Possible match Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez, 17, August 1 1987, Angelina County TX

Yeah, it doesn't look like Dunbar Intermediate still exists. http://lufkin.schoolfusion.us/modul...94&sessionid=dafbbb2e2ac330fde5443187ea228769

I'm not from the US - what grades would an intermediate school have been in the '80s?

I'm from the US. Intermediate schools are always called junior high or middle schools here, so that bit confused me about whether it was high school or not. They go from 6-8th or 7-8th grade. I'm still confused on why Classmates redirected me to Lufkin High from the Dunbar Intermediate link, which makes me wonder if it was actually a high school called Dunbar Intermediate and then renamed to Lufkin High, or something.

I'm from the US. Intermediate schools are always called junior high or middle schools here, so that bit confused me about whether it was high school or not. They go from 6-8th or 7-8th grade. I'm still confused on why Classmates redirected me to Lufkin High from the Dunbar Intermediate link, which makes me wonder if it was actually a high school called Dunbar Intermediate and then renamed to Lufkin High, or something.

Right. I assumed it was a middle school, but that was 100% assumption. Thanks for the info there. I do live in the US now and know how the current school system works (in my town anyway, haha) but the intermediate threw me off, especially when you said it redirected to Lufkin High. Odd.

Bedtime now for me but I'll be back tomorrow and Classmates will be the first stop. :eek:fftobed:

I think intermediate school is mostly a synonym for middle school, but sometimes it's intermediate between other levels. At least around here (New England).

I'll hit google tomorrow to see what I can find about the history of Dunbar and Lufkin schools. Meantime I'm :eek:fftobed: too. :eek:fftobed:

Just one final post - remembered it when closing my tabs -

Lufkin is about 2 hours northeast of Houston (where the class ring found with PB is from); and Manvel (where PB was found) is 30 minutes south of Houston.

So it's all in pretty close proximity. Will try to post a map for reference tomorrow too.

I just sent the people listed on Doe and NamUs as investigating Princess Blue's case an email about Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. Next I am going to send emails to the people listed as investigating Pearl's case.

I just sent the people listed on Doe and NamUs as investigating Princess Blue's case an email about Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. Next I am going to send emails to the people listed as investigating Pearl's case.

:tyou:

If you end up having the opportunity, see if the people working on Princess Blue have the sizes for the other rings she was wearing. The only size given was 9 1/2 for the class ring, but it has never been established which size(s) the other rings are.

Please note there is a slight discrepancy in the age listed for Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. I do not think it matters much, but wanted to point it out regardless.

NamUs has her listed as 17 years old, no date of birth.

Charley Project has her listed as 18 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

Texas Dept. of Public Safety (source for Charley Project) has her listed as 17 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

KLNM Television has her listed with a d.o.b. of February 1969 (02/1969) and age in 2014 as 'approximately 45'.

They all agree on August 1st 1987 being the last date Pearl was seen, with the exception of KLNM who lists she went missing during the 'later part of the year 1987'.

I think it's safe to assume Pearl was actually 18 when she went missing.

Just one final post - remembered it when closing my tabs -

Lufkin is about 2 hours northeast of Houston (where the class ring found with PB is from); and Manvel (where PB was found) is 30 minutes south of Houston.

So it's all in pretty close proximity. Will try to post a map for reference tomorrow too.

Wanted to add to this that Diboll, TX (where Pearl went missing from) is 15 minutes south of Lufkin on the US 59, the quickest and shortest route one would take from Lufkin to Houston.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but Classmates wants me to pay for signing up. Don't really feel like doing that. :(

Please note there is a slight discrepancy in the age listed for Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. I do not think it matters much, but wanted to point it out regardless.

NamUs has her listed as 17 years old, no date of birth.

Charley Project has her listed as 18 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

Texas Dept. of Public Safety (source for Charley Project) has her listed as 17 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

KLNM Television has her listed with a d.o.b. of February 1969 (02/1969) and age in 2014 as 'approximately 45'.

They all agree on August 1st 1987 being the last date Pearl was seen, with the exception of KLNM who lists she went missing during the 'later part of the year 1987'.

I think it's safe to assume Pearl was actually 18 when she went missing.

Yeah, that was confusing. It seems the most common DOB is 2/69.

I sent the email to the 3 contacts listed on PB's NamUs and Doe Network. And then it says it was sent back to me for 2 of them? Well, at least it sent to one of the contacts. I don't know why it sent back to me, I used the right contact information...

Hmm... Well hopefully you will hear back from the one... does it appear that the other two are outdated?

I'm having connectivity problems, been having them since yesterday but it didn't bother me much until I sat down this morning to get some stuff done. Slower than molasses. Might not be on here as much as I anticipated.

Still haven't found anything that is a total discrepancy with PB. Since her weight was mostly a guesstimate I'm not putting that much stock in it, and who knows how accurate Pearl's listed weight is anyway. Since they both have DNA on file, seems like that's the way to go.

I hope one of Pearl's daughters decides to Google her mom's name again and stumbles upon this thread and joins...

Hmm... Well hopefully you will hear back from the one... does it appear that the other two are outdated?

I'm having connectivity problems, been having them since yesterday but it didn't bother me much until I sat down this morning to get some stuff done. Slower than molasses. Might not be on here as much as I anticipated.

Still haven't found anything that is a total discrepancy with PB. Since her weight was mostly a guesstimate I'm not putting that much stock in it, and who knows how accurate Pearl's listed weight is anyway. Since they both have DNA on file, seems like that's the way to go.

I hope one of Pearl's daughters decides to Google her mom's name again and stumbles upon this thread and joins...

Yeah, I'll go ahead and guess the two email addresses are outdated. It's probably been a while since Princess' Doe page was updated.

Hopefully the one contact does answer.

It would be a great addition to have to WS if one of her daughters joined. On that note, I couldn't find a thread for Pearl here, so I'll make one in about an hour.

FWIW I also noticed it posted on Pearl's Facebook group that a report was not taken until 2013.

This could explain why she was not earlier identified, especially considering the DNA was just added to NamUs on 2.19.16, I believe (that's when Pearl's profile went up, anyhow).

Hi Springrain - just popping in to add my 2 cents. Many Hispanics such as Puerto Rican, Dominican, Panamanian have African ancestry and/or European ancestry mixed with the indigenous people of their land. For instance I know a man who is Puerto Rican, both parents born there, he did a 23&Me test and it shows he has 24% African heritage, the rest is a mix of Taino Indian, Spanish/Portuguese, and other European countries.

Pearl could have self identified as Hispanic/Latina but had multi-ethnic roots. Likewise, Princess Doe could have been Hispanic with distant African ancestry.

I think it seems possible Pearl has/had some AA blood too, carbuff. On Doe Network, it says of Princess Blue that "it is likely one parent or one grandparent was Black." So it is not inconceivable that she had Hispanic genes too, right? Or not? I know nothing about that kind of thing unfortunately.

OK--I got an email back from the NamUs contact today. It reads:

"Both individuals have DNA completed at the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification and entered into the FBI Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) with no associations."

Guess that rules Pearl out, then. I'm still going to make a thread here for her.

OK--I got an email back from the NamUs contact today. It reads:

"Both individuals have DNA completed at the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification and entered into the FBI Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) with no associations."

Guess that rules Pearl out, then. I'm still going to make a thread here for her.

Is that definitely what it means? (Asking because like I said - not from the US originally and not a native English speaker). If so, make sure to report it so Pearl can be added to the Ruled Out list.

I'll have to do dinner etc but I'll find Pearl's thread later tonight. Thanks, Springrain! I really bad want to find Pearl now....

(I did notice she was only added to NamUs on Feb 19th 2016, I thought that was rather late for a 2013 report).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back