.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back