Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
YMliUGq.jpg

Nicole Lovell was 13

Missing 13-Year-Old Girl Found Dead; Virginia Tech Student Charged With Murder
Posted 8:49 PM, January 30, 2016, by CNN Wire

A Virginia Tech freshman was charged with murder Saturday night after the body of a 13-year-old girl who disappeared from her home was found in North Carolina, said police in Blacksburg, Virginia.

Nicole Madison Lovell was last seen between 7 p.m. and midnight on Wednesday, police said...

The family was extremely worried because Lovell required daily prescription medication for a liver transplant and didn’t carry the medicine with her, police said.

The search ended Saturday afternoon when Lovell’s body was found about 100 miles away from home, Blacksburg police Chief Anthony Wilson said at a press briefing.

David E. Eisenhauer, 18, of Columbia, Maryland, was already in custody. He was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with felony abduction in the case, police said. Police said they acted on tips and social media to identify Eisenhauer

Second Virginia Tech student arrested in death of 13-year-old Nicole Lovell
Posted 9:55 pm, January 30, 2016, by Web Staff, Updated at 02:29pm, January 31, 2016

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- A second Virginia Tech student has been arrested by Blacksburg Police in connection to the abduction and murder of 13-year-old Nicole Lovell, who went missing from her home in Blacksburg on January 27.

Police arrested 19-year-old Natalie M. Keepers and charged her with one felony count of improper disposal of a dead body and one misdemeanor count of accessory after the fact in the commission of a felony. Keepers is a student at Virginia Tech from Laurel, Maryland.

Thread #1
Thread #2

This was a post I typed in the previous thread and would not post, kept getting your message is too short message. Please excuse the Caps as it was to let my reply show while still showing previous very long post. In addition there have been comments about Laurel as far as what type of area it is. Laurel has a huge range of areas. Part of Laurel has been marketed recently as Maple Lawn so the area isn't associated with the "bad" name of Laurel. There is Route 1 Laurel that is sketchy and then Laurel where many live that is actually nice and the "main street area" is quite nice. CAPS TO SHOW MY POST: HE MOVED TO COLUMBIA, MD (YOUR DESCRIPTION IS APT) IN I BELIEVE HIS JUNIOR YEAR. I LIVE IN THE MD/DC AREA AND COLUMBIA IS AFFLUENT BUT IT DOES HAVE IT'S ISSUES EVEN THOUGH THE THOUGHT OF A PLANNED COMMUNITY IS WELL DONE HERE. (IT WAS PLANNED BY ACTOR ED NORTON'S GRANDFATHER, MR. ROUSE). GOOGLE MT. HEBRON HIGH SCHOOL (NOT IN COLUMBIA BUT IN THE SAME COUNTY) TO SEE SOME OF THE ISSUES IN THE AREA.

Regarding the friend of Nicole's reporting an inappropriate relationship to the resource officer. I certainly do believe this child (as evidenced by her facebook post calling Nicole out on this), but have a hard time believing a resource officer wouldn't respond to this. Wouldn't this be "child abuse" and he is a mandated reporter?

Her mother saw these same pictures. Even commented on a topless boy's picture asking who he was?

Bringing my last post from previous thread over:

Where is the crime scene I wonder?

Iirc it was said that she was killed on the university grounds. I assume NK must have told them that yet not told them exactly where? Because I have seen no reports about a section or room being taped off and forensic evidence being gathered.

Or maybe she was killed in the car while it was parked at campus? In which case the car would have been towed. No reports about that either.

Did they clean up so well after the stabbing that LE are not able to find the crime scene?

Or did I overlook something?

I agree with Bessie's post on the last thread about naming the 13yo friend of Nicole's in the WP article. If I was her parent, I'd be screaming until they removed it. She was easily found on FB as one of Nicole's friends. She doesn't need her name out in public. They easily could've said "a 13 yo classmate of Nicole Lovell" without anything else. It doesn't add to the story at all. Children need to be protected!!!! If this entire case doesn't prove that, nothing will.

Iirc it was said that she was killed on the university grounds. I assume NK must have told them that yet not told them exactly where? Because I have seen no reports about a section or room being taped off and forensic evidence being gathered.

Or maybe she was killed in the car while it was parked at campus? In which case the car would have been towed. No reports about that either.

Did they clean up so well after the stabbing that LE are not able to find the crime scene?

If the murder took place on campus perhaps something was seen on security cameras? Whether it be the whole crime, parked car, them putting the body in the car I would assume VT would have multiple security cameras covering that campus.

I agree with Bessie's post on the last thread about naming the 13yo friend of Nicole's in the WP article. If I was her parent, I'd be screaming until they removed it. She was easily found on FB as one of Nicole's friends. She doesn't need her name out in public. They easily could've said "a 13 yo classmate of Nicole Lovell" without anything else. It doesn't add to the story at all. Children need to be protected!!!! If this entire case doesn't prove that, nothing will.

An adult resource officer had recieved prior knowledge that Nicole had inappropriate relationships with adult men on social media

Her friend stood up and said something and she was ingnored. I don't think she should be ignored by the rest of us.

