LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember not all drivers that are DUI are completely wasted. 2-3 beers buys you legally over the limit but for many people I know, they are not intoxicated at that point. Also, not all DUI is alcohol. Functioning drug addicts on RX drugs could have been thinking/acting normal buy knew if LE did a blood or urine drug screen, they would have charges.

Or it could be as simple as someone texting or talking on their cell.....and not paying close attention to their driving. Arguing with a beau or spouse, etc.

okay, but how did THAT truck (the one we no longer care about) go from going past Mickey (not saying at the same time) and then ending up driving down towards I-10. Hadn't it already missed the turn (would have been a left turn like in front of MS if she was still waiting there) to be headed toward I-10?

We don't know the answer to that one, how it got to I 10 from that location, it just somehow did. Could have made a circle somewhere, why, who knows, but that truck has been cleared.

Does anyone have good photoshopping/editing programs? My computer's abilities are limited to cropping and rotating an image...the back window looks strange to me when I look at it--like it's not an extended cab truck or like there's a toolbox. Are we looking for a standard cab or an extended?

First time to post on this particular case...

But, it appears to be an extended cab. When a truck typically is an 'extended cab' usually it is considered a short bed truck. Because in order to accommodate the 'extended cab', some of the truck bed is taken away. I did find these 2 pictures of newer model Z71 (which is actually a particular style of Silverado). One is of a 2007 w/ Silver bumper and the other is a 2011 w/ white bumper. Very similar, but the 2011 has a little more 'bump outs' around the fenders, etc.

Attachments

• z71 2011 white bumper.jpeg
    z71 2011 white bumper.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2007 z71 chrome bumper.jpg
    2007 z71 chrome bumper.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 33
Hello, Gapstow, and welcome to the Shunick threads.

Now the truck buffs need to come forward.

I have NO clue about new vehicles, but I bet a lot of locals here do.

Has there been any discussion or info released about the year range of the Z71?

Can anyone her help narrow it down? Has LE?

As an aside, your user name makes me hungry for chicken fried rice.

It took awhile to click in my head, but I kind of like that angle that somebody mentioned about the oil workers coming and going at all hours.

I'd like to think that LE would work this angle, somehow get a list of employee vehicles from all of the companies (not just oil) in the area that employee out of town folks.

It would take some footwork on the part of LE, but surely interviewing workers and supervisors would have somebody saying, "Oh yeah, he drives that type of truck."

There are thousands of oilfield companies in and immediately around Lafayette, LA. Based on my own personal knowledge, I can easily name 10 that use Chevy's as official company vehicles. That would be a major task. Also, specific vehicles are rarely assigned to a specific person. It's grab whatever truck is at the shop on your way to the job type thing in a lot of oilfield companies.

Hi everyone! First time posting, but have been lurking for about a year now since Lauren Spierer went missing.

So, I'm having a hard time figuring out where the bike was actually located. I know it was stated that it was not thrown from the bridge, but drove down to the location it was found. Could someone please verify the location of the bike? The reason I ask is because there are 2 traffic cams I found online, one facing east and one facing west at I 10 and exit 127 with clear shots of I 10 and the ramps. I was just thinking, if the bike was located near the ramps, wouldn't the police have video of a vehicle driving down there or at least capture something during that time on the bridge?

:welcome5:

:wagon:

But, it appears to be an extended cab. When a truck typically is an 'extended cab' usually it is considered a short bed truck. Because in order to accommodate the 'extended cab', some of the truck bed is taken away. I did find these 2 pictures of newer model Z71 (which is actually a particular style of Silverado). One is of a 2007 w/ Silver bumper and the other is a 2011 w/ white bumper. Very similar, but the 2011 has a little more 'bump outs' around the fenders, etc.

What is confusing me the most is that in the pic, I can't really see the white outline surrounding the back window...so I was thinking it was maybe a truck like this, but with a toolbox or rack or something on the back:
chevrolet_silverado-2500-hd-regular-cab_2012_photos_Truck_Exterior_1-Front-White.jpg

All in all, I think it's a Silverado...the z71 is just an added package, right?

So is the Z71 in the pic on St. Landry a 4 door or 2 door extended cab? I can't tell. I feel like that would help.

okay, but how did THAT truck (the one we no longer care about) go from going past Mickey (not saying at the same time) and then ending up driving down towards I-10. Hadn't it already missed the turn (would have been a left turn like in front of MS if she was still waiting there) to be headed toward I-10?

In the picture that truck is in the left turning lane of St. Landry going the opposite direction of Mickey, shortly after she passed. Presumably, he then turned left onto University Ave. where he was captured by the second camera. I don't understand the confusion.

Can you clarify what you're asking here?

We don't know the answer to that one, how it got to I 10 from that location, it just somehow did. Could have made a circle somewhere, why, who knows, but that truck has been cleared.

That truck was first spotted turning onto University, no? And then later spotted going down University towards I-10. Or was the University pic taken first? I thought the truck was spotted turning onto University (in turn lane) at 1:48 and on University at 1:51?

Volunteer searches will resume at 8am tomorrow morning at Blackam Coliseum. We hope everyone has taken a chance to back away from the situation and collect their thoughts, strength, and energy. We cannot express enough thanks to everyone who has and will continue to volunteer and donate their time and energy to help bring one of our favorite people home. We hope the break gave you the strength you need to continue the search efforts to bring Mickey back to Lafayette. Any and all updates about volunteer efforts will be found here. We love you guys and we hope you know that.

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member