GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really notice the muted dress code and hair and make-up dull down today when you look back at past court appearances.

Backs up your find. Blue has been a colour of choice.

Moo<modsnip>
Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
stunned at your skill uploading images..
this certainly tells a story in itself.
Noticed dailysnail shamelessly used her 'model' photograph in their weekend coverage! Incorrigible, but I check every word..

I hear (inaudible...people taking pictures of us all the time) then response "it's normal in this ...inaudible)

Moo

[video=twitter;887012803348840449]https://twitter.com/lexdispatch/status/887012803348840449[/video]

Mods- am I posting too much? dont want to be posting every tiny insignificant tweet .
[video=twitter;887009867281596416]https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII/status/887009867281596416[/video]

Mods- am I posting too much? dont want to be posting every tiny insignificant tweet .
[video=twitter;887009867281596416]https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII/status/887009867281596416[/video]
Hope not. I'd know nothing of Twitter reports if it wasn't for your posting &#128522;quicker feed for updates.

Hope not. I'd know nothing of Twitter reports if it wasn't for your posting &#62986;quicker feed for updates.

Theres no real info though.. They're just walking, not killing!
I am pretty surprised at amount of coverage its receiving.. we have been pretty starved for information and I hate taking it off media sources only...
Gimme court files and documents and I'm a lot happier and have something real to chew and sleuth.. this way am just having to check and double check reputations of sources etc.
But its just day 1. Coverage may not continue at this rate at all.
I remember following closely the charleston church murder trials and there were a handful of excellent journos live tweeting and doing tv interviews in between.. but everybody remarked that there was too little of it.
People were surprised.
was an extraordinarily quick verdict in Roof trial. The quickest ever I think..
But, public interest had waned considerably by then.

No sorry, I couldn't get it to play for me, have v poor internet, cant use a smartphone. and live in a forest.. its dire.

I am pretty surprised at amount of coverage its receiving.. we have been pretty starved for information and I hate taking it off media sources only...

This is probably because Irish media will report a crime, but then may not cover speculative details of cases yet to be adjudicated in Irish courts in case they prejudice the case. I'm not sure if this legality applies to court-cases outside of Ireland, but I suppose the same ethical argument would apply. Typically the Irish media kick into gear again during the court case so we will see a resurgence of reporting on court proceedings.

Is anyone else following Michael Hewlett on Twitter? https://twitter.com/mhewlettwsj?lang=en

It certainly gives insight as to why his editorials are so ropey!
No, occasionally glance there but he has little credibility, v few followers and a/c since 2010.
His reporting is biased so only time i RT him is to call him out on that. Small town, small mind.

I don't like that. Then the jury has no lesser charge if they cannot agree on 2nd degree.
Don't understand law at all, wondering does this mean they have strong evidence, more evidence? and that's why they are dropping it?

Sorry but I don't understand.

Don't understand law at all, wondering does this mean they have strong evidence, more evidence? and that's why they are dropping it?

Sorry but I don't understand.

I'd like to hear an explanation as well. It may mean the prosecution feels especially confidant. But remember they need all twelve jurors to agree on a verdict of guilty. Lesser charges are often the way to compromise.

I'd like to understand their strategy. But the prosecution cannot say much before trial. A NC prosecutor, Mike Nifong, was disbarred in 2007 in part for his public statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck