Theories on what happened to Lindsey B.

These are notes, thinking with my fingers, and some of it I don't have a lot of confidence in myself. I was going to hold onto it until I thought I had something clearer, but it seems like maybe putting it out for everybody to poke at is a better idea.

I wonder if Lindsey had a crush on an older boy -- possibly the older brother of a friend, possibly somebody she knew from school or saw around town. He might have defended her from her brother at one point, so she thinks of him as a rescuer or defender. This guy might not have anything directly to do with her disappearance and he might or might not be a boyfriend.

Something happened at the water tower a few days before she disappeared that made her start to think her home situation is hopeless. It doesn't matter whether that was true factually speaking, but she thought it was. And the events Friday confirmed it -- in trouble at the store, in trouble with her mom, friction with family, disappointments with friends. So after the sleepover falls through, she heads home slowly, knowing she's probably going to be in trouble for the fight with her brother, just because she always gets blamed. (Again, doesn't matter whether it's true, only that she feels that way.)

The older guys are still hanging out downtown. It's only 9, late but at this time of year it's still daylight. She heads that way hoping to see the guy she has a crush on. Maybe she left the bike behind the Shell station on purpose, so she'd have a chance to be where she was likely to see him. I get the feeling this guy is more connected to the 76 station and the video store, but maybe he's on his way home, too -- maybe he lives or works in the same area.

I don't think he's a lot older than her. He doesn't drive but he has a motorbike or ATV or maybe "borrows" somebody else's dirtbike or ATV for her so they can ride around together. People probably think he's older than he is. I'm kind of picturing one of the motocross/ATV racers, who look so grown up on the track and then turn out to be like 15 when they take their helmets off. He could be somebody she has met before because he comes to town regularly to race at the ORV park.

Anyway, they go out joy riding. I don't think they go by road -- for one thing, that's not where you take a vehicle like that, and for another, they probably don't want to be seen. If the area kids are into dirt bikes and ATVs, there are trails.

I'm not quite sure how she gets separated from him. Maybe he did something she didn't like and she ran, got a ride home with somebody she thought was safe (since she was 2 miles or more out of town with dark coming on). Maybe the boy's dad came to pick them up, dropped son and ATV off at the camp, gave her a ride home. Possibly the boy took her over to see his dad's big truck (I think it was a stomper event that weekend) and somebody else snagged her over there, maybe when she had to use the restroom. For some reason I suspect this kid's dad. Maybe it was the boy's dad who picked her up in the first place.

I think it's possible that somebody at the ORV park (or elsewhere) snagged her and is keeping her captive in an isolated building somewhere. There are literally dozens of unoccupied houses, farms, logging operations, shake mills, etc. within a few miles of McCleary.

Seems highly unlikely Lindsey was snatched as a crime of opportunity by a stranger. He would have to have been on a side street in a small town in daylight and made a almost instant decission to grab a very active girl, subdue her restrain her and get her into a car with no one seeing or hearing. Even if it was more than one person it would be a crime of high risk and the chances of both people staying quiet all the time is low. Far more likely her abductor was someone who had targeted her, very probably the parent of a girl friend where she had visited more than once. He most likely had confidentual conversations with her about her parents divorcing, had seen her in night wear and very likely a minimal amount of clothing. Very good possability his family was not at home that night, visiting out of area family would be likely. He saw her walking home and stopped to say hi, she told him of her problems with her brother and not being able to sleepover at her friends house. He told her his daughter woud love to have her spend the night and they could call from the house to let her mother know. The origional plan was not to kill her but to have a sexual uncounter that he thought she was going to be open to. When they didn't go to his house but headed somewhere else she began to panic, he reacted and in trying to subdue her and killed her, probably by choking or beating her head against the dash. Subdueing her while driving would be difficult so probably they were on a side road and moving at a slow speed. I would look at all her teachers and parents of anyone she had spent the night with. It would be someone in good physical shape with a excellent knowledge of the country around Mccleary. Lindsey was almost 100 pounds, it would take a fit man to carry a dead body somewhere remote and bury her deep enough that she was not dug up by bear or coyote. I would expect he was in a truck that could go in rough country and he would have had to have a shovel already in his vehicle. Just my opinion of the most likely chain of events. I don't see any of the POI's mentioned previously to be probable at this time.

i think a man w/ a gun drove up beside her, said get in or die, she went, left the town, county, state and that was it. this case really makes me sad.

