FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have even fallen asleep when she got home and forgot to put the alarm on. Many houses down here are wired for security but not everyone pays for and activates the service. Or they use it sporadically. We have a lot snowbirds (people who just come down in the winter) who only turn the security back on when they are going back up North. Does anyone know if her dogs were there? Some people board their dogs when they go out of town...Maybe she was going to pick them up Monday? Just some thoughts..ideas.

People with house alarms do not even always use them. To me, whether she had a house alarm or not has no bearing on this case.

My internist does collect a fee so I'm not sure of your point. My priority is quality of care rather than convenience although I've never had to wait more than a few minutes.

JMO

He does not file insurance, like Dr. Sievers, was my point. That style of practice is more common than it used to be.

I just tried to play 'catch-up' on the thread - WOW.

Interesting how the sheriff is a big politician.... that changes his little walk by water with that reporter - and his 'book/movie' - I am now confused.

About the foreign accent masseuse riding-on-Sievers-coattails lady - I agree she's milking the situation for her to make kaching $$$ off this.

Sievers imo sure musta spent a whole lot of time getting her 'therapy' as 'retail therapy' - and buying makeup, getting hair dyed, getting hair done, buying tons of clothes, shoes ----- has me wonder how she had time for focus on her 2 kids, and all the rest - the personal trainer?

I don't know what the heck to think now !!

HAS HUSBAND BEEN TOTALLY QUIET - DO THEY KNOW WHERE HE IS WITH THE 2 KIDS, OR IS IT LIKE HE'S IN HIDING WITH THEM? It's too bad IMO that school's not in session cuz' IMO that would be a good thing for those 2 little kids through this time.

Odd too, the part of this of how it seems Sievers had her daily habits posted pretty dang clearly on FB@@k (I don't like FB@@k).

The 'rage murder by hammer attack' is a stumper - wonder if killer went for just back/top of head, or if killer also went for her face - that sheriff knows all.

Where is last nite's NGrace transcript? Can somebody please post that (I have not tv...)

(modsnip)

tyia...

Its possible she did turn off the alarm to let the dogs out. Predawn hours could be around 5 as it would still be dark out. And if thats the time she usually got up to get ready for work.
My thoughts also. Would make sense to why the alarm was off.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just tried to play 'catch-up' on the thread - WOW.

Interesting how the sheriff is a big politician.... that changes his little walk by water with that reporter - and his 'book/movie' - I am now confused.

About the foreign accent masseuse riding-on-Sievers-coattails lady - I agree she's milking the situation for her to make kaching $$$ off this.

Sievers imo sure musta spent a whole lot of time getting her 'therapy' as 'retail therapy' - and buying makeup, getting hair dyed, getting hair done, buying tons of clothes, shoes ----- has me wonder how she had time for focus on her 2 kids, and all the rest - the personal trainer?

I don't know what the heck to think now !!

HAS HUSBAND BEEN TOTALLY QUIET - DO THEY KNOW WHERE HE IS WITH THE 2 KIDS, OR IS IT LIKE HE'S IN HIDING WITH THEM? It's too bad IMO that school's not in session cuz' IMO that would be a good thing for those 2 little kids through this time.

Odd too, the part of this of how it seems Sievers had her daily habits posted pretty dang clearly on FB@@k (I don't like FB@@k).

The 'rage murder by hammer attack' is a stumper - wonder if killer went for just back/top of head, or if killer also went for her face - that sheriff knows all.

Where is last nite's NGrace transcript? Can somebody please post that (I have not tv...)

(modsnip)

tyia...

Well, since Teresa Sievers is the victim in this discussion, I don't think we need to discuss, bring in, or judge her personal self upkeep or parenting skills! JMO of course

Looks like a motorcycle. I can see both handlebars

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking too! The only thing that threw me off is the wheel was off center to the handlebars it seemed!

Here is the website to statewide security. http://www.sseii.com/

Nobody else finds it strange that these guys had gloves and booties on and were inside the perimeter of a crime scene with the investigators?

I do
I questioned it early on
Why did a security company have access to a crime scene?

That's what I was thinking too! The only thing that threw me off is the wheel was off center to the handlebars it seemed!
Maybe as if it turned sideways at impact. Or the rider cut wheel sideways in an attempt to avoid collision? I missed a lot on this thread. Mostly because thus awful murder makes me sick, but that screamed bike or motor bike to me, as I'm sure others have already noted and I missed it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I do
I questioned it early on

Whenever I had issues with my alarm, the company always comes out to access the key pads. I don't think that is something they can do remotely.

Whenever I had issues with my alarm, the company always comes out to access the key pads. I don't think that is something they can do remotely.

Yes, i understand
But this was a crime scene

Maybe its just me...

I do
I questioned it early on

My guess is they were asked to come out and inspect the equipment to see if it was working properly. I also think they probably could tell it had not been turned on, but LE wanted to see if that was because she actually hadn't turned it on (i.e. equipment was working, just not activated) or that she thought she turned it on, but was not working or had been tampered with in some way. They'd have to be suited up because of DNA evidence.

People with house alarms do not even always use them. To me, whether she had a house alarm or not has no bearing on this case.

well, clearly police think it does since they called the alarm co. in & even gave them protective gear to go inside a crime scene

it matters if she disarmed it or someone else disarmed it or it wasn't working properly & didn't go off when the house may have been broken into

it matters for a whole bunch of reasons IMO

well, clearly police think it does since they called the alarm co. in & even gave them protective gear to go inside a crime scene

it matters if she disarmed it or someone else disarmed it or it wasn't working properly & didn't go off when the house may have been broken into

Agree

also, was it set and disarmed because she knew who was at the door?

Well, that's true. :) What I meant was if she never armed it, she never armed it, so the alarm would then have nothing to do with it. I'm leaning toward her never arming it and the company coming out to make sure it was working properly (i.e. she didn't "think" she armed it and it didn't work.). When I've had systems before, the company can tell remotely if it's totally unplugged from the wall, and not just unarmed. They would call to tell me it had become unplugged and ask if I was aware of it. So, if they could tell from their office she did not arm it, they probably wanted to check to make sure it was working correctly.

IMO, she disarmed it when she got home (if it was armed on vacation) and either forgot or didn't bother to arm it again.

I wonder who was responsible for watching the dogs.

The reason to not accept insurance for most regular doctors is simply put, more money. I have an ongoing normal medical issue, including diagnosis, surgery and follow up treatments. I monitor all the bills sent to my insurance company and what is getting paid out. I have a good, company paid for insurance plan. So my situation is pretty average all around.
My point is that if an office visit charge is 250, my insurance pays out around 20 dollars, plus my co-payment.
If a surgery runs 17,000, my insurance pays out around 7000. And so on.

If no insurance is accepted, I would have to pay the billing rate, not the "insurance payment negotiated rate". Thus, if my Dr bills 250 for an office visit, and does not accept insurance - he would get 250 for my visit, and i would get 20 or so from the insurance company if I filed. Very different from accepting the rate the insurance company dictates.
I sincerely hope that people only go to a Dr that does not accept insurance when they really understand the financial realities of the difference. And I strongly hope that this does not become a trend, as it would be ruinous to our already fragile healthcare in this country. We already pay way more than other countries that have much better coverage, and better outcomes.
And please knock off the pharma bashing. It's a for-profit industry, like any other. If people want to see them act in the interest of patients first, then socialize medical care. Otherwise, profits are the only thing that should matter to a drug company. It's the law regulating all publicly traded companies that their only obligation is to the shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam