George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember, was the step-mother sitting in court yesterday next to the mom?

I know. IMO that "correction" not only didn't unring the bell....it rang the bell again only louder
IMO

There is not a whole lot of proof to back GZ statement up. Yes, he remembers the location, he remember certain details, but he's not consistent. I think he is elaborating his story. How can someone in his position, studying the law, taking self defense classes not be able to fight back? He acts like he's the victim here. NO ONE saw, or at least didn't come forward, the whole thing, everyone got bits and pieces. The jury, and us, are left trying to fill in the blanks.

He really is, if you look over all the statements. AS a rule the same thing happens over and over in his events of that night..

I think that there may be a few things here or there but they are not key points to me.
Whether or not there were people that saw it or not, HE THOUGHT THERE WERE AND GAVE A STATEMENT OF TRUTH BASED ON THE FACT THAT HE THOUGHT PEOPLE SAW THE WHOLE THING...

That fits for me.

OMO

I am sorry, i haven't followed this case before the trail. This officer was demoted? Why?

Back in June of 2012 the lead detective in the Trayvon Martin case, Christopher Serino, was reassigned from lead detective to the patrol unit...after being a detective for 12+ years.

Sounds like the judge is going to strike the evidence regarding Zimmermans "telling the truth". ThE prosecution has been out lawyered this entire trial and they know it.

AS for being "out lawyered," the prosecution couldn't prove guilt if Vincent Bugliosi was the lead prosecutor. The facts or lack thereof show there is no case.

I know. IMO that "correction" not only didn't unring the bell....it rang the bell again only louder
IMO

I agree. Maybe the juror's didn't catch it during the testimony, but it was pointed out to them today.

JMO

He really is, if you look over all the statements. AS a rule the same thing happens over and over in his events of that night..

I think that there may be a few things here or there but they are not key points to me.
Whether or not there were people that saw it or not, HE THOUGHT THERE WERE AND GAVE A STATEMENT OF TRUTH BASED ON THE FACT THAT HE THOUGHT PEOPLE SAW THE WHOLE THING...

That fits for me.

OMO

It was dark out, GZ knew it was dark out, in fact it was so dark he claims he didn't see TM's getting ready to punch him, so how could witnesses see details in the dark? IMO :) GZ even said he got on top of TM right after he shot him and spread out his hands, well, TM was found with his hand, or hands under him, not spread out. He is consistent, but the evidence didn't prove that :twocents:

AS for being "out lawyered," the prosecution couldn't prove guilt if Vincent Bugliosi was the lead prosecutor. The facts or lack thereof show there is no case.

in your opinion....

the facts are clear, they do not support Zimmerman's story but of course we can all interpret them as we please

What would really stand out to me as a juror was GZ's reaction to the (untrue) statement by the detective that the incident was all caught on tape - What did he say? "Thank God!!!"

It was dark out, GZ knew it was dark out, in fact it was so dark he claims he didn't see TM's getting ready to punch him, so how could witnesses see details in the dark? IMO :) GZ even said he got on top of TM right after he shot him and spread out his hands, well, TM was found with his hand, or hands under him, not spread out. He is consistent, but the evidence didn't prove that :twocents:

But he does not know that. He has no idea if people are out there watching or the police are there or what. That lends to credibility because he did not even know TM was dead immediately. He was not intent on killing him. Just stopping him. He gave statements knowing the people could have been watching..
To me that speaks loudly for a truthful statement.

OMO

Ill will and spite in "georges words". Is the state going to have a good day today?

Please Remember to add, "In My Opinion" or IMO to your posts that do not state an absolute fact.

Thank YOu

" Did he say he was happy his neighborhood was being burglarized??? "

What the heck kind of question was that???

Who is happy that they are being burglarized???

This is just ridiculous.. OMO

This is MY opinion only!! this is the only place I feel safe to post my opinion without getting yelled at.

I have watched hundreds if not thousands of trials in the last 14years as a court observer/gawker only. I have never looked at the evidence of a trial and believed so wholeheartedly someone was being railroaded in my life.

I feel if the media had not mislead the public on soooo many things with honest to God lies, this would not be at trial. Add in the actual President of the damn united states getting in on it based on the media coverage and you have what we see here, a railroading of a man that was attacked and fought back.

