Found Alive The girl with the purple bell bottoms

Also, the buttons on her shirt are on the right and go thru holes on the left side of her shirt. I think women's shirts have buttons on the left and go thru holes on the right. All my shirts have buttons on the right. Can any women comment on this?

I wouldn't put too much stock in which side the buttons are on for the shirt. I suspect very strongly it is an old shirt from some years prior to the seventies, that she has converted to being a midriff shirt by chopping off some length and turning the trimmings into a band. It could have been a shirt that belonged to a male relative and had been grown out of or something picked up cheaply secondhand.

I graduated in 1973 and I can tell you that I wore the same type of bell bottoms and we'd wear a wide belt. We called them hip huggers. Jeans with buttons were a big thing. As a matter of fact, my favorite pair of jeans were purple. We also wore the short shirts like that. In high school, the principal had to ban the short shirts. I look at some of these girls and it's like seeing myself back in the early 70's. I had the long straight hair all one length, including the bangs.

Yes, IMO, this picture was taken prior to 1974. My df had friends that where flower children/hippies that lived in some apartments near us and they dressed like this. 75-and on came the levi boot cut era which where wide on the bottom but not as wide as the bell bottoms.

BTW, thanks for starting these sub threads it really helps.

Alcala was released from jail in late 1974. The T-Bird is a '73 or '74 so, if Alcala took the picture, it had to be after that.

I agree that the girl's look looks very highly planned and that the look of the clothes is earlier rather than later 70s... the UID was found in April '76 wearing very similar clothes though, so depending on what they were, we know that someone at least had that look until then.

I agree that the photo is probably not much later than '76 but I don't see a date of '76 as a problem.

Here is the side-by-side.
Peri Merrill-Ruiz

2928389840045078242S425x425Q85.jpg

Glad to see there's one less victim out of these pics. That clip said she was not quite 50, so she was probably born later this year in 1960. She says she was probably 12, 13 or 14, but can't be sure which. That would make that picture taken in 72, 73 or 74. Problem is Alcala was incarcerated then at least until Aug 4, 74. So she couldn't have been 12 or 13, but 14, and it was taken right after he got out of prison in 74 sometime. (Am I doing this math right?) Just trying to narrow down the time frame.

Wow. Is it me or are the noses different? Maybe she had a nose job later?

Glad to see there's one less victim out of these pics. That clip said she was not quite 50, so she was probably born later this year in 1960. She says she was probably 12, 13 or 14, but can't be sure which. That would make that picture taken in 72, 73 or 74. Problem is Alcala was incarcerated then at least until Aug 4, 74. So she couldn't have been 12 or 13, but 14, and it was taken right after he got out of prison in 74 sometime. (Am I doing this math right?) Just trying to narrow down the time frame.

You're right with the math. He was convicted in March, 1972 for the attack on the 8-yr old and sent to prison. There was a window of time between his release on August 3, 1974 and his arrest again on October 13 or 16 (I've seen two different dates) in HB with the 13-yr old. That's when the photo was probably taken. I'm assuming he wouldn't have been eligible for bail in October, but who knows, since in 1979 a Riverside judge granted him bail after the rape of the 15-year old and he went on to kill at least two other people before his final arrest for the Samsoe murder.

This woman, who was around 14 at the time, should consider herself VERY lucky she didn't end up as one of his victims.

She doesn't remember the picture being taken. Wow.

I can't even imagine what she (or any others) would feel if/when they see themselves in this man's collection of photos. "Wow" seems like an understatement.

The video says she lived in North Hollywood and spent time in Palm Springs area.

When the reporter said that Ruiz is one of nine women had identified themselves so far, mostly in posed photos, they show three other Alcala photos (the wire fence girl, the peach top girl and the nude shoulders blonde in front of window). You reckon it was just a reporter's choice or are those among the identified?

You got this first. I wanted my 1st post of identified the mystery picture #200 as Peri Ruiz with that link I found from yesterday afternoon. But I has to wait for the site to activate me before I could post this. I'm glad it's one less victim. :)

So exciting. Wish we knew all of the nine!

On the bright side, we know of 4 of the nine. The two Danish women, this woman and the woman in the white dress with the gold cross. I wish we knew about the others as well but perhaps LE doesn't see fit to publish the information without their express consent.

On the bright side, we know of 4 of the nine. The two Danish women, this woman and the woman in the white dress with the gold cross. I wish we knew about the others as well but perhaps LE doesn't see fit to publish the information without their express consent.

True. I read that one of the women was molested by Alcala but the statute of limitations has expired. She likely would not want her photo identified.

She's just about my age...i even had a pair of jeans like that! but she's much cuter than i was at that age!
I am pretty sure most of those people will be found alive...the guy was obviously a pervert and voyeur who liked taking pictures of pretty girls, and probably seemed unthreatening because he was attractive. She's right, we were so much more naive in those days, even though it was not long after Charles Manson.

When I found this yesterday I was pretty confident that the doe and the girl in the pic are the same. I am not so sure about the doe being Wilma. At first glance they look simular but the cowlick and the who face/jaw structure is different. Nose is different to. Girl in pic has short bridge from eyes to tip of nose and Wilma's is longer.

It would be great to find out who she really is....case #587UFCA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong