Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a long time reader here, first time poster. A couple of things that have been bugging me.

JA claims that TA broke her finger and that he even made a splint for it with popsicle sticks. If this was true, and she had her finger in the splint, wouldn't her finger be permanently straight and unable to bend, instead of permanently bent and unable to straighten out?

JA has stated many times that she was monogamous but I seem to recall that when she testified about previous boyfriends, (can't remember if it was Victor or Matt or ???) that Nurmi asked her if they broke up because he cheated on her and she said "we both cheated". Does anyone else remember this?

And finally, about the whole sex tape thing, she has now testified that she lied on the tape because she thought her responses would please TA. How do we know that TA didn't lie about his fantasies because she was so into all the kinky stuff? I actually think that the tape sounded very juvenile and I agree with a previous poster that TA seemed less experienced than JA, kinda like a kid with a new toy. The most embarrassing thing about the sex tape was the singing! Make it stop!

the whole popsicle stick thing is a bunch of malarkey for the reason you gave---a splint would hold the finger straight. also, why not go to a doctor for your broken finger? they hurt like hell and every move you make is painful. so why not get that thing treated ASAP?

the reason, of course, is she injured it when she killed him. will there be anyone who testifies to that finger being injured prior to the murder? i don't think so.

as for the tape, in my mind, that backfires on her. she sounds confident, seductive, she's leading him on, and clearly setting him up. in no way did it sound like she was just going along with her 'abusive' BF.

Agreed - Texas has a very active death chamber and Darlie Routier has been on Death Row for 17 years. Appeals, appeals, possible new evidence, appeals, etc

I have heard that keeping someone in prison for life is far less expensive than a death penalty conviction given the number of appeals, it is in the multi millions. I know somewhere there is a chart with examples.

I'm sorry, I know it sounded like I'm dangling a carrot in my prior post, just didn't know if I was able to link this site....although they DID say they DIRECTLY talked with him ("exclusive interview").....AND, they DO pay for stories....and I DO mean "stories"....

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...er-trial-death-penalty-not-truth-says-friend/

Isn't the DP decided by the DA and not the prosecutor on the case? Juan has an established reputation for aggressively presenting the State's case so why would Jodi be any different????

Then, again, I suppose if they had found Gus with his throat cut when she stayed with him in the mobile home in Las Vegas for a couple of days he would feel differently. Why would he care if she was "nothing" to him? He would want justice for Travis. I think if I were his attorney I'd be telling him to shut up. Jodi borrowed his phone and I think if she could have linked the death to Gus, she would have. And since Gus did not like Travis (probably because Travis saw him for what he was), I believe it's possible that is why Jodi went to stay with Gus when Travis planned a special dinner. I think this plan to kill him was in the works way before a couple of weeks before his death. I told you when it comes to sex men turn "goofy". jmo

The 15 Most Bizarre Moments From The [JA] Trial (So Far)
By David Lohr

Slide 15: "I had issues with Travis [but] I had worse issues with other people and they're all still alive," Arias told police.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/18/jodi-arias-timeline-bizarre-statements_n_2696874.html

I wonder who was on her list? :shocked2:With whom did she have "worse issues"? :hills:

IMO, this kind of validates what I said about JA trying to make herself be seen as a savior from the abusing pedophile. She judged him unworthy to live in order to save the WORLD. I'm, not degreed or certified to make a diagnosis. Just an observation.

Frankly, it's very disconcerting to hear Dr THs give personality diagnosis of someone they've never met and only from a court appearanceor meeting them briefly in an hour log court ordered session. In testimony, JA is only going to give the appearance of whatever will save her from the DP. Any professional diagnosis can only be given after extensively delving into the person IN PERSON.

In my unauthorized, not degreed opinion JA knew what she was doing.

I'm still 100% against judicially mandated death penalty.

Does anyone know if there is a detailed timeline anywhere? The big picture is getting blurred by all her detail! It would be really nice to see all key dates and facts laid out on a page or two.

:giggle:

Gus is certainly one to talk about too much drama. JMO

That Judge was desperately seeking any loophole she could jump through to let these murderers off death row. The MOST hideous part of it was that when they were sentenced there was no life WITHOUT parole in AZ. So her letting them off Death Row meant they got to get life WITH parole in 25 years. Seeing it was about 20 years since they'd been sentenced, they could have gone straight from Death Row to up for parole in 5 years which is what their attorneys were arguing for.

That propelled me to drive down to Florence and give my first Victim Impact statement which you can read here:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/07/retarded_german_killer_rudi_ap.php

She did rule his sentences consecutive (they are both convicted of felony murder AND conspiracy to commit murder) after that hearing which surprised me honestly. Our attorney told me he felt it was that statement and the fact that I even showed up giving a s*** that called her out and just maybe had an impact on her to rule in that way. SHe took him off death row but didn't set society up for the possibility of him being free to murder again in 5 years.

Katie, I am so appalled at what has happened to your family and the pain that has been inflicted on you by these murderers and even worse, this judge! I don't know how she can sleep at night.