What are you seeing as a potential danger to her saying who she is and what she did?

I would be proud of my child. I see no threat to the girl here. I feel she deserves respect for trying to help.

Also, keeping her anonymous would just make it easier for the school to avoid the whole issue.

An adult resource officer had recieved prior knowledge that Nicole had inappropriate relationships with adult men on social media

Her friend stood up and said something and she was ingnored. I don't think she should be ignored by the rest of us.

What are you seeing as a potential danger to her saying who she is and what she did?

I would be proud of my child. I see no threat to the girl here. I feel she deserves respect for trying to help.

Also, keeping her anonymous would just make it easier for the school to avoid the whole issue.

I agree it's a great thing the friend did. Absolutely did the right thing. However, it took me 30 secs to find her online. I'm a nice, safe person. I saw her post to Nicole in December about her concern about the older boy/man. Then I moved on.

How many creeps are there who found her as well and now will be trying to friend her, find her, etc. As a parent, I wouldn't want my child's information out there when they can be found on social media.

This is what is most puzzling to me. No reports of any cars being seized, but I don't know if that is because VA is asking media to keep quiet on that while the investigation is ongoing?

Forgive me, but there was another poster from thread 2 that was extremely familiar with the area that said you would not need a car, but could walk from NL's apartment to DE's dorm. Perhaps they met somewhere inbetween on foot?

I agree it's a great thing the friend did. Absolutely did the right thing. However, it took me 30 secs to find her online. I'm a nice, safe person. I saw her post to Nicole in December about her concern about the older boy/man. Then I moved on.

How many creeps are there who found her as well and now will be trying to friend her, find her, etc. As a parent, I wouldn't want my child's information out there when they can be found on social media.

"Creeps" don't need a news report to find a kid. In fact she's probably safer than she was before. She just proved she's not an easy target. Perps like lonely isolated kids. Not national heros.

This is what is most puzzling to me. No reports of any cars being seized, but I don't know if that is because VA is asking media to keep quiet on that while the investigation is ongoing?

Forgive me, but there was another poster from thread 2 that was extremely familiar with the area that said you would not need a car, but could walk from NL's apartment to DE's dorm. Perhaps they met somewhere inbetween on foot?

I am from the area as well, and I would say that the distance from her home to the middle of campus would be a 2-3 mile walk so it could be plausible that she could of at least walked to the campus and met up with DE somewhere there or met in between. I would assume they would have someone's car in police custody though as they had to have some form or transportation to drive to North Carolina to get rid of her body which is at least 1.5 hours away from campus.

After all this, I can't believe this child would still be allowed on social media.
Must be I'm from a different era.

The picture of NK that you guys think is creepy, is her sister. Her FB is a perfectly normal teen girl FB. I think that's what is so troubling - no matter how hard we try, we can't find something that pointed to this, something that separated her from every other teen we know "in real life." We don't know anything about her, except what is on SM. Nothing about this makes sense, and until we know why, likely at trial, it's not going to.

From the campus to lantern ridge is 1.5 miles- I googled it to see how far it was. So def within walking distance.

If Nicole did take her blanket then it's quite possible she was sitting/laying on it at the time of the attack so they might not be much evidence at the scene.

As for motive, my wife speculated two things that make sense. One: as somebody else posted, Nicole was talking too much and DE was scared. Two: possible pregnancy? Of course there's nothing to back up the second one but we see that motive in wife murders a lot.

Then there's the NK mugshot. If it is a cut, it could certainly help her case. She could claim DE cut her to force her to help dispose of the body.

From the campus to lantern ridge is 1.5 miles- I googled it to see how far it was. So def within walking distance.

Would a girl walk that after midnight? Would DE risk walking it with a young girl after midnight?

News stories said police were diving at the pond beside the vet school. By road, it's 2.5 miles from Lantern Ridge. Duck Pond is about 3 miles.

According to the ex-reporter, Nicole had previously met guys at Wendy's on South Main which is 0.6 miles from home. Also Nellie's Cave Park which is essentially next door.

I found 2 articles online, one was her mom detailing her medical history. It said she only had a 1% Chance of survival when she was born with a disease that required a liver transplant at age 10 months. Then at age 4 she had nonhonkids lymphoma. Then she had some sort of acute respiratory illness. Very hard life for a child

The article on abc news today talks to the perps friends. It cites one of his teammates who wrote a Facebook post to him wondering what possibly could have happened because no one could see this coming.

Article also noted that his family is well off recently buying a 620,000 house in MD

Ok. There are several parks around the apartments she lived in. The few times as a teenager I "snuck out" it was always to the park in my neighborhood.
In line with my theory on her blanket-- she threw the blanket over her shoulders to walk to one of the parks close to her. There are three within a stone throw.
Also- there is access to the trolly and buses that she can ride- if they were running at that time and with snow. Maybe they got in the car and left-? Walked back to campus? I'm at a loss.
image.jpg

It was reported that her blanket was missing, but was it recovered? So little information.

Could that evening be the first NL meetup with DE, and DE discovered then that she was a little girl and rejected her. NL couldn't handle another rejection and storm off alone on foot and was abducted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong