GUILTY IN - Jamie Garnett, 34, stabbed to death, Gary, 13 Feb 2017 *15 yo daughter Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They kinda skirted around that at the presser when questioned about it, so idk if its definite

It is possible she is in protective custody. I do think it is possible that she called her boyfriend because she and her mom were arguing. And she wanted him to pick her up. Mom might have been angry and gotten into a tussle with one or both of them. Or maybe her boyfriend is violent and he took it upon himself to assault the mother. If so, Chas is in danger as she is a witness.

Pleased to report at approx 2:28pm (I think) Chastinea was found safely in the city of Gary

Not be releasing any more info

Asked about Moms murder

No info to be released. Both investigations are ongoing

Question about AA and abduction

Officer says she was not privy to the AA but the state issued the AA it met the states criteria for the AA

No reason to spread widespread panic (question about if the public is at risk) Take normal cautions

Asking if she was alone (asking about a BF) Don't know

And it ended.

Well that was informative, not.

Glad she has been found safe!!

Prayers answered!!!

I just have a feeling that things are not as they seem.

We will see in the coming days I guess.

I just came on to check before going to bed and I'm so relieved to see she's been found.

I must be crazy but I swear I read that Chas was in police custody but can't find that wording this morning. I am glad the young lady is safe but I am afraid there is more to this story.

Are they protecting the young girl from physical harm, or does she have involvement in mother's death? I realize she is a minor, but LE seems much more protective of info than usual.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_56024136-f6ae-50c1-b50a-06f6b43d10b4.html

(BBM)
....police are saying little else publicly about the ongoing investigation into her disappearance.

"We will not be releasing much information at this point, just that she has been recovered, the Amber alert will be cancelled, and the investigation is still ongoing," Lt. Dawn Westerfield said during a Tuesday afternoon news conference at the Gary Police Department.

Reeves was found shortly before 2:30 p.m. “within the city of Gary,” police said. Westerfield declined to offer further details about where the teen was found, if Reeves was with anyone, or if police have anyone in custody.

Westerfield fielded questions from reporters Tuesday, but declined to release additional details. She also would not confirm whether the cases were related.

"The integrity of both cases must be kept," Westerfield said.

Asked if neighbors should be concerned about their safety, Westerfield said she believes there is no cause "for any widespread panic."

An autopsy on Garnett was completed Monday, said Scott Sefton, Lake County coroner's office chief deputy. As of Tuesday morning, the coroner's office was not disclosing what Garnett's injuries were because of an ongoing investigation, he said.

Are they protecting the young girl from physical harm, or does she have involvement in mother's death? I realize she is a minor, but LE seems much more protective of info than usual.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_56024136-f6ae-50c1-b50a-06f6b43d10b4.html

(BBM)
....police are saying little else publicly about the ongoing investigation into her disappearance.

"We will not be releasing much information at this point, just that she has been recovered, the Amber alert will be cancelled, and the investigation is still ongoing," Lt. Dawn Westerfield said during a Tuesday afternoon news conference at the Gary Police Department.

Reeves was found shortly before 2:30 p.m. “within the city of Gary,” police said. Westerfield declined to offer further details about where the teen was found, if Reeves was with anyone, or if police have anyone in custody.

Westerfield fielded questions from reporters Tuesday, but declined to release additional details. She also would not confirm whether the cases were related.

"The integrity of both cases must be kept," Westerfield said.

Asked if neighbors should be concerned about their safety, Westerfield said she believes there is no cause "for any widespread panic."

An autopsy on Garnett was completed Monday, said Scott Sefton, Lake County coroner's office chief deputy. As of Tuesday morning, the coroner's office was not disclosing what Garnett's injuries were because of an ongoing investigation, he said.

I am with you, which is it?

Wonder when we will get new info on this case? Really, as far as mom goes. Kind of doubt we will hear much on Chaz per se as she is a minor.

What do y'all think?

Wonder when we will get new info on this case? Really, as far as mom goes. Kind of doubt we will hear much on Chaz per se as she is a minor.

What do y'all think?

IDK. It's hard to say. I'm hoping Chaz had nothing to do with her mom's passing. If she did (again, hoping and praying she did NOT), she could be charged as an adult.

I'm not sure how Indiana's laws work with respect to minors being charged with a crime.

Does anyone know?

It reminds me of the case I believe in the summer? Where a mom and I think step father were found murdered and the teenage daughter was missing and later found? They were part of the fury community?? We never heard much afterwards? I believe two boys were arrested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It reminds me of the case I believe in the summer? Where a mom and I think step father were found murdered and the teenage daughter was missing and later found? They were part of the fury community?? We never heard much afterwards? I believe two boys were arrested.

That is the one I thought of too, in CA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?317662-CA-3-found-murdered-after-child-calls-911-Fullerton-24-Sept-2016-*Arrests*&highlight=furries

IDK. It's hard to say. I'm hoping Chaz had nothing to do with her mom's passing. If she did (again, hoping and praying she did NOT), she could be charged as an adult.

I'm not sure how Indiana's laws work with respect to minors being charged with a crime.

Does anyone know?

I'm not a lawyer, but I can google! According to this site (https://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/tryingjuvasadult/states/in.html) there have to be certain aggravating circumstances. Factors in the severity of the crime, if it's in the best interest of the community, etc.
b679bd4b674aa05302a66c34c8c4ccf8.png

Yost case.... it had all the makings of quite the show and went mum.

its funny how that happens. I have been trying to get info on Dakota Walker and MSM has nothing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russellspencerdowne