I read your impact statement and it was just amazing. To have been through everything you have been put through by these monsters is just unimaginable. Your statement was incredible and so touching, you have such a way with words.

her alleged broken/crooked finger (that no medical professional has ever examined or x rayed is just silly to me. When you attack and kill someone in what looks to be one of the most brutal murders of the decade, and you are left handed and used a variety of weapons, gun and knife and left him in shambles stuffed in the shower, it's no wonder you suffered a jammed finger on your LEFT hand. He suffered 29 stab wounds and a gunshot to the head.

It is my opinion only, I happen to think she is faking the bent finger and that was a silly thing to claim.

s-JODI-ARIAS-FINGER-large300.jpg

I really hope from here on in Gus is denied a platform to spew his nonsense. His 15 minutes has been over extended. Bye bye Gus :seeya:

Hi everybody ~
I am new here, and forgive me if this post is in the wrong place.
I have been wanting to see if anyone esle has noticed that during the sex tape, Jodi and Travis start talking about movies. It's right around the 0:50:13 mark, to 0:52:04 Travis says I'm actually not a fan of action movies and then says he DOES NOT like spiderman. Then Jodi's starts talking about how she liked it because of the love story and how 2 people were friends, and then enemies, and then they became best friends, but HE DIED and something about the mending of their frienship never happened...(ironic) But my main point is he said he did not like spiderman a couple of times. This is a sex tape~ IF HE HAD of really sent her spiderman undies that he made her wear during sex there would have been a reference right then and there about the underware!! Neither said a word about them. I hope the defense caught that !!

Also that VERY day the sex tape was played, and Jodi was crying and needed to compose herself...That was the day her SISTER showed up in the courtroom, and Jodi knew she had called her sister stupid and dumb in it. The next day Jodi made sure her attorney CLEARED that up for the court first thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/jodi-arias-travis-alexander-sex-tape_n_2673013.html

Sorry this so long, I just wanted to get that all out.

I see Jodi's broken finger as just another attempt at manipulating the evidence into what she needs it to be.

Instead of the more likely 'injured when she brutally slaughtered Travis scenario' she can twist it into abuse - which largely goes unreported and sometimes even untreated, generally due to fear (the very thing Jodi keeps shying away from stating) - and the DV defense 'expert' can follow Jodi's testimony with that fact.

I predict the same thing will happen with their sexual history and Jodi's allegations of Travis' pedophilia. There is very often a level of humiliation, degradation, coercion, and disregard sexually in abusive relationships. (Because the abuser views the victim as nothing more than a possession, an object he/she is entitled to control.) This is another DV fact that will be twisted and manipulated to fit Jodi's defense.

:giggle:

Gus is certainly one to talk about too much drama. JMO

How true. For someone who has nothing to contribute to the case he sure is trying to fabricate evidence that just does not seem to be there. I'm surprised LegalShield puts up with it. Obviously if they lose business it will affect his bottom line. jmo

I see Jodi's broken finger as just another attempt at manipulating the evidence into what she needs it to be.

Instead of the more likely injured when she was brutally slaughtered scenario she can twist it into abuse - which largely goes unreported and sometimes even untreated, generally due to fear (the very thing Jodi keeps shying away from stating) - and the DV defense 'expert' can follow Jodi's testimony with that fact.

I predict the same thing will happen with their sexual history and Jodi's allegations of Travis' pedophilia. There is very often a level of humiliation, degradation, coercion, and disregard in abusive relationships. (Because the abuser views the victim as nothing more than a possession, an object he/she is entitled to control.) This is another DV fact that will be twisted and manipulated to fit Jodi's defense.

If there's anything that really points to Jodi being a psychopath, it's this brazen, shameless lying about things that can so easily be disproven by her previous statements. No fear and no shame or feelings of guilt, anxiety or embarrassment in anticipation of being caught in a huge lie.

Hi everybody ~
I have been wanting to see if anyone esle has noticed that during the sex tape, Jodi and Travis start talking about movies. It's right around the 0:50:13 mark, to 0:52:04 Travis says I'm actually not a fan of action movies and then says he DOES NOT like spiderman. Then Jodi's starts talking about how she liked it because of the love story and how 2 people were friends, and then enemies, and then they became best friends, but HE DIED and something about the mending of their frienship never happened...(ironic) But my main point is he said he did not like spiderman a couple of times. This is a sex tape~ IF HE HAD of really sent her spiderman undies that he made her wear during sex there would have been a reference right then and there about the underware!! Neither said a word about them. I hope the defense caught that !!

Also that VERY day the sex tape was played, and Jodi was crying and needed to compose herself...That was the day her SISTER showed up in the courtroom, and Jodi knew she had called her sister stupid and dumb in it. The next day Jodi made sure her attorney CLEARED that up for the court first thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/jodi-arias-travis-alexander-sex-tape_n_2673013.html

I noticed that also, and where I was pretty certain the spiderman underwear incident did not happen, I was really sure after listening to that.

Call me strange but if my boyfriend ever gave me kids spiderman underwear and wanted me to try them on, the only thing that I would be thinking is "OMG I love this man! He actually thinks my butt is this small I can fit into these?"

Dmacky
Welcome to Websleuths! Very good observations and good points.

Hi everybody ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member