MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll rely on my personal experiences and recollected history. The DNR site is simply a generalization of the timeframes of when leaves fall. Anyone who's lived in central Minnesota their whole life will tell you that leaves can stay on the tree's a lot longer than early to mid October.

About 4 years ago it was continually warm well past Halloween. I have pictures from being outside during Halloween and the trees were full of leaves changing colors.

I posted the info from the DNR site as to peak colors of leaves. Perhaps there would be some left, but they are falling to the ground by Oct 22.

I'll rely on my personal experiences and recollected history. The DNR site is simply a generalization of the timeframes of when leaves fall. Anyone who's lived in central Minnesota their whole life will tell you that leaves can stay on the tree's a lot longer than early to mid October.

About 4 years ago it was continually warm well past Halloween. I have pictures from being outside during Halloween and the trees were full of leaves changing colors.

I remember sitting in my deer stand in 2005, the trees were all different colors and full of leaves. That would have been Nov 1st.

bbm
LE didn't give this profile description because the boys identified a suspect with dermatitis. The FBI's profile includes people with a noticeable, but not physically handicapping "imperfection" (causes self esteem issues). This would include people with a slight lisp like Dan.

Can you please cite where you read the boys identified a suspect with dermatitis? I can't find one, but I recall reading the dermatitis FBI profile description as AN EXAMPLE of the perp's possible overall persona/traits/characteristics - not that the boys has actually identified such a malady. I've listened to the initial 911 call with Aaron on the phone and Trevor in the background as well as their subsequent interviews....nowhere have I ever heard them identify dermatitis

Addendum: Just saw we agree - still, if someone has a link to that FBI profile I'd appreciate it - else I shall hunt it down

Caoutchouc,

Would you mind posting the list of all questions asked to LE so far?

Caoutchouc,

Would you mind posting the list of all questions asked to LE so far?

Plan to do asap! Everyone has come up with MANY really, really great questions - some of which I think LE should feel compelled to answer (or that the media may use to pressure LE into accountability - I'm looking at you, Dateline and Mr. Walsh)

I'm going to organize and categorize so they make some coherent sense (and there are a few overlaps)

About to post the master list of questions to LE. A few notes: I eliminated or rephrased a few questions for clarity. Also, I excluded questions directed toward Aaron, Trevor, or the Wetterling family This is my bias, but imo they've been extraordinarily forthcoming and I can't imagine LE revealing something that may put them in danger.
Thanks everyone who contributed, and I hope I didn't miss any and that this list continues. These are ALL great questions, and I believe the taxpaying people of MN deserve better answers. Moreover, we want to help solve this mystery that has plagued so many for almost 25 years.
Let's find Jacob Wetterling.

To: Stearns County Sheriff, Federal Bureau of Investigations
Re: Jacob Wetterling Investigation

It's been almost 25 years. What small tidbit of unheard information or evidence can you now release to the public that might generate new leads? Give us something new to work with!

A. Crime Scene
1. Can you share ALL of the evidence pictures that you have?
2. Could you provide photos or videos of the entire driveway from the entry to up around the Rassier farm turnaround?
3. Why didn't you knock on DR's door the night of the abduction?
4. Why didn't you go directly to DR home to secure the scene and find witnesses by knocking on doors immediately?
5. Why didn't you search the entire farm? It was the closest residence to the abduction site.
6. Why didn't you secure the entire DR driveway and when DR came under the crime scene tape, why didn't you immediately find that suspicious?
7. Why did you allow DR to leave the scene of the crime without searching his vehicle?
8. It has been reported that the 911 audio recording of Dan Rassier on night of the kidnapping was lost. There must be a transcript, however. Can you please release that?
9. Were there tire prints of vehicles that belonged to the Rassier family other than could be attributed to the mom and dad and DR?
10. What prints were documented from the perp who halted the boys in the middle of the road?
11. In total, how many sets of tire tracks were found on the driveway?
12. Where are the adult footprints that show a size 10-13 boot print coinciding with the crime scene? We’ve seen Jacob’s last prints, are there none of the perp? Were they compromised or hidden on purpose?
13. To what degree did “Kevin” and his car/tracks compromise the crime scene?

B. 2010 Search of DR’s Farm
1. What exactly did cadaver dogs hit on in 2010?
2. What exactly was in DRs journal?
3. What was found in DRs computer?
4. Why were those specific items taken from Rassier's garage?
5. What does it mean that you suddenly named a POI 21 years after the abduction? And also after the search of that person’s farm?
6. What specifically made you name DR a poi?
7. There is new technology regarding DNA...are you planning to re-test the items that you still have that belong to DR?

