FAQs

Do you think adding a FAQ section to CKIA is a good idea?

• YES

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Yes, and I'll help you come up with questions!

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I really don't care, but I'm reading your thread anyway.

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • NO

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • What's CKIA?

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • CKIA = clevelandkidnappings.com

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Great question, thanks! Regarding the witness issue, I *think* you may be referring to the Poindexter brothers, Eric and Brian. We added an interview with Eric on our website (you can watch it HERE). Preliminary thoughts on Eric's story: Assuming he's telling the truth, it was probably not Gina. He said that the "little girl" was wearing tight black pants and a gray puffy jacket..........but Gina was wearing blue jeans and a white jacket. I'm trying to find out more information about the license plate (it's not helping that I'm reading about two different plates). We'll definitely add it to the FAQ page and link you when we're done =)

Thanks again!

Greetings, I actually got the info from this very site, here's a link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6561"]OH - Gina DeJesus, 14, Cleveland, 2 April 2004 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This one has, what I'm assuming to be a classmate of Gina's mentioning she saw her getting into a car with someone on, it's the 7th post, but the 5th post has something slightly similar. It states that other kids have seen the car as well before.

I saw the Poindexter video, I'm not quite sure they were at the right spot (there's an America's most wanted video which shows her last spot, according to blood hounds sniffing here sent here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wKqB9Xzsrg), I don't think that's the same spot that's in the Poindexter video (although they aren't standing right next to it, so I can't tell). Actually I just checked it out on Googlemaps and it appears Poindexter's spot is not the same as the one on America's most wanted.

According to post number 5 the car's description was "The man is described as Hispanic, driving a light-colored, older-model compact car with a license plate that includes the letters SMS" - I'm wondering if this was actually the car?

Interestingly, these were amongst the very earliest clues in the first week, but as the weeks turned into months and months turned into years this topic was not brought up further from what I can see. Perhaps they didn't think the testimony of the kids was strong enough?

Greetings, I actually got the info from this very site, here's a link:

OH - Gina DeJesus, 14, Cleveland, 2 April 2004 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This one has, what I'm assuming to be a classmate of Gina's mentioning she saw her getting into a car with someone on, it's the 7th post, but the 5th post has something slightly similar. It states that other kids have seen the car as well before.

I saw the Poindexter video, I'm not quite sure they were at the right spot (there's an America's most wanted video which shows her last spot, according to blood hounds sniffing here sent here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wKqB9Xzsrg), I don't think that's the same spot that's in the Poindexter video (although they aren't standing right next to it, so I can't tell). Actually I just checked it out on Googlemaps and it appears Poindexter's spot is not the same as the one on America's most wanted.

According to post number 5 the car's description was "The man is described as Hispanic, driving a light-colored, older-model compact car with a license plate that includes the letters SMS" - I'm wondering if this was actually the car?

Interestingly, these were amongst the very earliest clues in the first week, but as the weeks turned into months and months turned into years this topic was not brought up further from what I can see. Perhaps they didn't think the testimony of the kids was strong enough?

I personally discredited the brothers' story based solely on the fact that Gina was not wearing the clothes that they described... though I have no reason not to believe that they're making it up. I just don't think it was Gina that they saw.

Thank you for posting the link. I haven't read that thread lately, but if I remember correctly, it says the license plate had "SMS" in it. I've also read that the license plate was "ELLIOTC"... hmm... I will definitely have to do some digging re: Castro's license plates!!

Where was the Poindexter brother in the video? Interesting about the locations. Good sleuthing! =)

I personally discredited the brothers' story based solely on the fact that Gina was not wearing the clothes that they described... though I have no reason not to believe that they're making it up. I just don't think it was Gina that they saw.

Thank you for posting the link. I haven't read that thread lately, but if I remember correctly, it says the license plate had "SMS" in it. I've also read that the license plate was "ELLIOTC"... hmm... I will definitely have to do some digging re: Castro's license plates!!

Where was the Poindexter brother in the video? Interesting about the locations. Good sleuthing! =)

I tried to do a bit of digging too - from what I've seen Castro had at least a few years before gotten in trouble for switching up the license plates on some of his vehicles (perhaps in preparation for a kidnapping?) and I know at the time of his arrest he had quite a few vehicles - may be trickier to find out this info than I originally thought.

That may lead to another question for the FAQ: "Were there any other victims besides the 3 ladies and the daughter?" No evidence suggests this from what I've seen beyond Michelle Knight mentioning something, which Ariel Castro could've mentioned for a ploy. It does make me curious though, as it seems quite plausible that he did other similar acts and didn't wait until he turned 41 to start kidnapping.

Gina's kidnapping from everything I've seen was at West 105th and Lorain in Cleveland - in the video the man mentions that it was on West 105th and a street called Fidelity (which is about 4 blocks down - really not that close to where the dogs lost her trail). But yeah, the clothing description definitely did not match up anyway.

That's because the page hasn't been published yet. We'll let you guys know when it will be open to the public.

"One of the FAQ we addressed is "who runs the site" =)"

This is so confusing to me. :blushing:

"One of the FAQ we addressed is "who runs the site" =)"

This is so confusing to me. :blushing:

Aww, lol, sorry =( In an earlier post you asked who ran the website, so I was saying that your question would be included in the FAQ page. I am one of the people who runs the site ;)

It is now available, by the way. www.clevelandkidnappings.com/faq

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back