Daytona Beach, I-4, Central Florida Media Thread NO DISCUSSION

Off topic, but possibly relevant

Fla. sheriffs join forces to create cold case team
The team will be tasked with helping agencies shake the dust off some of their oldest and most frustrating cases
1 September 2015 6:00 AM
By Elizabeth Behrman
Tampa Tribune

TAMPA, Fla. — When a bill that would have created a state task force dedicated to solving cold cases failed in committee earlier this year, sheriffs across Florida decided to strike out on their own.

The Florida Sheriffs Association, a not-for-profit corporation made up the state’s 67 sheriffs and thousands of Florida citizens, recently announced the formation of the Cold Case Review Team, which will be tasked with helping law enforcement agencies shake the dust off some of their oldest and most frustrating cases.

“The sheriffs felt strongly enough about this that they wanted to pick it up anyway and move forward with it,” said David Brand, the association’s law enforcement coordinator.

The team is led by Marion County Sheriff Chris Blair, Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell and Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey. It includes a medical examiner, a prosecutor, a DNA scientist, a polygraphist and experienced homicide detectives.

[...]
USF’s anthropology lab already provides resources for law enforcement agencies that include facial reconstructions and other forensic analysis, she said. Almost 10 years ago, the university launched the Tampa Bay Cold Case Project, which works to help give names and faces to unidentified remains and apply new investigative technology to local cold cases.

There are more than 500 unsolved cases, most of them homicides, in West-Central Florida, Kimmerle said. No agency tracks how many there are across the state, but her team estimates there are thousands.

(more at the link)

New as of 11/28/16:

https://flaglerlive.com/102224/remains-varn-park/

"For the third time since August, authorities in Flagler County have been led to what they believe to be human remains in the 3800 block of North Oceanshore Boulevard north of Beverly Beach."

“We are still in the early stages of this investigation and additional information will follow,” Jim Troiano, the sheriff’s office’s chief spokesman, said around 5 p.m."

Jim Troiano, the sheriff’s office’s chief spokesman, also appeared to have stated, “This find does not appear related to the recent discovery of human remains located in the southern part of Flagler County last week.”

All three sets of remains discovered since August, 2016, were located within or closer than 25 miles from and with direct routes to the Daytona Beach area. Reportedly, none of the remains have been id's yet. A connection to the one woman's remains that Josh and Rachel think is still a mystery? I wouldn't rule it out until more info is revealed. For that matter, I'm not ready to discount the possibility that all three remains are connected even though the spokesman noted it therein until I have additional info.

I was just there Friday and Saturday on vacation. I didn't see the news, but wow, how did I miss that???

Strange for sure, hope it is just natural deaths, (homeless) or unrelated to a serial killer.

http://jacksonville.com/news/2016-11-28/human-remains-found-flagler-beach-sand-dune
Will keep checking for more info re: COD and if remains are male/female and approx age.
We visit this area regularly as there is a great RV park (Gamble Rogers State Park) right on the ocean side. No one is allowed to walk on the dunes from Flagler Beach through Ormond Beach which is the town next to (south of) Flagler Beach. There are wooden walkways with steps along the beach periodically so a body may be hard to spot esp if buried.

And more human remains were discovered in Flagler County in the dunes just off of A1A today according to Central Florida News 13.

attachment.php

More bodies found just as this disturbing Daytona Beach-based (1870 Mason Ave) race team returns from a 10 year hiatus. Raabe Racing just moved from the area of Iwana Patton's 2005 death to a garage just to the north of LPGA Blvd in Bunnell FL. Still qoinq with the catch phrase "ARC DeHooker - Don't get caught without one!"

It seems as if the #73 ARC DeHooker team quietly died off and morphed into the #64 Gunselman Motorsports team. Gunselman Motorsports was also plagued by the mysterious death of two Virginia Tech students after the team missed the 2009 Sharpie 500. The driver of ARC DeHooker was none other than Eric McClure, of nearby Abingdon VA:

http://tybaltus.blogspot.com/2009/07/raabe-racing-enterprises-rre-73-arc.html

Attachments

• ARCdeHooker73Daytona.jpg
    ARCdeHooker73Daytona.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 100
Okay now you sparked my interest, as I'm not only a country music finatic but I'm a NASCAR finatic,and I thought I was the only one going down this road,wow,ur so on to it,freaky eh??

This info is pertaining to the body found near the subdivision in Ormond Beach and not the body discovered in the dunes:

"Mandy Ciehanoski, 31, went missing in February 2011 and her ex-boyfriend, Michael Annicchiarico, pleaded no contest to her murder in 2014. Her body was never found, but a recent discovery in southern Flagler County has Volusia deputies hoping they've finally discovered her remains."

(Snipped)

"Volunteers working to clean up beach debris found the remains just north of Varn Park on Monday morning. Sheriff’s Office crime scene investigators, along with Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators, worked to excavate the body and sift through the site Tuesday. Troiano said the body likely would not have been discovered without the hurricane battering the shoreline last month.

In an unrelated incident, a hunter in Volusia County also found what appeared to be human bones Friday night near Ormond Beach. Volusia deputies are investigating that finding. Also, bones determined to be at least 150 years old were discovered at a construction site in The Hammock in August."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...mond-may-be-those-of-woman-missing-since-2011

What a surprise as I have been following the series about the serial killer because I was a resident of Daytona beach when these murders were taking place I was shocked to see my face appear across the screen!!! My husband and I were extremely close to the investigation and even appeared on the Nancy Grace show by her request to be interviewed as to what was happening. We were known as Beat the Streets 2006 because that's when we got involved...right after the second murder! We were constantly on the news and out on the streets day and night making people aware of their surroundings and telling people to pay attention to what they would normally look the other way from... Prostitutes, drug addicts, homeless people and just anyone alone! I would love to talk to the producers of that show because we hgad our hand on the pulse of the street, we were part of their crowd and have a few ideas who committed those murders!!!

Beatthestreets2006,

Welcome to Websleuths.

You are in luck. You can call and talk to the producers tomorrow during my Websleuths Blogtalk Radio show.

Click on this link for all the details.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...estions-LIVE-Tuesday-12-13-at-8-00-PM-Eastern

Since your new it's OK but in the future any "Media Thread" is for links to the media about the topic you are discussing. NO talking but it's OK.

Please email websleuthscomments@gmail.com to ask any more questions.

Hope you will call in tomorrow and talk to Josh and Rachel.

Tricia
What a surprise as I have been following the series about the serial killer because I was a resident of Daytona beach when these murders were taking place I was shocked to see my face appear across the screen!!! My husband and I were extremely close to the investigation and even appeared on the Nancy Grace show by her request to be interviewed as to what was happening. We were known as Beat the Streets 2006 because that's when we got involved...right after the second murder! We were constantly on the news and out on the streets day and night making people aware of their surroundings and telling people to pay attention to what they would normally look the other way from... Prostitutes, drug addicts, homeless people and just anyone alone! I would love to talk to the producers of that show because we hgad our hand on the pulse of the street, we were part of their crowd and have a few ideas who committed those murders!!!

Hi
I am new to this thread.
Can someone clarify if all the dead women and missing women in this area, orange county and valousia county, are high risk women involved in prostitution and drugs, or some of the victims also women with normal life?
IS someone can do a list of those women that
weren't high risk but avearge regular women ?

A string of similar murders in Daytona Beach has some people wondering if there is a serial killer on the loose. Three women have been killed since December.

A string of similar murders in Daytona Beach has some people wondering if there is a serial killer on the loose. Three women have been killed since December.
Are those women live high risk life like drugs or prostitutes ?

Hi all, having done some research on the case I do not think that there is a serial killer involved. All these women but one was drug users and connected to the local Outlaw Chapter. Having some history with outlaw clubs my theory has to be that one of the ladies were eliminated by a club member, also a prospect trying to "make his bones" by killing a familiar and two witnesses is also unlikely. prospects making their bones is usually by performing menial tasks around the club and small criminal activities...not murder. These women were taken out by a club soldier or captain, and the hit has to be sanctioned by the club at "church". So the person who murdered these women is a well known person in the outlaw club and the club knows exactly who did it. Now what about the victim who has absolutely nothing in common with the other three? She was simply way to take focus off of the club. Clubs like these are run with military precision and smart people with funding behind them, they know staging a crime scene to make it look like a serial killer on the loose takes all law enforcement focus off of them.

Hi all, having done some research on the case I do not think that there is a serial killer involved. All these women but one was drug users and connected to the local Outlaw Chapter. Having some history with outlaw clubs my theory has to be that one of the ladies were eliminated by a club member, also a prospect trying to "make his bones" by killing a familiar and two witnesses is also unlikely. prospects making their bones is usually by performing menial tasks around the club and small criminal activities...not murder. These women were taken out by a club soldier or captain, and the hit has to be sanctioned by the club at "church". So the person who murdered these women is a well known person in the outlaw club and the club knows exactly who did it. Now what about the victim who has absolutely nothing in common with the other three? She was simply way to take focus off of the club. Clubs like these are run with military precision and smart people with funding behind them, they know staging a crime scene to make it look like a serial killer on the loose takes all law enforcement focus off of them.

Outlaws have nothing to do with these murders. They fight men from rival gangs and have a code of honor they enforce. They dont kill innocent working women. .... A serial killer is confirmed by both local police and FBI. They believe he is a trucker or former cop and lives in Daytona area at least a few months per year. FBI ballistics have linked many other I-4 murders to same killer. He leaves almost 0 evidence except shell casings from the same gun and posses his victims to make sure they know hes struck again.

I come across this site while doing other case research. when I moved here 5yrs ago I was informed about the possible Daytona Beach serial killer. I keep pretty much to myself besides the occasional trip to the store, I walk cause it's not to far. The 1st yr here we came in late December that march an African American man with a passenger, I never got a look at the passenger the person never turned towards me just looked forward, pulled up beside me as I was walking home from the store he kept my pace as I walked, I'm a nervous person anyways 100lb girl I'm always scared, he said to me you get high I replied do what he said he had some pot I could get in take a ride and smoke . I said no I don't do that thanks though and started to fast walk I was 3houses away from my house when alproached. A week later the same thing happened to my boyfriend's mom and another nieghborhood lady. The next march same thing happened only I was already in my driveway when the same guy in a maroon car with a passenger same dialogue I ran to the front door. I don't walk by myself anymore and pretty much don't go outside my yard, but I always thought it would make sense that the girls went with the killer if 1of the killers were a woman the victim would think it was safe with another woman there. Just food for thought but it's something to consider

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back