C. POI – DR
1. Did DR pass the lie-detector test?
2. What was DR's demeanor the following morning when he was questioned at work?
3. How much neighborly contact did the boys have with DR, such as when he was out running?
4. Did the parents notice any black boots, nylons, coat etc. missing when they returned from Europe?
5. When did DR’s parents depart for Europe and how were they transported to and from the airport?

D. Suspects
1. Who are the top 3 suspects in order and why?
2. There is a glimmer of truth in every lie, what totally rules out the B's story?

E. “Kevin” aka the questionable tire tracks http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/kevins-story/
1. What makes you confident Kevin's alibi is valid?
2. What investigative procedures were used to clear Kevin?
3. How strong is the likelihood there were other tire tracks that were unaccounted for due to the previously held thought that Kevin's tracks were the freshest and hence, those of the perp?

Respectfully submitted by the contributors of the WebSleuths community, Jacob Wetterling #9

Yes, it varies by year depending upon weather. Point is: what was the condition of leaves/no leaves/some leaves on October 22, 1989? Maybe posters from the area have pictures or local information to establish the fact?

Tha questions for LE look great!

My question is why should LE answer any of these questions. We do not have any legal status, and I see no reason why they will feel compelled to respond. We are simply a group of individuals who really don't even know each other who are speculating on what might or might not be.

My question is why should LE answer any of these questions. We do not have any legal status, and I see no reason why they will feel compelled to respond. We are simply a group of individuals who really don't even know each other who are speculating on what might or might not be.

Well. That attitude I'm afraid is a self fulfilling prophecy.
I like to think differently. My thought is that MSM and voters will exude their right to question LE. I, for one, would NOT want my child's disappearance handed so poorly. Furthermore, taxpayers spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on the 2010 dig. What do they have to show for it? LE should be held accountable.
IMHO the U.S. democracy revolves around the idea that our democracy is "of the people, by the people, for the people". LE's "secret state" attitude has yielded nothing in this case.
Why not try something different?

I have to agree with you there Trino. I'm not against asking a few questions, but that list is way too long and borders on interrogation. It won't go anywhere, and if you submit it I would prefer it not be signed from the ws community. I guess my preference would be if a few longtimers on this board chose 3-5 top questions, preceded with an introduction. Or not at all.

Not saying it isn't a valuable list. It IS a great list of questions, which we really needed. Just not to be used as a letter to LE as currently written.

QUOTE=Trino;10693850]My question is why should LE answer any of these questions. We do not have any legal status, and I see no reason why they will feel compelled to respond. We are simply a group of individuals who really don't even know each other who are speculating on what might or might not be.[/QUOTE]

To: Stearns County Sheriff, Federal Bureau of Investigations
Re: Jacob Wetterling Investigation

It's been almost 25 years. What small tidbit of unheard information or evidence can you now release to the public that might generate new leads? Give us something new to work with!

A. Crime Scene
1. Can you share ALL of the evidence pictures that you have?
2. Could you provide photos or videos of the entire driveway from the entry to up around the Rassier farm turnaround?
3. Why didn't you knock on DR's door the night of the abduction?
4. Why didn't you go directly to DR home to secure the scene and find witnesses by knocking on doors immediately?
5. Why didn't you search the entire farm? It was the closest residence to the abduction site.
6. Why didn't you secure the entire DR driveway and when DR came under the crime scene tape, why didn't you immediately find that suspicious?
7. Why did you allow DR to leave the scene of the crime without searching his vehicle?
8. It has been reported that the 911 audio recording of Dan Rassier on night of the kidnapping was lost. There must be a transcript, however. Can you please release that?
9. Were there tire prints of vehicles that belonged to the Rassier family other than could be attributed to the mom and dad and DR?
10. What prints were documented from the perp who halted the boys in the middle of the road?
11. In total, how many sets of tire tracks were found on the driveway?
12. Where are the adult footprints that show a size 10-13 boot print coinciding with the crime scene? We’ve seen Jacob’s last prints, are there none of the perp? Were they compromised or hidden on purpose?
13. To what degree did “Kevin” and his car/tracks compromise the crime scene?

B. 2010 Search of DR’s Farm
1. What exactly did cadaver dogs hit on in 2010?
2. What exactly was in DRs journal?
3. What was found in DRs computer?
4. Why were those specific items taken from Rassier's garage?
5. What does it mean that you suddenly named a POI 21 years after the abduction? And also after the search of that person’s farm?
6. What specifically made you name DR a poi?
7. There is new technology regarding DNA...are you planning to re-test the items that you still have that belong to DR?

C. POI – DR
1. Did DR pass the lie-detector test?
2. What was DR's demeanor the following morning when he was questioned at work?
3. How much neighborly contact did the boys have with DR, such as when he was out running?
4. Did the parents notice any black boots, nylons, coat etc. missing when they returned from Europe?
5. When did DR’s parents depart for Europe and how were they transported to and from the airport?

D. Suspects
1. Who are the top 3 suspects in order and why?
2. There is a glimmer of truth in every lie, what totally rules out the B's story?

E. “Kevin” aka the questionable tire tracks http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/kevins-story/
1. What makes you confident Kevin's alibi is valid?
2. What investigative procedures were used to clear Kevin?
3. How strong is the likelihood there were other tire tracks that were unaccounted for due to the previously held thought that Kevin's tracks were the freshest and hence, those of the perp?

Respectfully submitted by the contributors of the WebSleuths community, Jacob Wetterling #9

Well setup and good questions. We need to keep the case going and that is the point of this. I think the "why" questions under crime scene are bordering on offensive to LE though. Those are just obvious mistakes that LE has already admitted to making. There are also some important questions left out altogether.

Can you please cite where you read the boys identified a suspect with dermatitis? I can't find one, but I recall reading the dermatitis FBI profile description as AN EXAMPLE of the perp's possible overall persona/traits/characteristics - not that the boys has actually identified such a malady. I've listened to the initial 911 call with Aaron on the phone and Trevor in the background as well as their subsequent interviews....nowhere have I ever heard them identify dermatitis

Addendum: Just saw we agree - still, if someone has a link to that FBI profile I'd appreciate it - else I shall hunt it down
The FBI’s profile of the man who abducted Jacob included several possible symptoms of physical imperfections which might correlate to an underlying sense of inferiority or rejection.

At least 95 percent are men, and they (child abductors) tend to be unmarried and have few friends.

''In general, as everyone suspects, these people are losers,'' said Kenneth V. Lanning, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigations agent in Manassas, Va., who is a consultant for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

''They are the seedier, more unattractive, socially outcast kind of individuals,'' said Dr. David Finkelhor, a professor of sociology at the University of New Hampshire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/27/science/who-would-abduct-a-child-previous-cases-offer-clues.html

The FBI’s profile of the man who abducted Jacob included several possible symptoms of physical imperfections which might correlate to an underlying sense of inferiority or rejection.

At least 95 percent are men, and they (child abductors) tend to be unmarried and have few friends.

''In general, as everyone suspects, these people are losers,'' said Kenneth V. Lanning, a retired Federal Bureau of Investigations agent in Manassas, Va., who is a consultant for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

''They are the seedier, more unattractive, socially outcast kind of individuals,'' said Dr. David Finkelhor, a professor of sociology at the University of New Hampshire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/27/science/who-would-abduct-a-child-previous-cases-offer-clues.html

Sorry - I am still not seeing the FBI quote/description in relation to the Wetterling case. The NYT article is good, but does not mention Jacob Wetterling

bbm
LE didn't give this profile description because the boys identified a suspect with dermatitis. The FBI's profile includes people with a noticeable, but not physically handicapping "imperfection" (causes self esteem issues). This would include people with a slight lisp like Dan.

I don't think Pensfan is saying that the boys identified dermatitis. Rather they did not say anything about skin problems. The fbi is the one that said that dermatitis is a possibility.

Caoutch is this what you are referring to?

I don't think Pensfan is saying that the boys identified dermatitis. Rather they did not say anything about skin problems. The fbi is the one that said that dermatitis is a possibility.

Caoutch is this what you are referring to?

Right. But where was the FBI quoted as saying this? I know I read it, but can't find it

I'll see if I can find it.

The first article on the media thread says the fbi profile of the suspect has some sort of physical deformity. I couldn't link but it's on page one of each thread, first article. It's hard to read.

The first article on the media thread says the fbi profile of the suspect has some sort of physical deformity. I couldn't link but it's on page one of each thread, first article. It's hard to read.

Thanks - very confusing because I still cannot establish where the FBI published this. PM'd mod for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member