GUILTY LA - Lucas Ruiz, 17 mos, murdered, Belle Chasse, 23 Jan 2014

What a monster. :stormingmad: I hope she rots.

Poor beautiful little Lucas! You deserved so much better baby boy. The world will miss you little man.

:tears:

For boyfriend to confess putting rum in the feeding tube, wonder if he really did while she was out of the room? And then she was putting perfume oil in the tube without his knowledge, so poor Lucas was getting a double dose of alcohol?

I just can't even... wow...

Sounds like Münchausen Syndrome By Proxy to me too. And somebody better be keeping a close eye on any other children she has or is around.

Just... gah... no words.

For boyfriend to confess putting rum in the feeding tube, wonder if he really did while she was out of the room? And then she was putting perfume oil in the tube without his knowledge, so poor Lucas was getting a double dose of alcohol?

She confessed to being the one that gave him alcohol when he was 2 months old. She admitted that she lied to police when she told them she had a bottle of Bacardi in her freezer at home which she claimed disappeared when her boyfriend went home to take a shower. She framed the boyfriend and confessed that she framed him.

The bf's "confession" is now very suspect (to me). One of the articles said that the BF was still in jail and it is not yet known IF this will impact the case against him. Umm I would think it would!!

Surely the hospital investigation could distinguish between rum and perfume.

Surely the hospital investigation could distinguish between rum and perfume.

Well they couldn't do an actual autopsy, they probably saw a very high blood alcohol content, then she told that story about the Bacardi, he confessed, and they didn't look further. Why would they?

Sept 2015:

sentenced to 40 years in prison without the possibility of parole. The sentence was the maximum allowable by Judge Kevin Connor.
http://wgno.com/2015/09/15/belle-ch...jecting-hand-sanitizer-into-his-feeding-tube/

A judge sentenced Erica Wigstrom, 20, to the maximum sentence Tuesday after she pleaded guilty to manslaughter in 17-month-old Lucas Ruiz's death.

The child's father's charge of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile was eventually reduced to criminal mischief, a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail.

He ended up spending more than a year in jail before his family posted his bond. Upon his release he was ordered to pay $850 in fines and fees.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...-syndrome-toddler-sentenced-article-1.2362059

sanitzer16n-1-web.jpg

Ok, apparently was pregnant in 2013 and her ultrasound in early December showed the baby had no heartbeat. But then on March 4 she was posting the "craving" tweet and the tweet about impatiently waiting for October.

I wonder if she was just saying she was pregnant (lying?) then for attention or really was pregnant. Then she killed Lucas on January 24. And then got pregnant again? The articles don't state state she is pregnant so I am wondering.

She has no facebook page that I can find, only the one about "a new life for Lucas". I don't see where she posted anything about his death. Her dad had a fb page and posted about Lucas, seems like he loved Lucas a lot.

More articles about this case:
HuffPost - Breaking News, U.S. and World News
"Wigstrom told detectives that Cesar Ruiz was not the person who poisoned Lucas during that incident and that she in fact was the person who injected and poisoned him. Wigstrom informed investigators that she injected alcohol into Lucas' feeding tube on both occasions because she didn't want Lucas Ruiz to suffer any longer. "

So now we know she framed the baby's daddy.
Giving a new update to this story. The heartbeat thing was her pregnant with another child. She lost the baby at 9 weeks. Before she was convicted she found out she was pregnant with another baby and had a little girl while she was convicted. The little girl is now almost 8 and has a loving family and a little brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back