GUILTY Canada - Farah Khan, 5, found dismembered, Toronto, 6 Dec 1999

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
This little girl was from Toronto, her parents are on trial now.

Here is her story.

~~~~

She was just five years old, or almost 6 as children that age are usually determined to see it. She stood three and three-quarter inches over three feet, and weighed 35 pounds, tiny by any measure. She was in the afternoon senior kindergarten class at Second Street Junior Middle School in the west end of the city.

And yet, according to the first statement her father, Muhammad Arsal Khan, gave Toronto police after his arrest, Farah committed suicide "by slitting her own throat" while her daddy and stepmother were at the grocery store.

She hadn't wanted to go with them, Mr. Khan said, protesting that it was too cold out, and that she wanted to watch cartoons. So they left her in the apartment, Mr. Khan told detectives in a videotaped interview on Jan. 19, 2000, and when they got home, darned if she wasn't lying on the living room floor, near death, blood everywhere, her body "flopping around."

He picked her up, Mr. Khan continued, adding a dramatic detail: As she died in his arms, he said, she urinated on him.

Still and all, Mr. Khan reasonably concluded that "no one would believe the truth, that Farah had killed herself," so the next thing he did was to carry his daughter into the bathroom and cut her into pieces -- eight of them, not counting her head and her torso.

That was Mr. Khan's story four years ago, or rather the first of them ~ Mr. Khan has since abandoned that original version of events.

The first parts of Farah's dismembered body were discovered on Dec. 7, 1999, by a woman who was walking her dog at a lakefront park not far from where the family then lived. This woman, Mr. Fisher said, will identify Mr. Khan and Ms. Fatima as the couple she saw by the water, digging among the rocks, and whom she first suspected of having buried drugs there. When she investigated shortly afterwards, she found a double-bagged package, opened it a bit, and "saw a child's hand, and then she saw a child's leg." The woman dropped the bag and ran for help.

Police would later discover a total of five different bags in different locations in that park and another in the north end of the city, finding the little girl's head -- ignominiously hidden face down under a rock -- only with Mr. Khan acting as a guide. Farah's torso was never located, though the bag that apparently contained it was, still bearing traces of her blood.

~~~~

The family was Pakistani, and apparenty Farah was the daughter of Mrs. Khan to her first husband that was an arranged marriage, they met on their wedding day and divorced after 4 months.

Mr. Khan called Farah a *advertiser censored* child and was cruel to her and his new wife, Farah's mother. She however, is also charged with 1st degree murder.. the trial is still going on. They have both pled 'not guilty' although Mr. Khan's lawyer asked for a plea bargain to manslaughter and the crown refused it.

Story from the Globe and Mail
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040130/BLATCHM30/TPFront/TopStories

Probably nothing all that wrong in their homeland's culture. Canada has allowed a great deal of immigration. This is what they get from it.

OH! There is NO punishment on this earth great enough for this! What
a hellish,hellish crime! :mad: The poor little baby!:angel: What her short life on this earth must've been like!!!!

If you don't want your little ones GIVE them to someone who does...I have two of my own, but would've taken this precious girl in a heartbeat! Of course, someone evil enough to hate a child so would rather they be dead!

My dear (with the Lord now) Great Grandma gave up one of her children during the depression. They had 7 little ones and could barely feed and clothe them. So, one was "given" to a childless couple who dearly wanted him. He grew up knowing about this and, in fact, knowing his birth mom.
She loved him dearly...It had to be so hard to do...Especially when they had lost a precious 7 yo to pneumonia. The little boy (now an old man)
was blessed and turned out to be one of the nicest people!:)

Sorry to be rambling...It's awful late (er...early:)) here... I ought to get some more sleep.

Bless y'all,

Toth said:
Probably nothing all that wrong in their homeland's culture. Canada has allowed a great deal of immigration. This is what they get from it.

Oh yes. The only explanation for this horrible murder is that they were Pakistani. As I read through these many many Websleuth pages filled with heinous crimes such as murder, child molestation, rape, etc., perpetrated by one white/caucasian/Christian/euro-American after another I see this story and must come to the conclusion that the murder of this innocent child must be attributed to the fact that her step-father is a Pakistani immigrant. Pure logic (dripping with sarcasm here). :razz:

From April 2004:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/fathe...d-of-murdering-5-year-old-farah-khan-1.496891

The jury in the Farah Khan case on Thursday found the five-year-old girl's father guilty of first-degree murder and her stepmother guilty of second-degree murder.

After a day and a half of deliberations, the jury concluded that Muhammad Arsal Khan premeditated his daughter's death in 1999. He faces an automatic sentence of life in prison with no parole for 25 years.

They found Farah's stepmother, Kaneez Fatima, guilty because she did not do enough to stop Khan from killing the girl. She faces a minimum of 10 years in jail.

This article is wrong as the killer is the Stepfather and the bio mother is the one who didnt protect her. This poor little girl..so messed up these parents.

All the articles refer to Farah's mom as her stepmother. Farah's father remarried twice.

It is not as though Mr. Khan was blissfully happy with Ms. Fatima, who was his second wife by an arranged marriage and nine years his senior, and who arguably appears to have been his ticket to Canada from their native Pakistan, since she had citizenship here, and could sponsor him.

More info on the case at link below.

Source, Last updated Wednesday, Mar. 18, 2009 11:10AM EDT: Stepmother's role central to Farah's murder trial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farah Jahan Khan, 1994 - December 1999, 5 years old. Picture and more info here: https://www.facebook.com/289572357755037/posts/623214974390772

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The child was five-year-old Farah Khan, and the two accused were her father and stepmother. Her father, it seems, had gotten it into his head that Farah was not his daughter. He accused his first wife of adultery, and firmly believed that Farah’s real father was someone else. No evidence, but good old Muhammad knew what he knew and Farah was not his daughter.

Back in Pakistan Muhammad Arsal Khan didn’t want his first wife, and most assuredly didn’t want little Farah, whom he called “that useless child,” “*advertiser censored* offspring” and “child of a dog.” Unhappily for all, Pakistani elders, following Islamic law, awarded him custody of the child, and that is how Farah Khan wound up living with and dying at the hands of her father and stepmother.

Source: Muhammad Arsal Khan and Kaneez Fatima This article also has pictures of all three.

R.I.P. sweet Farah. :rose:

Global News
Dec 10 2019
Toronto’s Farah Khan, 5, remembered 20 years after her murder by those who never knew her
"A snowy walk takes former Toronto police homicide detective Rolf Prisor back to Colonel Samuel Smith Park in the city’s west end, the place that two decades ago was the epicentre of a desperate search for answers.

The partial remains of five-year-old Farah Khan were discovered at the park and Prisor was the lead detective who helped solve the case. The little girl’s father and stepmother were later convicted of her murder.

But the case might never have been solved if not for an extraordinary news conference and an attentive kindergarten teacher.

On Dec. 7, 1999, a woman walking her dog noticed a couple burying something among the rocks along by Lake Ontario. When they left, she went over and looked inside a bag they had tried to conceal.

“She opened it up and immediately she saw the hand, the forearm,” recalled Prisor.

Shortly after that discovery, Prisor, who at the time worked in the homicide squad, got a call. He said he was told about body parts being found in the park, but what he discovered when he arrived on the scene shocked him — something that haunts him to this day. The body parts were that of a child."
"Cairns said DNA testing showed the limb is from a girl who was between four and six years of age, and likely of South Asian descent. He then read a list of countries considered to be South Asian, including India, Bangladesh and Pakistan."

On that very day at Second Street Elementary School, not far from Colonel Samuel Smith Park, kindergarten teacher Heather Cartwright heard the news. Coincidentally, a pair of police officers were at the school on an unrelated matter. She told them about one of her young students who recently returned to Pakistan with her family to look after an ailing grandmother.

Cartwright kept some of the girls things, including a crucial finger painting. It was the break police needed.

“The prints that were found on the artwork matched the fingerprints of the remains, specifically the left middle finger,” said Prisor.

“This was a huge, huge break for us because now we identified her finally.”
But despite the decades, she has not been forgotten. Whenever he’s at the cemetery for a funeral, Farouk said he stops by.

“I always make the effort to go see visit Farah and make a special prayer for her,” he said."

This case was recently featured on a new Canadian series called Crime Beat. I'd never heard of Farah's story, and it breaks my heart.

How absolutely cruel, there are no words. She would be 25 or 26 now, perhaps graduated from university, and hopefully far away from home. Although I understand it can be hard to gauge what happens in someone's home, I wonder if there were ever visible bruises or signs of abuse prior to her murder. Forgive me if that has been addressed, I've only found out about this in the last hour.

It's sickening, and I will never understand some people. He clearly was too proud to formally part with her and place her into care, and instead, made the disgusting and harrowing choice to end her life. I was relieved to find out this man remains incarcerated, and I sincerely hope he remains there until his last breath.

Also appalling involvement by the stepmother. I recognize she was likely abused at the hands of Mr. Khan as well, but this was a gruesome murder. She has been released from prison, although I'm not sure where she is currently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back