Hey people how is everyone ..Iam looking for some help when this happened as you can prolly recall there was alot of these kind of things going on .It seemed like every time you turned on HLN thier was another abduction so i have to be totally honest i have heard of lyndsey but thats about it. So what iam hoping you can maybe help me with is give me some links like to if thier is a utube video of lyndsey or maybe her abduction was caught on tape ..did Dateline or 48 hours do a storry on her or how about disappeared or vanished . so if anyof you have any links to places like that i would love to find out if you dont mind sharing them with me ...does she have her own website that her parents keep uptodate ..Ill check back in a bit and hopefully

Hey people how is everyone ..Iam looking for some help when this happened as you can prolly recall there was alot of these kind of things going on .It seemed like every time you turned on HLN thier was another abduction so i have to be totally honest i have heard of lyndsey but thats about it. So what iam hoping you can maybe help me with is give me some links like to if thier is a utube video of lyndsey or maybe her abduction was caught on tape ..did Dateline or 48 hours do a storry on her or how about disappeared or vanished . so if anyof you have any links to places like that i would love to find out if you dont mind sharing them with me ...does she have her own website that her parents keep uptodate ..Ill check back in a bit and hopefully

If you have the time read this thread for the info you are looking for. There is also a website www.findlindseybaum.com for more information.

I guess I'll start.
I truly believe Lindsey was taken by someone she knew. I believe she got into a car with that someone for a possible ride home or so she thought. I also think it is possible she decided to go to another friends house to see if " they " could spend the night or vica versa. I think it is someone related to someone she knows. So far I can't pinpoint anyone of interest until we hear a little more from LE, and do a little more diggin.
LE has put out an explanation as to why it was possible the dogs could not pick up her scent anywhere I think they stated the extreme heat would cause this to happen.
So this leaves a handful of theories for sure.
I am sure I will be back at sometime to update , change my mind...

Here is a secluded cabin, 8 miles from McCleary and loosely connected to LB.
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/Images/Assessor/Parcels/170509410030A99.jpg

Previously owned by MM, friend of MB and the owner of Elma Dollar Store LB worked at, and the one paying cell phone bills for LB.

http://apps.ecy.wa.gov/welllog/imag...torecdate=&township=&wria_nm=&recordgroup=253

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/gh_parcel/Search/DetailParcel.asp?SrchParcelNo=043000300202

Now owned by MM's boyfriend, known as Kittylicker, Markkittylicker, and Markthekittylicker on their social websites, looking for "kitties' to play adult games in their cabin.

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/gh_parcel/Search/DetailParcel.asp?SrchParcelNo=170509410030

Maybe this 5 acres could be looked at closer?

So what do we know about the new photos/vids of the two girls at 'Mike's Market'?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Investigators-seek-2-women-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139031194.html

A comment below another article about it says these 2 girls are local and have nothing to do with Lindsey's disappearance.

Ok so I didn't read this carefully the first time. So TH told LE he was not in town on the night Lindsey disappeared, but this video shows he was in town and LE wants these two women who talked to him on the video tape to come in and talk to them confirming it was in fact him on the video that night. Hmmm. Something stinks big time. I'm sure there have been others who have spoken with LE to confirm they also saw him that night, right?

I should have posted the last 3 posts in the general thread. Oops.

I think she was abducted by a local from the roadside, I don't think the person who done this would have gone to that gas station straight after/before they kidnapped her. Maybe someone that did go to that store did she something but I doubt it. My opinion is that they killed her and she is buried maybe in woodland in McClearly. I really doubt she is alive :( hope they find her though, and bring this monster to justice!

I think she was abducted by a local from the roadside, I don't think the person who done this would have gone to that gas station straight after/before they kidnapped her. Maybe someone that did go to that store did she something but I doubt it. My opinion is that they killed her and she is buried maybe in woodland in McClearly. I really doubt she is alive :( hope they find her though, and bring this monster to justice!

Or maybe they were at the station and "honestly just don't remember being there."

For Searchers:

MAP
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/46....,-123.358327,16371m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

If Lindsey were picked up on her way home by a familiar face, someone with knowledge of the area and the inner workings of fire and rescue...a possible scenario;

The perp may have insisted that she accept a ride home do to the late hour then made an excuse to Lindsey for going further down Mommsen St. toward his house and from there an excuse for needing to rush out of town ..possible a bogus emergency call.

Perp would know that eventually it would be dark and Lindsey would be reported missing.
He calculates the time and figures he has at least an hour before a 911 call is made.

-He drives 25 to 30 min from town into Capitol St Forest.

-Time is limited and therefore location options are limited. The "A Line" route over the "B Line" because of the possible traffic along "B Line" due to the campground.
Navigable side trails off "A Line" are possible depending on the vehicle used.

-Perp has a location by 10:00 -10:10 and carries out intent. Possible motives....physical attraction, pay-back for something that may have been stolen, maybe perp has heard bogus rumors that leads him to believe Lindsey is promiscuous. The depraved mind has little in the way of boundaries when creating a convenient delusion.

