Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
One issue that will likely be dealt with at a pretrial hearing would be the Relationships Australia files and counsellor evidence that was not proceeded with at the committal. The judge would decide if this evidence is admissible.

Breaking News, I love the photo of the doll......she is beautiful xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One issue that will likely be dealt with at a pretrial hearing would be the Relationships Australia files and counsellor evidence that was not proceeded with at the committal. The judge would decide if this evidence is admissible.

I think GBC dodged a bullet at the committal with this issue being set aside.

Now we shall see if judges rule this info as an Australian version of 'taking the fifth' (in terms of Allison speaking against GBC ) and will prevent this info being presented at the trial.

Inadmissibility of information in some programs
In some programs, including Family Counselling, Family Dispute Resolution and the Parenting Orders Program, communications are not only confidential, but also inadmissible (not allowed to be used) in any court proceedings (see sections 10, 70NED and 70NEF of the Family Law Act 1975). If you would rather attend a service where the communications are admissible (allowed to be used) in court proceedings, please talk to your Practitioner about other service options.

If you would like further information in relation to the above, please speak with your service provider, or call our Client Services Team on 1300 364 277.

http://www.raq.org.au/self-help-resources/confidentiality-duty-

GBC is a 'front man' and this charitable organisation can not be held guilty for accepting his version of events.

Moo

Unbelivable the following case, from back in 2008, has only just now gone to trial!! I think we all know the wheels of justice turn veryy slowly but this is ridiculous!!

July 24, 2013

The prosecution has opened its case against a couple charged with murdering two of their six children in 2008.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...dlers-court-20130724-2qizc.html#ixzz2ZwjFUUkf

ETA: I've opened a thread for this case if anyone's interested.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217223"]Aust-Brisbane-Couple on trial for murdering two of their six children in 2008. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hello everyone. I have not been on for quite a while but have never forgotten Allison. I have been reading up on threads made since I last visited. Haven't caught up yet but something has struck me. One of the neighbours stated they had seen one of the cars with all four doors open. Could this have been to allow carbon monoxide out of the car? Sorry if this has been mentioned. I will keep reading until I am caught up. Just got excited by my theory.

Hello everyone. I have not been on for quite a while but have never forgotten Allison. I have been reading up on threads made since I last visited. Haven't caught up yet but something has struck me. One of the neighbours stated they had seen one of the cars with all four doors open. Could this have been to allow carbon monoxide out of the car? Sorry if this has been mentioned. I will keep reading until I am caught up. Just got excited by my theory.

Allison is in my thoughts whenever I drive into Brookfield. Louisepiglet, I don't think your carbon monoxide theory has been put forth before this. I guess if a dead person had been in one's vehicle, it would be quite natural to open up the doors and allow fresh air to circulate.

Whilst this article does focus a lot on Nth Qld, I think this is relevant to the number of high profile cases coming up in the SE Qld area. It really bothers me that there may be cases going to the courts that could be substandard because of staffing issues.

Then there's certain 'you know who' accused who demand this and demand that in regards to their legal aid representation. <shaking head> .....

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...cutions-staffing/story-fnii5v6w-1226685252801

A CROWN prosecutor warned he might not have the resources to try a massive drug case just weeks before the State Government said the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions had enough staff.

Whilst this article does focus a lot on Nth Qld, I think this is relevant to the number of high profile cases coming up in the SE Qld area. It really bothers me that there may be cases going to the courts that could be substandard because of staffing issues.

Then there's certain 'you know who' accused who demand this and demand that in regards to their legal aid representation. <shaking head> .....

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...cutions-staffing/story-fnii5v6w-1226685252801

A CROWN prosecutor warned he might not have the resources to try a massive drug case just weeks before the State Government said the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions had enough staff.

Recently in Toowoomba the case of the two Sydney nurses who were murdered at Murphy's Creek in the 70's was heard.
The manner in which this case was handled or "mis-handled" then came to light.
It appears now that evidence given in good faith became mysteriously lost.
The perpetrators were apparently well known to police at the time.
It now looks like those in high places may have something to answer for.
The question is: How much corruption and cover-up is there in Queensland in high places? How, what where and why? And why should it continue?

Recently in Toowoomba the case of the two Sydney nurses who were murdered at Murphy's Creek in the 70's was heard.
The manner in which this case was handled or "mis-handled" then came to light.
It appears now that evidence given in good faith became mysteriously lost.
The perpetrators were apparently well known to police at the time.
It now looks like those in high places may have something to answer for.
The question is: How much corruption and cover-up is there in Queensland in high places? How, what where and why? And why should it continue?

LadyBird, this is very sad. Not helped by the initial investigation being inadequate. Just like the double murder on the Atherton Tablelands years ago. Husband recently before the courts, but because of investigation stuff up and length of time, seems like DPP will not pursue him to trial. I get so sad for the victims families. Bad enough that they had family member murdered, but to have accused not go to trial is heartbreaking. Justice is not always done.

But justice WILL be done for Allison.

I just don't understand why the bloke in USA who held those girls captive in his house for 10 years has been arrested and tried and now in jail for 1000 years and GBC case and many others in Australia dragggging out. Surely our legal system needs to move quicker than this. It is not fair on the victim, family nor accused.

Sorry to be slightly OT, but this really gets up my nose.

Waiting, waiting, waiting

BN, he plead guilty after doing a plea bargain to have the death penalty taken off the table for the murder charges of the unborn babies. So there was no trial.

I do agree though, US cases progress much quicker than here. They have their private grand jury to indict not long after the arrest. Then if indicted, they plead and if the plea is not guilty then a trial gets set down. So our committal process takes a lot more time than the US grand jury process.

BN, he plead guilty after doing a plea bargain to have the death penalty taken off the table for the murder charges of the unborn babies. So there was no trial.

I do agree though, US cases progress much quicker than here. They have their private grand jury to indict not long after the arrest. Then if indicted, they plead and if the plea is not guilty then a trial gets set down. So our committal process takes a lot more time than the US grand jury process.

Thanks Alioop. I knew you would set me straight.

"All I learnt about the law, I learnt from Judge Judy."

A little off topic. I think majority would know of Courier Mail's reporter Alison Sandy. The following is an interesting conversation on ABC radio with her about the difficulty the media has in trying to access information from our Government.

Our Right to Information

Campbell Newman as Premier has often advocated for a more transparent government. Part of that process is ensuring that the press can obtain information and question political figures, but how easy is it for journalists to access documents that they deem to be in the public interest?

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2013/06/our-right-to-information.html

So totally off topic marleywings - I am truly sorry but I cannot believe those poor little boys were just killed by a random suffocation by an agro escaped snake! I reckon there is more to that story - so hope that the truth surfaces. Snakes mash and masticate their prey to kill them. To me it doesn't add up!

All very odd isn't it Liaden!!

Here's the thread for it if anyone's interested in following it.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218358"]Canada &#8729; Two children dead after python escapes pet shop Campbellton N.B. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And in case anyone's interested in the following case. The accused has today been sentenced.

He killed the woman, dumped her body in a wheelie bin & has this afternoon been sentenced to ONLY nine years!! He'll be out in five because of time already served.

Justine Jones' killer found not guilty of murder

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218499"]Justine Jones' killer found not guilty of murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A note to let everyone know... because of the limited amount of media outlets in Oz, for now, Admin is re-allowing sites such as CourierMail, HeraldSun & SydneyDailyTelegraph, even though they are behind a paywall.

The situation with the above sites is that they allow you five "free" reports per week. After that you're required to sign up but you can then access 10 "free" reports,once you're over the 10 they ask you to pay to read any further reports.

Many of the American news sites are going the same way so Admin will be discussing the best way to handle this issue for the future. We'll be sure to let everyone know once a decision has been made.

And in case anyone's interested in the following case. The accused has today been sentenced.

He killed the woman, dumped her body in a wheelie bin & has this afternoon been sentenced to ONLY nine years!! He'll be out in five because of time already served.

Justine Jones' killer found not guilty of murder

Justine Jones' killer found not guilty of murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

In that case, there was no cause of death able to be determined due to the state of decomposition of the body by the time she was found in a rubbish dump, similar to Allison's case. The prosecution could not prove intent but the jury held him responsible for her death and for interfering with her corpse by putting her in a wheelie bin. It sounds like the jury made the right decision based on the evidence. The difference in Allison's case is that the prosecution claim that GBC had an intention to kill as evidenced by the circumstantial evidence of his financial stress, her life insurances and his affair with TM including promises to her that he would be free of his wife soon.

But very interesting in so far as it is similar to Allison's unknown cause of death whilst in the same house as the accused and then the dumping of the body. Interesting that he got 18 months for the interference with the body to be served in addition to the 9 years for manslaughter conviction.

Marly you might like to copy this post to the new thread on that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam