Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh! I don't know if this is new, but JM anticipated that she would claim to have returned the third gas can to Walmart. Now that's umpteenth level chess.

Ah...but there was no reason to buy it in the first place. If she said she returned it, why did she buy it? She thought she might need it to go where? No need for it at all on the interstate between LA and Las Vegas! Why would there be a danger of running out of gas?

When where and what context for the bikini shopping? They were plural bikinis? Where did she get the money for this stuff? I have never figured this out, and she was spending a lot of money.... She had to buy that new red blouse for the murder, too, and maybe the pants she got for the occasion 'cos they were cheap (not to mention blood wouldn't show up and they allowed her to be athletic).

I think she stole money from Travis. I heard it said Mormons keep a large stash of money in case of emergency. Don't know if its true, but he was getting ready to go on a trip. She also had access to his bank accounts and credit cards. I remember her asking Det Flores if they got her money in her safe. SAFE??? What did a part time waitress need a safe for? Where did she get the money to put in it and how much was in it? She bought a gun too and they aren't cheap. She had rented a car and was going on another trip so why wasn't she taking the money in the safe. They said she had money on her and in her purse. I hope Juan explains that.

Didn't he have that in his closing for the guilt phase? Maybe he's been on safari? If not, that's an impressively imaginative simile.
I'm not sure, but I really like the "hoofed beast" analogy in reference to the killer.

Also, innuendo of a wildebeest, which is a cloven hoofed animal (i.e. unclean for biblical purposes). Maybe I'm just reading into that a little too much, but you know...Juan gets my humor because clearly he wants me. Appearing in my dreams, and all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Whoa whoa whoa.

Pg 144. That transcribed note found tucked away in the box of receipts etc. that JM thinks she graciously compiled for police to find, just in case.

(JM points out her reply to Sandy-- no, I was never in Arizona and I have the gas receipts and everything else to prove it).

She ASKED him to write her that note, a sweet note, and she asked him more than once. Travis texted her that he had done so.

That's why the note begins with--" Dear Jodi- a note a note a note! blah blah blah."

He doesn't even bother to check his grammar (horrors! Or....on purpose because it annoyed the hell out of her?).

The point being, she demanded that note in APRIL.

Thank you for clarifying. My IQ is 126 so I guess in my haste to seem smart, I made me and CMJA the same :0

And I am no Einstein for sure.

i think Demarte had her pegged. The empty, borderline personality disordered, unstable sociopath was being rejected/abandoned by her obsession. So she killed him.

In that "sweet" note:

"I hope you will take this interregnum from who you have been and who you really are and never look back. To be ruled by your best self..."

Whoa whoa whoa.

Pg 144. That transcribed note found tucked away in the box of receipts etc. that JM thinks she graciously compiled for police to find, just in case.

(JM points out her reply to Sandy-- no, I was never in Arizona and I have the gas receipts and everything else to prove it).

She ASKED him to write her that note, a sweet note, and she asked him more than once. Travis texted her that he had done so.

That's why the note begins with--" Dear Jodi- a note a note a note! blah blah blah."

He doesn't even bother to check his grammar (horrors! Or....on purpose because it annoyed the hell out of her?).

The point being, she demanded that note in APRIL.

I suspected it was a forgery by her because of the inapt use of "interregnum." It immediately struck me as one of those $100 words that she likes to casually use, but always incorrectly. And I assumed that the minor errors in grammar etc were her attempt to disguise her authorship.

In that "sweet" note:

"I hope you will take this interregnum from who you have been and who you really are and never look back. To be ruled by your best self..."

I believe she wrote it to herself, would Travis have used a word such as interregnum? The context of the word is so Jodith, her majesty. LMFAO.

I always wondered if she thought she could explain buying ONE gas can (woman alone on the road to Utah) , so she saved the receipt...and thought Brewer would never disclose her borrowing TWO gas cans? Then after Brewer testifies she must then say she returned the third can after JM discloses she bought one. Idk...seems like a huge risk to take to "borrow" gas cans. To buy 3 cans would cost less than $40. Why risk someone being able to say you borrowed something which would go toward premeditating a murder? I guess she thought her ex boyfriends would keep her secrets?

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but it is impossible for me not to see the hand of God in this.

First the DT hands over what JM needs to prove premeditation, but all the pieces aren't quite there. Almost....but not.

So what happens next? His legal assistant misfiles a purple folder (he never uses purple) in docs he is accessing for the case. JM is meticulous about everything in his office and how papers are treated and handled.