Some may call him a vigilante, wanna be cop because he was a neighborhood watch guy. Well let me tell you. I was raised my ENTIRE life as part of the neighborhood watch. My father, my grandfather, my uncles and cousins (we lived in the country) and every man that worked for my father were part of our neighborhood watch. Not one of these men were "wanna be cops". In fact, the police took them on ride a longs often and taught them what to do as part of the neighborhood watch. The police helped set it up. My father, family and men that worked for us my whole life along with many many other men in our area felt it their duty to keep us safe. Not one night they went on patrol did they go looking to hurt anyone. That is NOT what neighborhood watch is! If they saw someone acting suspicious, they followed them and called the cops. EXACTLY as GZ did. They were armed and fully prepared to defend themselves. You are patroling for criminals in your area and NOT armed? you would be an idiot, IMOO.

There is a neighborhood watch around where I work. I work in a residential area of older people with a huge housing project 2-3 blocks away. These older people have been tied up and beat in robbery after robbery. How do I know? I have taken care of every one of them that SURVIVED at our facility because they trust us as we are in their neighborhood. They finally decided to protect and defend themselves and have started a neighborhood watch. If they see one of their neighbors being attacked or if they are attacked themselves, they are now going to try to defend themselves. They are armed as well. Are they vigilantes?

From what I understand, there had been robberies in their private, gated community. you are on neighborhood watch, you see a man in a hoodie walking slowly in the rain looking at homes, you follow them and call the cops. IMO, exactly what GZ did.

I see no evidence to support a manslaughter case let alone a second degree murder conviction. I am just blown away at so many people I have watched trials with, agreed with AND disagreed with that have let themselves be led by a media determined to turn this into a racial issue and by lying, altering tapes, all for ratings, while an innocent man in railroaded.

Do I think he is innocent. Double hell yes! Do I think he will be convicted? absolutely. This poor man is being railraoded. and were I on this jury I would be terrified to find him innocent despite the fact that the entire prosecution's case, IMO, has supported a self defense claim. I would find him innocent, dont' doubt it, but I would be terrifed.

Thanks for letting me vent and tell my opinions without attacking me.

Ill will and spite in "georges words". Is the state going to have a good day today?

IMO, the day will probably end as past days have...with the defense turning the prosecution's witnesses in their favor.

"Police were there within minutes of the shooting.. yes? "

That is more to back up to me he was expecting the police and so was going to be forthright and honest about what happened. HE knew they are minutes away if not there already.

There is not a whole lot of proof to back GZ statement up. Yes, he remembers the location, he remember certain details, but he's not consistent. I think he is elaborating his story. How can someone in his position, studying the law, taking self defense classes not be able to fight back? He acts like he's the victim here. NO ONE saw, or at least didn't come forward, the whole thing, everyone got bits and pieces. The jury, and us, are left trying to fill in the blanks.

Which adds up to reasonable doubt and a verdict of Not Guilty.

As for GZ being "not consistent, this is another indication he's telling the truth. A liar tells his story the same way every time. A truthful person telling the same story over and over will have a few "inconsistencies."

"******ing punks": Prosecution got Serrino to admit that that statement shows ill will.

Which adds up to reasonable doubt and a verdict of Not Guilty.

As for GZ being "not consistent, this is another indication he's telling the truth. A liar tells his story the same way every time. A truthful person telling the same story over and over will have a few "inconsistencies."

YES! This is not JA's,
" I WAS NOT THERE"
Turned to
" THE NINJAS DID IT"
Turned to
" I DID IT BUT HE MADE ME DO IT."

This is all the same story with different little details.. I think some of his answers he just assumed some things from his perspective at the time. He was not lying but just thinking it though based on the facts HE KNEW to be true..

OMO

Even the state sided talking heads thinks the state is in trouble getting a conviction now. Yesterday was a very good day for the defense.

Good morning, Sleuths, and rabblerousers! :seeya:

I think this is pretty much over for the prosecution. The evidence is too strong. It was clearly self-defense, and yesterday's witnesses were not shy about expressing their opinions which exonerate George Zimmerman.

I think even Trayvon's parents, bless their hearts and his soul, are sadly realizing that their son was in the wrong, that he attacked GZ because he didn't like George's actions in trying to make sure TM wasn't into doing any criminal mischief.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member