Jose Baez threatens legal action over DC's claims he swapped sex for represention

Help, I need more bleach...
Not enough bleach in my bleach to sanitize me or this mess. All it did was turn everything stark white.

I don't see Baez sueing DC. IMO he would have to convince Casey to testify that it didn't happen. She doesn't like to give depositions in her own court cases. I don't see her coming to his rescue. From just looking at other depositions in the bankruptcy case any deposition would ask more than just about the sex. Others that worked in the office, the Anthony's and others would all have to be deposed. I think when the case was over Baez burnt a lot of bridges and people are not going to be coming to his defense.
I think he will go on tv (he loves the camera) and do whatever he can to discredit DC, but I don't see a lawsuit happening.

DC alleged:

September 15, 2008: Laura Buchanan, who was one of Baez's bloggers, emailed George and Cindy's new attorney Mark Nejame, claiming she had heard disturbing things like "George was molesting Casey when she was younger and had started molesting Caylee."

Link to LB's emails and Texas Equusearch docs:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/Casey%20Anthony/buchanannejame2.pdf

Emails between Laura Buchanan and Jose Baez

http://www.mynews13.com/content/dam/news/static/cfnews13/Casey%20Anthony/buchanancontacts0128.pdf

WS discussion of documents:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...o-What-When-Where-We-already-know-why!/page39

Not clicking that link. I've been searching for a summary of it online though and so far, no one has reported on it.

I would bet that he blathers and blathers and blathers on and manages to say absolutely nothing the way he usually does. It's probably chock full of circular reasoning, non-answers to questions and finger pointing in the other direction in hopes of distracting people who are easily distracted.

It'll probably be up later, but it will be hilarious if it gets zero media attention.

So you won't view it, but you'll dismiss it? Okie dokey then ...

No big surprise here. I followed the Casey Anthony saga through the trial and always suspected that she and JB weren't just working on her "case" when he brought her to his office almost daily ;) Casey was usually wearing short shorts and tight tees and probably made it obvious to her attorney that she was "available". ;)

I watched it! Seems like ole Dominick struck a nerve. Oh please, please take this to court Jose. They can replay that little tape of Dominick poking around suburban and other areas with a stick before Caylee was found. This should be fun. Get Casey on the stand. Lol, it will give her another chance to wear her movie star hat and sunglasses. Bwaaahahahaha.

I watched it! Seems like ole Dominick struck a nerve. Oh please, please take this to court Jose. They can replay that little tape of Dominick poking around suburban and other areas with a stick before Caylee was found. This should be fun. Get Casey on the stand. Lol, it will give her another chance to wear her movie star hat and sunglasses. Bwaaahahahaha.

I would so love that!!! Not a way in heck bj would bring a lawsuit to the scrutiny of a court of law. Who would be there to defend him except someone waiting for a payoff?

why can't these morons just go away. NUTS

More like I was waiting to read a summary of what he said rather than actually LISTEN to him. His voice makes my skin crawl.

Ugh. Fine. I listened to his snide little softball interview (where the questions were most likely predetermined), but I still didn't look at him.

He denies everything. What a surprise. From the amount of name-calling he indulges in on national TV, the years have not matured him one bit

Yes, Dominic utilized psychics and came up with some out there stuff. I think that was why Cindy was so fond of him. His emails indicate that he was looking for a live Caylee and she loved that.

Let me point out the drug trafficker theory was an early theory and not any less crazy than anything else that was out there at the time. Let me also point out that the whole "drug trafficker theory" was also perpetuated by Casey and Cindy (who wanted desperately to believe that Caylee was alive)

At least DC never alleged during the trial that a total stranger came across Caylee's body, took it with him and kept it at his house for months and then ultimately failed to provide a shred of proof.

Then Baez snidely adds "if you have a serious question, after that, I'd love to hear it." The news reporter calls him an experienced attorney.

Reporter questions why he would hire someone that he hadn't researched carefully ahead of time. Since he has no choice, Baez graciously admits that this was partly his fault, whines that he didn't know DC was a "complete and total moron", says he brushed DC off and "created a rift between them."

Probably partly true, but DC was the one who terminated services with him first.

Reporter asks why DC would risk so much and risk his business. Baez snarks that DC doesn't have a business, claimed that DC worked for free the entire time (which I sincerely doubt.) Since part of DC's bar complaint involved Baez not paying him and he also brings it up in those emails that you keep referring people to.

Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:25 PM
To: dearmont@netzero.net
RE: Any news?
Luke, Thank you for your input, I will answer two (2) of the issues in your email and respond to the others a little later. 1) Baez has not paid us any money, we have received no money from anyone at all and have expended more than 600 hours on the case thus far, plus expenses, 2) The little Boy In Liverpool, I was born and raised in Blackpool just ten (10) north of Liverpool and am very familiar with the city . . . Dominic

~~~

Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:35 PM
To: dominic@dgator.com
Subject: RE: Any news?
Dominic - if Baez is not paying you - then you've got no obligation to abide by a confidentiality agreement - you can give notice of intent to withdraw from the agreement. Cripes, if you're doing this on your own dime then by all means get out from under him - I just assumed that your expenses were being paid at least! Unless money passes hands, you've got no obligation to continue supporting Baez. Just my 2-pence.
Luke

The second issue Casey brought before the Bar dealt with payment for his services. Baez advised the committee that he would review appropriate invoices and discuss them with the investigator.

https://itsamysterytome.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/florida-bar-clears-jose-baez-of-ethics-violations/

Why does he need to "review appropriate invoices regarding this complaint" if he's now saying that Dominic never asked to be paid?

It's hard to say for sure though. I'm certainly not taking Baez's word for it.

I wish I could see the actual contract between DC and JB.

Baez goes on to say that "Casey better pray to the god of wannabe punk private eyes that a US attorney in Tampa does not see these transcripts and decide to charge him with perjury."

Personally I don't think the US attorney in Tampa cares if he's willing to ignore all of Baez's unethical actions regarding this case. Oh and isn't the statute of limitations for perjury five years?

The person interviewing tries to talk, but Baez is still high on his soap box and interrupts her claiming "that's how much of a joke he is."

Interviewer repeats the allegation that Baez had told him that Casey had murdered Caylee and dumped her body. Baez brings up an earlier deposition when DC denied it. Calls DC a "delusional liar." He fails to mention the fact that despite Dominic's denials, a bar complaint was lodged against Baez alleging exactly that around the same time.

Baez is asked why DC was hired. Baez says he was flooded with calls and tips. Claims DC offered his help pro bono. Wraps the victim mantle back around him with a flourish and claims that unfortunately "he is paying for it today."

Oh and not just him, his family, his business, his employee's families. :tantrum: :shame:

Calls DC's accusations "serious, ridiculous and outrageous." Hypocrite. He should go reread his own book.

Or maybe these accusations would ring true and seem way more realistic if DC had just alleged that Casey had Baez's genitalia in her mouth every morning after she got dropped off at his office. After all, according to Baez, that would be routine for her.

Claims he will be doing something about it, pursuing it legally blah, blah, blah. I hope he drudges all this stuff back up and takes it to court. I seriously doubt that he will come out of it lily white.

One day he's going to put his foot so deep into his mouth that he won't be able to use it to skate.

I hope no one watches his pathetic interview.
I won't, but I do enjoy hearing about Baez whining about people lying and telling 'mistruths' about him. :happydance: The irony is rich! Oh, this 'legal action' he is threatening won't go anywhere. He's never going to sit for a deposition and be put in a position where he has to answer the questions, under oath. :laughing:

I thought this story was now thread worthy since it could wind up in court ...

[h=1]Attorney threatens lawsuit over claims he had sex with Casey Anthony, said she killed daughter[/h]Jose Baez, the Florida attorney who represented Casey Anthony in her 2011 murder trial, threatened to take legal action Wednesday over a private investigator's claims that the lawyer had sex with his client and said she killed her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/2...s-to-sue-over-claims-sex-daughters-death.html

Baez's response ...

attachment.php

An earlier article which includes Dominick Casey's more outrageous claims:

[h=1]Casey Anthony's lawyer admits she killed daughter Caylee, investigator says

"The investigator claimed attorney Jose Baez hired him days after police arrested the mom in July 2008. He said, "Baez had told me that Casey had murdered Caylee and dumped the body somewhere and, he needed all the help he could get to find the body before anyone else did."

"Dominic Casey claimed, in addition, that the defendant and her attorney were having sex because she couldn't pay him. "I arrived at Baez’s office unexpectedly one day and once again, witnessed a naked Casey. This time she ran from his private office, through the conference room to the hallway. That night I told her that she cannot allow him to continue engaging in this behavior. Casey told me she had to do what Jose said because she had no money for her defense."[/h]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/2...killed-daughter-caylee-investigator-says.html

BBM .. sounds legit ...

SO INSTEAD OF TAKING HER CASE PRO-BONO HE TOOK IT PRO BONER??? I know ....I know...rude and off color. I just couldn't resist.

SO INSTEAD OF TAKING HER CASE PRO-BONO HE TOOK IT PRO BONER??? I know ....I know...rude and off color. I just couldn't resist.
Well, it did take him 8 times to pass the bar, so I can see how he would get confused about the terminology. :laughing:

We all underestimated Baez and dismissed him as a joke during the trial, but he won the case and nobody saw that coming. Maybe he's not the lousy attorney everyone thinks he is. I for one hope he does sue and am looking forward to it.

Well, it did take him 8 times to pass the bar, so I can see how he would get confused about the terminology. :laughing:

I thought he had passed OK but the Florida bar would not license him for several years because of his unethical behavior.
Good luck to him trying to impress on a Jury that he is a fine upstanding citizen...
I don't believe 99% of what D Casey has said, but I'm not sure about this claim. WE saw their body language enough times to see they were on fairly 'intimate' terms. Whether push came to shove I don't know, but a lawsuit would be interesting!

We all underestimated Baez and dismissed him as a joke during the trial, but he won the case and nobody saw that coming. Maybe he's not the lousy attorney everyone thinks he is. I for one hope he does sue and am looking forward to it.

I disagree. I thought the case he presented was utter crap. It was full of gaping holes starting with exactly WHEN Caylee drowned and how her body got into the woods, why Casey's car smelled like death if George was the one who disposed of the body.

It was just as ridiculous as Dominic's emails.

If Dominic is to be believed, Baez actually used one of his crazy theories (that he is now mocking) to get Casey off.

Hmm... Maybe he did, since this appears to be DC's train of thought back in September 2008:

Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 3:46 PM
RE: Puerto Rico connections
Cannot say that I have kept track of George/Lee's movements but have observed how talkative Lee was in the beginning, now he is very subdued yet snappy at times.
George goes ballistic at the slightest thing . . . Caylee was born 8-9-2005, George filed for divorce 12-29-2005 and the filing was dismissed 11-28-2007.
The period between 11-28-2007 and June 16, 2008 appears to have been extremely dysfunctional within the family.
Bear in mind, George was the last to see both Casey and Caylee on June 16, 2008 when "both" are reported (by George) to have left the house at 1250 pm "as normal"; at 2:50 pm George states he left the house. At 3:03 pm, Casey called George's cell, he did not answer. Casey then made four (4) calls to Cindy: 4:10 pm Work, 4:11 pm Cell, 4:13 pm Cindy's Cell, 4:14 pm Cindy's work ... Luke, from the beginning I have had the horrible feeling that Casey left the house without Caylee. Here is the way it goes, George snaps and he "hides Caylee" at the house while Casey is getting ready, Casey comes from her room and asks were Caylee is, George tells Casey to get the hell out and stay out, she is an unfit mother and he will take care of Caylee. Now how does DNA get into Casey's car and Caylee relocated?
Dominic
~~~