No legal assistant would survive in that job without being meticulous too, but she misfiles that purple folder, and what is in it? The bank statements proving her gas purchases in SLC, in other words, evidence of a 3rd gas can and the missing piece he needed to nail down premed.

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but it is impossible for me not to see the hand of God in this.

First the DT hands over what JM needs to prove premeditation, but all the pieces aren't quite there. Almost....but not.

So what happens next? His legal assistant misfiles a purple folder (he never uses purple) in docs he is accessing for the case. JM is meticulous about everything in his office and how papers are treated and handled.

No legal assistant would survive in that job without being meticulous too, but she misfiles that purple folder, and what is in it? The bank statements proving her gas purchases in SLC, in other words, evidence of a 3rd gas can and the missing piece he needed to nail down premed.

yeah that's a little bit of 'divine intervention'.

so i'm not sure if i should get this book or not. i would definitely want a hard copy and there are some available at amazon canada for 30 bucks. i know it's got no 'real' new info in it, but is it a good read otherwise? i suppose it is.

I suspected it was a forgery by her because of the inapt use of "interregnum." It immediately struck me as one of those $100 words that she likes to casually use, but always incorrectly. And I assumed that the minor errors in grammar etc were her attempt to disguise her authorship.

I understand why you think that and you may be right, but for myself I am very sure he wrote it.

The text exchange when she insisted on a sweet note struck me as odd the first time I read it...the request was completely out of context , off the wall given what was happening then.

And if the purpose of the note is what JM believes it to be, that is not the note she would have written to herself IMO. She was constructing a storyline from late Feb through mid-May, and that note doesn't fit into the lie she was creating.

I always wondered if she thought she could explain buying ONE gas can (woman alone on the road to Utah) , so she saved the receipt...and thought Brewer would never disclose her borrowing TWO gas cans? Then after Brewer testifies she must then say she returned the third can after JM discloses she bought one. Idk...seems like a huge risk to take to "borrow" gas cans. To buy 3 cans would cost less than $40. Why risk someone being able to say you borrowed something which would go toward premeditating a murder? I guess she thought her ex boyfriends would keep her secrets?

I too always wondered why she borrowed instead of purchasing them. I can only assume it was her arrogance, the same arrogance that blinded her to her stupidity.

yeah that's a little bit of 'divine intervention'.

so i'm not sure if i should get this book or not. i would definitely want a hard copy and there are some available at amazon canada for 30 bucks. i know it's got no 'real' new info in it, but is it a good read otherwise? i suppose it is.

There IS new info in it, at least for the most obsessed of us. :D

Beyond that, he writes really well, his dry humor is sprinkled throughout and you get a real sense of how his superb mind works. Worth every penny, IMO.

Pg 147.

"Arias appeared to have thought of everything, but one thing that she could not have foreseen was that her defense counsel would turn over these interview summaries. The detail that DB had lent her two gas cans turned out to be the key (to proving premed).

OUCH.

I think she stole money from Travis. I heard it said Mormons keep a large stash of money in case of emergency. Don't know if its true, but he was getting ready to go on a trip. She also had access to his bank accounts and credit cards. I remember her asking Det Flores if they got her money in her safe. SAFE??? What did a part time waitress need a safe for? Where did she get the money to put in it and how much was in it? She bought a gun too and they aren't cheap. She had rented a car and was going on another trip so why wasn't she taking the money in the safe. They said she had money on her and in her purse. I hope Juan explains that.

BBM -I agree, especially in light of that story of how TA had slapped down the wad of bills from his bonus after achieving some monthly high level or some such thing from PPL the first? time JA met him at the Hughes'. The first time I heard that story the term grifter just seemed natural when describing the "bad waitress".

Goody. JM is now moving on to Samuels and LaViolette. Samuels only gets three paragraphs--he clearly doesn't deserve more. As for ALV: "Her approach in deciding whether Arias was a victim of domestic violence required that she forget Arias' past trespasses against the truth." She gets dismissed in four paragraphs. :giggle:

Pg 150.

Examines the forged pedo letters. What he compares them to is that note found in the shoebox. The pedo letters differ from the note in significant ways, including how each is dated, language etc. JM thinks the note was written by TA.

I am loving all the voices here! It's a bit like old times! It is great to be among such intelligent and thoughtful folks. I don't post a lot, but I've been here all along and really appreciate you all.
I am savoring the book and it reaffirms my belief in Juan's brilliance, talent and professionalism. :clap:

"Both of these experts appeared to have done more harm than good to the defense case."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288