*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

i, like 99% of you, have been condemning her. she's wrong.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

peace in the middle east,
david.

omg.. i can not believe you asked that question
normally, my answer to everything is "to each their own" but not here.. not in this case. my answer is NO- absolutely not!

she killed her daughter, bagged her up like garbage, stashed her in the trunk of her car until she started to rot to the point that the smell of it was unbearable, then she tossed her in a swamp where bugs and animals ATE HER FLESH, grass and plants grew up through her tiny bones and skull...
she tried to cover it up while the whole time she was out partying and living "the beautiful life"
she made excuse after excuse, told lie after lie, hurt not only her family, but her neighbors and strangers all over the world with her daughter's disappearance. she blamed an innocent woman, ruined her name, has NOT co-operated at all with LE, and continues to spew forth her lies..
that's only a small part of why i do NOT feel sorry for her.

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE LOOK ON HER FACE, HER SMIRKS, LAUGHTER, FLIRTNIG WITH HER ATTORNEY, ETC. WHEN SHE'S IN COURT???

NO i do NOT feel sad for casey anthony.
however, i SO feel sad that she will not get to experience the horrible pain that caylee probably felt while she died at the hands of her mother.

NO, I do not feel one bit sorry for KC, she deserves everything she gets and more, and so does the rest of her family....MO

The only thing I feed badly about is the fact that she was raised in such a seemingly dysfunctional family that perhaps something like this was inevitable. I truly believe her PD could have been much better managed ( no small task) in a healthier family.

I am absolutely amazed by how very disturbed all family members appear to be. It is very sad.

I am usually not judgemental, but somehow, I cant help but be in this awful case.

omg.. i can not believe you asked that question
normally, my answer to everything is "to each their own" but not here.. not in this case. my answer is NO- absolutely not!

she killed her daughter, bagged her up like garbage, stashed her in the trunk of her car until she started to rot to the point that the smell of it was unbearable, then she tossed her in a swamp where bugs and animals ATE HER FLESH, grass and plants grew up through her tiny bones and skull...
she tried to cover it up while the whole time she was out partying and living "the beautiful life"
she made excuse after excuse, told lie after lie, hurt not only her family, but her neighbors and strangers all over the world with her daughter's disappearance. she blamed an innocent woman, ruined her name, has NOT co-operated at all with LE, and continues to spew forth her lies..
that's only a small part of why i do NOT feel sorry for her.

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE LOOK ON HER FACE, HER SMIRKS, LAUGHTER, FLIRTNIG WITH HER ATTORNEY, ETC. WHEN SHE'S IN COURT???

NO i do NOT feel sad for casey anthony.
however, i SO feel sad that she will not get to experience the horrible pain that caylee probably felt while she died at the hands of her mother.

Absolutely! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Just to put a spanner in the thinking.

What if Caylee had not died, but had grown up to be very much like KC.

If Caylee grown up was the perp. would you have any sympathy?

Mais non, pas du tout Hercule,

We are all innocent children beginning our life journey. Then we become individuals, make choices and set our priorities for living. ETA Whoops ;} If Caylee grew up and followed in her mom's foorsteps, I would feel the same way as I do about Casey.

KC made allot of bad choices in putting herself before the needs of her little girl. I have absolutely no compassion or sadness for her at all. xox

when i see pictures and videos of kc, i do feel a bit of sadness. not FOR kc, but rather for what kc could have been.

kc could have been a successful, productive, happy human. but, for whatever reason (mental illness, pure evilness, whatever) she decided to end an innocent precious life and hurt so many around her. i feel sad about that.

i feel sad that kc was never able to be the person she thought she wanted to be, and in her quest to be this "person" she wanted to be she felt the need to murder.

i feel sad that in her quest to find perfect love and happiness, kc killed the one person who loved her more than anyone else in this entire world. kc killed the only person who would have loved her unconditionally. caylee's love would have been the most pure love that kc would have ever known.

so yes, i do pity kc. she is a pathetic, miserable, damaged person who will never know true love or happiness. and that is very sad.

imo

All suffering makes me feel sad.

What is so perplexing about this case to me is that, in my mind, if you loose a child, you would endure great suffering. This has never appeared to be the case with KC.

Crystal Cathedral out of Garden Grove California just aired on T.V.
The pastor spoke about almost loosing his child and what his reaction was at the time. It was nothing like what we've seen from KC. That is the huge disconnect for me that I can't get beyond.

Crystal Cathedral (called Hour of Power) airs again tomorrow morning on Lifetime Ch., 7:00 central.

Mais non, pas du tout Hercule,

We are all innocent children beginning our life journey. Then we become individuals, make choices and set our priorities for living.

KC made allot of bad choices in putting herself before the needs of her little girl. I have absolutely no compassion or sadness for her at all. xox
All I have done is upset myself.

I was/am in the camp of thinking "Put KC in a cage and poke her with pointy sticks"

But now I think KC might well have been a carbon copy of Caylee when she was that age.

I guess there must be a time or age when you are adult and responsible, but is that 10years old? 12? 16? 18? 21? I'd hate to judge that? And here we have KC just 22years old. The root of this problem when she was 17-18 years old. Would we have sympathy for the actions of a 17year old?

No, sorry but I do not feel bad for Casey.
She was an adult who had so many different things she could have done, she made the choices she wanted to make! If she wanted to get away from her mothers control then she could have done it! If she did not want to be a mother she could have adopted the baby out. She could have gotten help with schooling and with real child-care if she wanted to keep Caylee. She chose to not do any of this! Hanging out with friends and shacking up with her newest boyfriend while texting other boyfriends was what was important to her, along with using any friend she might have by stealing and lying, and let's not forget her stealing from her Grandparents for gawds sake! Give me one example where she ever did something that was not self-serving?
Cindy imo was not a perfect parent, nor was George, however they are not the worst ones either! There comes a time when we are all responsible for our actions. There are many things I choose not to do because of this! There are other things I do, not because I want to, but because they are necessary for the kind of life I want to live. I don't want to live in a dirty house and so I scrub, I want to have a paycheck and so I get myself to work, the list can go on and on. Casey was very aware for a long time that she was not being a good mother to Caylee, she had plenty of chances to do something about it. For someone who thinks she is so smart... sorry but she is as dumb as a bag of rocks.
Casey is good at playing the victim and I am not going to be someone who is going to fall for that little game with her.
This is the person who look the body of her own baby and shoved it into a trashbag and tossed it into the weeds and spent the next weeks having a grand old time buying herself gifts with stolen money and getting a new tattoo. imo she was rewarding herself with taking care of her problem and now let the good times roll!
Will I get a time out if I declare here that I hate her? She took the 1 thing good and wonderful in her pathetic life and killed it because she is so ugly inside she couldn't stand the beauty!

VB

No, I do not feel sorry for Casey (nor, Hercule Poirot, would I have felt sorry for Caylee had she grown up and become the perp.)

I'm the mother of the sweetest little girl who is about to turn 3. She is the very light and joy of my life. What I have that awful sick-to-my-stomach feeling about is that Caylee didn't know or experience that kind of love with her mother. :cry:

All suffering makes me feel sad.

What is so perplexing about this case to me is that, in my mind, if you loose a child, you would endure great suffering. This has never appeared to be the case with KC.

Crystal Cathedral out of Garden Grove California just aired on T.V.
The pastor spoke about almost loosing his child and what his reaction was at the time. It was nothing like what we've seen from KC. That is the huge disconnect for me that I can't get beyond.

Crystal Cathedral (called Hour of Power) airs again tomorrow morning on Lifetime Ch., 7:00 central.

Hi Woe.be.gone, Mark Geragoss has already said that Casey's attitude and out of cinque behavior will be the one main task for the Defense to overcome at trial, over everything.

O/T Is the elder Pastor Schuller still at the helm. God Bless him for all the good he has done inspiring people everywhere.

Also O/T Have you ever been to Lake Wobegon? I bet you are a Scandahoovian who adores Garrison Keillor - just like me :woohoo:

XOX

My thoughts exactly. The weird part is I keep thinking that she is just going to break down, like there is apart of me that just cannot accept that someone is really capable of what she has done-- its just not possible. But it is.

All I have done is upset myself.

I was/am in the camp of thinking "Put KC in a cage and poke her with pointy sticks"

But now I think KC might well have been a carbon copy of Caylee when she was that age.

I guess there must be a time or age when you are adult and responsible, but is that 10years old? 12? 16? 18? 21? I'd hate to judge that? And here we have KC just 22years old. The root of this problem when she was 17-18 years old. Would we have sympathy for the actions of a 17year old?

I admire your firm but realistic approach here.

It is so hard to give an age IMO. Example:

My Grandgirlie Ariel in 8th grade was a real Tomboy, chunky, wasn't outgoing and her grades were not the best. Suddenly as a sophomore she blossomed, just out of the blue. One day her soul came alive and as a result, against all the odds against her with her living situation {both parents alcoholics} she was a different girl. She has just got a scholarship to a private college and is bound to accomplish her goals. Back 5 years ago I was quite concerned how to get her on track. Amazing, she suddenly reached that point, and was very responsible and outgoing. xox

I guess my dilema comes down to a simple matter of what age you make the transition from adorable, loved child to despicable adult.

Perhaps very easy to say:

3 yr old Caylee = Innocent child, loved by millions.

22 yr old KC = Monster reviled the world over.

At what age do your sympathies change?

No, I have never felt sorry for her. I started out by listening to her tapes with the police.

I believe she is a born serial killer and plotted to kill in order to get possession of the house. Looking up chloroform and neck-breaking. It makes me sad to think of what she was planning for people she would meet in the future. Planning to bury people in the backyard. She's a nightmare.

I've never felt any pity for her, just her family.

No, sorry but I do not feel bad for Casey.
She was an adult who had so many different things she could have done, she made the choices she wanted to make! If she wanted to get away from her mothers control then she could have done it! If she did not want to be a mother she could have adopted the baby out. She could have gotten help with schooling and with real child-care if she wanted to keep Caylee. She chose to not do any of this! Hanging out with friends and shacking up with her newest boyfriend while texting other boyfriends was what was important to her, along with using any friend she might have by stealing and lying, and let's not forget her stealing from her Grandparents for gawds sake! Give me one example where she ever did something that was not self-serving?
Cindy imo was not a perfect parent, nor was George, however they are not the worst ones either! There comes a time when we are all responsible for our actions. There are many things I choose not to do because of this! There are other things I do, not because I want to, but because they are necessary for the kind of life I want to live. I don't want to live in a dirty house and so I scrub, I want to have a paycheck and so I get myself to work, the list can go on and on. Casey was very aware for a long time that she was not being a good mother to Caylee, she had plenty of chances to do something about it. For someone who thinks she is so smart... sorry but she is as dumb as a bag of rocks.
Casey is good at playing the victim and I am not going to be someone who is going to fall for that little game with her.
This is the person who look the body of her own baby and shoved it into a trashbag and tossed it into the weeds and spent the next weeks having a grand old time buying herself gifts with stolen money and getting a new tattoo. imo she was rewarding herself with taking care of her problem and now let the good times roll!
Will I get a time out if I declare here that I hate her? She took the 1 thing good and wonderful in her pathetic life and killed it because she is so ugly inside she couldn't stand the beauty!

VB

:clap:

I guess my dilema comes down to a simple matter of what age you make the transition from adorable, loved child to despicable adult.

Perhaps very easy to say:

3 yr old Caylee = Innocent child, loved by millions.

22 yr old KC = Monster reviled the world over.

At what age do your sympathies change?

Personally, about the age a conscience becomes as expected a characteristic as patience and honesty.

While I wouldn't find a child culpable for being "hated" due to their lack of ethics, I wouldn't like 'em either. I would avoid being around them, and I would not allow my children to interact with anyone like them. But that's just me.

<respectfully snipped>

She took the 1 thing good and wonderful in her pathetic life and killed it because she is so ugly inside she couldn't stand the beauty!

VB

That's my favorite post today. :blowkiss: I completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23