Actually, going by these next couple of emails, Baez totally ripped off his defense from someone he calls a "complete and utter moron" and a couple of loopy psychics.

Sent: Monday, September 1, 2008 5:36 PM
To:: dominic@dgator.com
Subject: RE: Puerto Rico connections
Okay -I'm back from the swimming pool. It wouldn't be too difficult for George to plant the hair, since he was a former police officer, he probably would know how to do that - as for the "other" evidence - some bodily fluids could have been collected over time it this were planned well in advance - which I think is the case - you said Cindy's father is in a nursing home??
Did the "other" evidence have a DNA profile that matched Caylee?? What was the reason for the divorce filing? There was some speculation that George was Caylee's father – any thoughts?
Luke

Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 6:23 PM
RE: Puerto Rico connections
WOW! Okay, rather than being planned for some time more like brewing for some time and then "snap", yes Cindy's father is in a nursing home in Mount Dora, FL, as for "other" DNA profile matching, this information has not been released however John Allen once again today stated DNA places Caylee in the trunk of the car. Reason for divorce filing? Speculation is George had an affair however he was the Plaintiff. I suspect sexual abuse of Casey and that she may have seen her father "look" at Caylee in a similar manner that Casey recognized . . .
Dominic

IMO, We all overestimated the jury.

I think DC is being a revisionist historian when he says he came up with the 'drowning / abuse / coverup' scenario, and god knows why he'd want to? Maybe the court was stuck with a jury that weren't interested in current events (imagine that) because of the circus atmosphere leading up to trial. Maybe if there hadn't been such a trial by media there would have been a different outcome.

I always thought this was a very simple case. Mom kills baby, then disappears in fear of her parents more than police, is located and forced to admit missing daughter, lies then lawyers up and says nothing. State applies maximum pressure to no effect, then somehow overblows the prosecution and miraculously the girl is acquitted.

I think the over complication of the entire case by everybody, and especially media, is a huge reason she's not in jail right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back