GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless all the incredible searchers who braved triple digit heat to look for this young woman today. Praying that God guides their efforts and she is found soon!

Absolutely! I live in Northern CA but it's blistering hot here today too. I just now braved the grocery store and thought the heat was going to kill me between the car and the store (nevermind from the driveway into the house while carrying groceries). I was feeling sorry for my sweaty self until I thought about the searchers looking for Erin in what I'm sure is even hotter and drier weather, probably having to wear heavier clothing and probably carrying extra gear, too. My heart goes out to them... I don't even know how they do it.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

Ok, new thread already to go, will be closing this one in five minutes please continue here...

Thread #3

Erin is/was legally an adult. Soldiers dying for their country at that same age although numerically teenagers, would certainly consider themselves men in every sense of the word - as would I. My own mother had me by that age and was managing her own household. Erin could have been enjoying her youth "unencumbered" as you say, but saying she should have been is going a bit far. In researching my family tree, 19 year olds were often well-established in their households, with multiple children. I find it puzzling that, today, people are so quick to consider a 19 year old as more or less a child.

Don't get me wrong. I certainly hope she is found and, if her death was not accidental, I fervently hope the killer is brought to justice. I just think we should pay Erin the respect of considering her as the adult she was.

Thank you. I married at 19, had my first child at 20, and a mortgage at 21. My husband and I just celebrated our 31st anniversary. Some people just mature early and are well prepared for adult life at 19.

:modstop:

Scanner info STAYS in the scanner thread. You may NOT bring it upstairs.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members