Found Deceased FL - Lane Graves, 2, Walt Disney World, 14 June 2016 #2

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Child dragged under water by gator in Disney World: Deputies
d26aae29-a144-422a-aba7-c8b55a4e3117-large16x9_Googlemaps.PNG

[video=twitter;742914868832043008]https://twitter.com/CBS12/status/742914868832043008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/video]
http://abc3340.com/news/local/child-dragged-under-water-by-gator-in-disney-world-deputies

So tragic. Sending prayers to the entire Graves family.

Thanks for the map, really shows the locations. Wow that's a huge lagoon!

Im not sure where the 1st thread left off but I saw in the article posted and online there are now warning signs & a fence up. The good from this will be awareness & prevention of future accidents. IMO

We have been to Disney 6 times. Stayed on site and never saw a gator. Thank Goodness! My heart goes out to the family.

Sent from my SCH-I545

https://www.google.com/amp/elitedai...video/1529023/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon#

The video of the employee backing an alligator away at Splash Mountain apparently comes from 2009. Other videos surfaced showing what appears to be Disney park visitors feeding alligators.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I watched that video, it was really scary that the gator was in the park, and how close to the ride it was, and how ineffectual the employee was trying to swat it away with a long pool cleaning pipe. The people on the ride were totally oblivious!

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Pa...et-up-foundation-in-his-memory-383717191.html

Matt and Melissa Graves, Lane's parents have set up a foundation for people to send donations to. 100% of the donations will go to charities and will be given in memory of Lane. I'm in awe of these parents that in their time of unimaginable grief they are doing something so selfless and giving back to so many. My heart ABSOLUTELY breaks for them, but I think this truly shows the character of these people who have lost so much, but in their time of grief are giving back.

I have read so many negative comments in social media attacking them for going after Disney, I hope this will put to rest some of the negative comments. I do believe that Disney will offer them some sort of financial "compensation" (although, let's be honest, there is no amount of money that can compensate them for their loss) I really don't, and have felt from the beginning, that these people are not going to "go after" Disney, and I think if they do it will be geared towards some of the steps Disney is already taking in more notification and more safety precaution for their guests.

ETA: I've not actually read ANYTHING that even remotely hints at them "going after" Disney, I think it's assumptions that people are jumping to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Pa...et-up-foundation-in-his-memory-383717191.html

Matt and Melissa Graves, Lane's parents have set up a foundation for people to send donations to. 100% of the donations will go to charities and will be given in memory of Lane. I'm in awe of these parents that in their time of unimaginable grief they are doing something so selfless and giving back to so many. My heart ABSOLUTELY breaks for them, but I think this truly shows the character of these people who have lost so much, but in their time of grief are giving back.

I have read so many negative comments in social media attacking them for going after Disney, I hope this will put to rest some of the negative comments. I do believe that Disney will offer them some sort of financial "compensation" (although, let's be honest, there is no amount of money that can compensate them for their loss) I really don't, and have felt from the beginning, that these people are not going to "go after" Disney, and I think if they do it will be geared towards some of the steps Disney is already taking in more notification and more safety precaution for their guests.

ETA: I've not actually read ANYTHING that even remotely hints at them "going after" Disney, I think it's assumptions that people are jumping to...

What I read, Disney will make them and anyone that was on the beach an offer of money to settle.

i don't want to hear the 911 calls. I made the mistake of listening to the 911 call in the case of CHP office Mark Saylor's family in San Diego, when the accelerator got stuck and they were heard screaming and crashing and they all died. Never again.

I have to say this has been an eery week for Disney. I'm a Disney travel agent and this week things have been different. Usually we get updates from Disney every few days if not more than that but with everything going on it was more than a week before one was sent out. You could just feel that they were reeling with what happened and had bigger things to worry about. It was just weird being on this side

I have to say this has been an eery week for Disney. I'm a Disney travel agent and this week things have been different. Usually we get updates from Disney every few days if not more than that but with everything going on it was more than a week before one was sent out. You could just feel that they were reeling with what happened and had bigger things to worry about. It was just weird being on this side

I can't imagine how everyone with Disney is feeling after this tragedy. From what I've read they're very devastated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back