-By 10:50 when the missing report comes across radio perp begins concealing evidence.
-11:30 perp heads back to McCleary ...later states that he had joined the search early on in order to explain away any witness sightings of him returning home.
-12:00 am perp returns to his home where he continues to get rid of evidence; shower, laundry, and vehicle check.
-12:50 am throws clothes in dryer and heads out to search..finds Lindsey's mom and gives her a ride to search. Now any hair evidence missed in the perps earlier vehicle sweep can be explained away if need be.
Someone might ask Ms. Baum if the person that helped her search appeared as if they had just showered.

My theory is that the perp has revisited Lindsey's remains to further conceal them but she is imo somewhere in that forest.

Maybe Lindsey was brainwashed to think she is someone else. Maybe she has a deceased girl's birth certificate and uses that girl's name, and identity, as she may have a driver's license now....in another state.

Have they ever looked into the motorist/neighbor who supposedly saw her walking along the path to her house? If she was buried in the woodlands wouldn't they have found her already? If she is deceased I find it more likely she was thrown in the trash or the ocean at this point. McCleary is a small town so I'm hoping Law Enforcement is still working on the case, I just don't understand where she could be at this point.

Is there any kind of a biker gang presence in that area? A club? Bars or taverns (it was a Friday night after all)? Any groups that thought of themselves as real vampires? Anyone with newly poured back patios?

I have been super curious about newly poured concrete. I want to look at permits for this time frame.

I like your timeline and theory. How long have you been looking at this case?

For Searchers:

MAP
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/46....,-123.358327,16371m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

If Lindsey were picked up on her way home by a familiar face, someone with knowledge of the area and the inner workings of fire and rescue...a possible scenario;

The perp may have insisted that she accept a ride home do to the late hour then made an excuse to Lindsey for going further down Mommsen St. toward his house and from there an excuse for needing to rush out of town ..possible a bogus emergency call.

Perp would know that eventually it would be dark and Lindsey would be reported missing.
He calculates the time and figures he has at least an hour before a 911 call is made.

-He drives 25 to 30 min from town into Capitol St Forest.

-Time is limited and therefore location options are limited. The "A Line" route over the "B Line" because of the possible traffic along "B Line" due to the campground.
Navigable side trails off "A Line" are possible depending on the vehicle used.

-Perp has a location by 10:00 -10:10 and carries out intent. Possible motives....physical attraction, pay-back for something that may have been stolen, maybe perp has heard bogus rumors that leads him to believe Lindsey is promiscuous. The depraved mind has little in the way of boundaries when creating a convenient delusion.

-By 10:50 when the missing report comes across radio perp begins concealing evidence.
-11:30 perp heads back to McCleary ...later states that he had joined the search early on in order to explain away any witness sightings of him returning home.
-12:00 am perp returns to his home where he continues to get rid of evidence; shower, laundry, and vehicle check.
-12:50 am throws clothes in dryer and heads out to search..finds Lindsey's mom and gives her a ride to search. Now any hair evidence missed in the perps earlier vehicle sweep can be explained away if need be.
Someone might ask Ms. Baum if the person that helped her search appeared as if they had just showered.

My theory is that the perp has revisited Lindsey's remains to further conceal them but she is imo somewhere in that forest.

I like your timeline and theory. How long have you been looking at this case?

I got to thinking, I know that can be scarrysometimes but I have found it rather interesting that some of the younger generation are involved with some sort of groups and start at a young age whether or not it is involved with basketball, skateboarding cheerleading. Some even follow music groups and become what they call juggalo's. Maybe some without realizing that they are getting involved into a group because at first they think it is kind of cool, they like the music. I have noticed that quite a few myspace's I have looked at have these little figures with a man with hatchet which is insignia for the Jugaloos or have mention of the jugalo's in them. Found it interesting that in gray's harbor and thurston harbor as well as many other areas there are different type of Gangs. I was very suprised to see how many they where and more suprise that these Juggalo's are considered to be part of a gang for many of the young at heart.

http://www.nwgangs.com/25101.html

Could have Lindsey been around a group of people, through friends, internet or just wandering the town been involved with a small click of people example such as skateboarders or someone that enjoys racing working on cars, which is also affiliated with a larger organized groups such as the juggalo's. Just some thoughts that where crossing my mind.

Juggalo's are fans of the group Insane Clown Posse; and are loosely, if at all, organized. While some people have called them a hate gang (FBI anyone?) I was involved with the group for many years doing nothing other than listening to their music. Also, the FBI has called many groups hate gangs without knowledge of what they really are. I was involved in the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) from early on (1978), it is a group that recreates the middle ages, etc.

The FBI had a file on them as the Society for Creative Anarchism and saw them as a hate group. Just sayin....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back