Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it too and suggest it may be a reflection from fingers on the desk onto the monitor screen. There was so much glare in court. The pic in JM's book doesn't have the same ghostly fingernails. Spooky.

I think you're correct. I even see a possible gold band on one "finger". Once I started seeing them as fingers, they looked like male fingers to me. You're explanation makes perfect sense.

If her foot is in a sock or shoe, where is her ankle/upper foot?

View attachment 89366

Bumping for comparison. Is gold ring or fingers in this one that was used in book ? until you mentioned the gold ring I could never see the fingers but now that you mention the gold ring I see them clearly in the court photo only .

I think you're correct. I even see a possible gold band on one "finger". Once I started seeing them as fingers, they looked like male fingers to me. You're explanation makes perfect sense.

Yes, it was the gold ring that made me look closer. Thanks.

Samspace..sorry for not quoting your whole last post- it's difficult to winnow down on this wee phone.

This part, which you're saying JM was saying: She wanted him, he didn't want her, if she couldn't have him, no one was going to have him.

I've been trying to figure out for months why that didn't sound quite right. Just understood why from your post. Might be a subtle difference in words, but for me it isn't the words.

IMO this is more accurate: She wanted him to marry her, he didn't want to marry her, since he wasn't going to chose her, she was going to make sure he couldn't choose anyone else either.

It wasn't about anyone else being able to have him, it was about him not being able to have anyone else.

Same thing with Cancun. It wasn't about his taking Mimi or some other specific woman. It was about him not taking her. If he didn't take her, she was going to make sure he didn't get to go either.

IMO that is why she murdered him before the trip.

You said that so much better than myself. Thank you, JM said as much to a reporter, that he did not want to marry her and she couldn't accept that. Cancun also had to be an issue because she lied about knowing he was taking Mimi.

Where was it?

Day 25. This is mistitled but is the correct link:

[video=youtu;L_TCy2_816Y]http://youtu.be/L_TCy2_816Y[/video]

From 50 minutes in but the whole sequence is spellbinding.

To me, this is Juan at his best. Arias is struggling to act the victim and remember her lies. Juan ducks and dives, uses her self-pity and focuses on her injuries. She then admits, several times, that the injury to her finger was caused when she murdered Travis. I hold my breath every time I watch it because Martinez repeats the question and even illustrates with his finger. When, eventually, she realises she has majorly goofed, she tries to recover but Juan pushes more proof her way.

I totally understand now why Deanna asked (during the second trial) to read the transcripts before she testified. Deanna did not trust KN at all after coming to her home the first time under false pretense

You guys are taking me back to the whole white dress, blue dress, gold dress internet craze with the foot thing!

I see a foot, which yes, looks covered in a sock or some sort of spandex material, and poor Travis head turned ever so slightly to the right, his right arm above him and his foot pointing to the right. I guess she would have worn a sock thinking it would keep blood off of her shoes or make her shoe print unidentifiable???

Same MaLou!
I am seeing too many things now! :scared:

Here you go, I circled the area and put an arrow pointing to the most clear toe but they are in somewhat of a blur as they were likely moving quickly across and then up (no idea what she was doing but her whole foot is in motion):

View attachment 89476

You'll probably have to be on a computer or laptop to see it, a phone screen will probably be too small.

GS doing great, first birthday in 2 days, can you believe it??

*BBM* & O/T

That is great Geev :) You must be enjoying, such a fun age!

BTW- That pic with her face possibly reflecting.....REALLY creeps me out. All the awfulness of this case and something about THAT just gives me chills more than anything!
Good job with it though :clap:

To me, this is Juan at his best. Arias is struggling to act the victim and remember her lies. Juan ducks and dives, uses her self-pity and focuses on her injuries. She then admits, several times, that the injury to her finger was caused when she murdered Travis. I hold my breath every time I watch it because Martinez repeats the question and even illustrates with his finger. When, eventually, she realises she has majorly goofed, she tries to recover but Juan pushes more proof her way.

Juan is great in this. Also this is where she tells the jury that Travis's closet is bigger than the cell she lives in now

I hope you all don't mind, but I'm going to ask the Mods for a new thread - as this one took me about 5 minutes to upload these 10 pages... going on 11! :pcguru:

Regarding Jodi's shoes.....

A poster upthread has provided a screen shot of the shoes Jodi was in when she was interrogated by EF. They are black shoes, look to be high tops.

I think those are not just any pair of shoes, but THE pair of shoes used in the murder. I wonder if LE checked them for TA's blood? Blood would definitely have soaked through the socks she wore over them and would absolutely have wicked into the fabric of the shoes.

I wonder why the socks over the shoes (i.e. in the photo) weren't in evidence for premeditation? Socks don't go over shoes unless you're planning something in advance, and it's likely to be nefarious unless you're dusting the floor.

Which reminds me.....if Jodi had socks over her shoes—as seems obvious—she must have been sliding all over the place on those tiles.

Also, sort of on the topic....At the EF interrogation. I've always considered it bizarre that Jodi was so well dressed, so early in the morning, and with a plan to go camping. Those pants are so lovely and white... At 6 am or whatever it was for the arrest? Who does that? LE knocks on the grandparents' front door to elicit her help over the gun theft, and she comes to the door in spiffy white pants and matching tee? This is not exactly a beach cabaña or a tennis date!

I have thought the same thing about how JA was dressed at the time of her arrest. I also agree with you about THE shoes she is wearing. It does make me wonder if her shoes were ever tested for TA's blood?

Originally Posted by Hope4More
Samspace..sorry for not quoting your whole last post- it's difficult to winnow down on this wee phone.

This part, which you're saying JM was saying: She wanted him, he didn't want her, if she couldn't have him, no one was going to have him.

I've been trying to figure out for months why that didn't sound quite right. Just understood why from your post. Might be a subtle difference in words, but for me it isn't the words.

IMO this is more accurate: She wanted him to marry her, he didn't want to marry her, since he wasn't going to chose her, she was going to make sure he couldn't choose anyone else either.

It wasn't about anyone else being able to have him, it was about him not being able to have anyone else.

Same thing with Cancun. It wasn't about his taking Mimi or some other specific woman. It was about him not taking her. If he didn't take her, she was going to make sure he didn't get to go either.

You said that so much better than myself. Thank you, JM said as much to a reporter, that he did not want to marry her and she couldn't accept that. Cancun also had to be an issue because she lied about knowing he was taking Mimi.
So Jane V-M saying on Dr. Phil that Jodi was blackmailing Travis in an attempt to endear herself to him and win a free a trip to Cancun wasn't entirely wrong or off the mark. The motive may have originally been about her not going to Cancun from the "1,000 Places" book, but knowing Travis would be in Cancun without her, the motive then also became about silencing her critic to all his friends about all the lying, cheating, stealing, tire-slashing and manipulations she'd been doing to him for who knows how long.

And how did that work out for her? Not so good, did it? All his friends eventually found out way more about her than she would ever imagine. As did we all - perfect strangers to her.

I guess she was more concerned about her own reputation with Travis' friends than being arrested for (and convicted of) murder. I guess that's the chance you take when you have nothing else left to lose.

I too always wondered why she borrowed instead of purchasing them. I can only assume it was her arrogance, the same arrogance that blinded her to her stupidity.

Could be that she was using his unconscious participation and material contribution to create in her own mind a tacit approval of her actions. She also solicited the help of a relative to drive her to the car-rental when she could have taken a bus or cab. These would make her decision a 'consensus' in her own mind. Of course, she couldn't tell them outright, because they were too dumb to 'understand'.

:seeya: Heads up! New thread coming. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Originally Posted by Hope4More

So Jane V-M saying on Dr. Phil that Jodi was blackmailing Travis in an attempt to endear herself to him and win a free a trip to Cancun wasn't entirely wrong or off the mark. The motive may have originally been about her not going to Cancun from the "1,000 Places" book, but knowing Travis would be in Cancun without her, the motive then also became about silencing her critic to all his friends about all the lying, cheating, stealing, tire-slashing and manipulations she'd been doing to him for who knows how long.

And how did that work out for her? Not so good, did it? All his friends eventually found out way more about her than she would ever imagine. As did we all - perfect strangers to her.

I guess she was more concerned about her own reputation with Travis' friends than being arrested for (and convicted of) murder. I guess that's the chance you take when you have nothing else left to lose.

4/5. leaves Mesa knowing Lisa is out of the picture and thinks Travis has given up on Mimi.

4/11. Mimi posts on FB a friendly warm message about/to Travis.

4/19- through May 9, the killer wages a near non-stop campaign to get Travis to visit her MySpace page, texts him to open up that forwarded email she sent, that it isn't junk, gains access to his passwords.

On April 18 she tells him twice to include a sweet note in what he's sending her.

The 2nd text:

"definitely send me a sweet note- a handwritten note."

April 19, same day as an extended series of very annoyed texts sent to her by TA about her not sending him the photos he asked her to for his webpage (photos of Naps) in fact in tbe middle of those, she texts him:

"We need to redo the shaving scene. They aren't what I was going for. I'll make you look way better the next time!"

April 22. Texts him referring indirectly to the little red riding hood scenario. He says "deal. A forest activity ."

April 22. Texts her- i never leave you comments on your MySpace page. Her to him a few minutes later- change it. (He may have texted in between and text was deleted).

4/26. Texts him a webpage to go to: paint your reality.com. Tells him- this is for you.

(Bessie- can you please transfer this post to new thread? Still typing away on my phone to finish it up. Don't want the door to slam on me). :)

Thank you for sharing this video. It's amazing to witness how well Juan weaves in with his questions. JA doesn't see it coming. She sure tries to back pedal though--but , too late! I'm so thankful that Juan was the prosecutor in this case! It would have been awful if she had gotten away with murdering TA. She wouldn't have stopped killing either. She was probably planning a series of "Mormon" killings in Mesa to try to take suspicion off herself. That thing is pure evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks