ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]

Unless this is a card M&M is playing and never intended to take this to trial at all and are looking for an out of court settlement. :waitasec:

Oh gosh, LG! I hope not! I have kinda looked to JM as a sort of "ace in the hole" in this case. One more shot at getting something out of KC. I would be soooo disappointed if he too turned out to be all about the money. I felt as though it was personal to him just as it is to many of us who feel that justice was denied to an innocent child that was cruely taken from the world. I want him to force KC on the stand and make her testify. I want him to cross examine the chit out of her until she snaps and her demon heads shows themselves. I want the floor of the courtroom to open up and the flames of Hades to spew forth and devour her. I want. . . .whew! I need a nap!

I don't think I've ever seen a source document that shows that Casey ever said anything about NY plates, or that shows what kind of car or plates ZG really had. All I remember reading is internet hearsay.

Her texts definitely say on the 16th to look for a silver car with NY plates that ZG drives.

BBM Actually they did exactly that. I am just re-reading the Searchable Discovery over at the hinky and from what I can see, this Zenaida Gonzales was the only one taken down to the OCSD by Investigators McBryde and Roderick to give a statement and was shown the photos of both OCA and Caylee and asked if she recognized them at all, within the first two weeks of this case breaking.

Right--actually it was Day One and they went down to her house rather than the other way around, IIRC.

I think this is when she innocently assumed that everything LE knew about her personal details came from Casey. I can't blame her for assuming that. But her lawyers should have known better and shouldn't have told the world that their client "matched" any part of Casey's fantasy-based nanny description.

Right--actually it was Day One and they went down to her house rather than the other way around, IIRC.

I think this is when she innocently assumed that everything LE knew about her personal details came from Casey. I can't blame her for assuming that. But her lawyers should have known better and shouldn't have told the world that their client "matched" any part of Casey's fantasy-based nanny description.

They both phoned her and then showed up on her door to ask for the statement and the pic identification.

In the wild world of OCA - and I notice the LE are calling her ZG not ZFG so that seems a mute point - just the name and the Sawgrass connection and the LE showing up would be enough for me to "green light" ZG.

And again, despite and any "misspokes" from her lawyers, we are back to the fact that not once in those first few months did OCA or her lawyers stand up and firmly or what the heck - vehemently deny this was THE ZG.

And why not when down the road this was just whoops - a drowning...

By the way AZLawyer - thank you so much for the back and forth!:yourock:

You contribute a terrific amount to WS and I know you don't usually have the time to "get down and dirty" with us in the threads. Much appreciate it!:seeya:

The myth that she went to school with someone named ZG arose out of a website where you can enter a name to search for alumni of a school, and then once the name is searched it appears on a list of potential students when future searchers look at that page. So someone, quite reasonably, searched to see if any ZG had attended school with Casey, and then "ZG" was added to the list of potential attendees of that school when future searchers checked that website.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea how that myth happened.

I don't think I've ever seen a source document that shows that Casey ever said anything about NY plates, or that shows what kind of car or plates ZG really had. All I remember reading is internet hearsay.

I do recall seeing casey explain the type of car in a jail visit, either with lee or her parents.

Unless of course I've dreamed it up. ~L~ But for some reason I either remember Casey herself or Cindy describing a silver ford focus type car, with NY license plates.

Good question. That's why I think she should have focused on mental distress damages (and should have been advised to see a psychologist to substantiate those damages) instead of focusing on economic damages.

I never said anything of the sort. I don't think there has been any indication that her life has been ruined by anyone. But, to the extent she has suffered damages from people thinking she might really have been Casey's nanny, these damages were caused in part by her attorneys (1) falsely claiming in legal papers that her name was Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, and (2) falsely claiming in the media that ZG's life "matched" numerous details provided by Casey to LE, including type of vehicle, names of kids, etc. These falsehoods might have led people who were not paying too much attention to think "well, maybe she is 'the' ZFG after all."
What I was referring to in previous post...
(2) any damage to ZG's life was caused as much or more by her own and her lawyer's behaviors than by Casey's evil lies.

BBM-
sorry, was using "ruin" in lieu of damage to her life. I was proud of ZG in coming forward. I don't see how that harmed her. And, for the record, I didn't put much stock in this suit...not until I heard the short clip of the depo. As far as attorneys writing falsehoods (you aside, of course), from my personal experience I have seen how attorneys effortlessly twist words (ever meet a divorce attorney who didn't claim falsehoods?). The "F"...nah, that doesn't bother me either, nor do I see how that hurt her. But, that's just MPO.

ETA: yikes...so many broken quotes! Sorry.

By the way AZLawyer - thank you so much for the back and forth!:yourock:

You contribute a terrific amount to WS and I know you don't usually have the time to "get down and dirty" with us in the threads. Much appreciate it!:seeya:

I have to admit, this has turned into a good conversation. I appreciate AZlawyer being so patient and continuing to try to discuss this in a polite manner. And she has a lot of good points even if I don't totally agree with them. Darn it, I just can't stay mad at AZlawyer for too long! :crazy:

Casey's ZFG description

* Suspect in kidnapping named by and according to Casey Anthony
* 26 Years Old/140lbs/5’6″ or 5′ 7″
* Zanny has Straight Hair but Wears it Naturally Curly and it is Brown
* Zanny has Brown Eyes
* Zanny’s car seat is pink with Floral Design
* Drives a 2008 Silver Ford Focus purchased by Victor Gonzalez her Step father
* Zanny’s biological mother: Gloria Gonzalez 55 yrs old
* Zanny’s sister Samantha is about 28 yrs old

4:13 p.m. KC texts BS telling her the car to watch for is a silver Ford Focus 4 door.
At some point during the day searches are made on Anthony's HP desktop for "Zenaida" and "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez".
BS- I assume is Brandon Snow

They both phoned her and then showed up on her door to ask for the statement and the pic identification.

In the wild world of OCA - and I notice the LE are calling her ZG not ZFG so that seems a mute point - just the name and the Sawgrass connection and the LE showing up would be enough for me to "green light" ZG.

And again, despite and any "misspokes" from her lawyers, we are back to the fact that not once in those first few months did OCA or her lawyers stand up and firmly or what the heck - vehemently deny this was THE ZG.

And why not when down the road this was just whoops - a drowning...

I think ZFG should get a boat load of money from FCA or whatever she can get. Think about all the crazies out therr that think FCA is innocent and want her autograph on her first book. Those same people could be thinking it was ZFG. That poor woman was drug threw the mud over and over again. Even though she is not an Executive of some sort it doesn't mean that she doesn't deserve her name cleared up. Whatever ZFG did in the past doesn't hold a candle to what the evil FCA did to Caylee. ZFG has always taken care of her child. I think we would respect FCA a little more if she were only collecting welfare versus killing her beautiful 2 year old baby. I hope ZFG wins $100K but whether she gets it or not is another story.

OK, I will repeat myself. Is it fair that when you google a Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, you get ZG’s picture, complete with the accusations made by CASEY ANTHONY? Have a look. Some articles predate her lawsuit. She will be forever associated with Caylee's demise through no fault of her own. This will never go away for ZG.
I'm beginning to think it's our fault (not really).
Casey wins again.

Thank you for this excellent post. I am more than willing to consider that ZG did suffer some harm as a result of Casey's actions but, IMO, ZG has forfeited any right to compensation for that by exaggerating and outright lying about things like being fired from her job or losing her apartment as a result of those actions. I would assume also that, like so many others involved in this case, ZG has profited from her media interviews. ZG has alleged that she was not able to provide for her children due to the loss of her job, but now we learn that she was on welfare the entire time. So where did that money, intended to provide for her children, go?

I refuse to set aside my own knowledge and observations in order to label ZG as a saint simply because she's against Casey. There is no doubt that Casey is pure evil but that doesn't make ZG, or Padilla, or anyone else who is anti-Casey all good. This case has brought out a huge assortment of con-men/women, ZG among them, IMO.
...except that I do believe it was the good people on message boards like this who encouraged her to sue. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that they reached out to M and M and put them together to begin with. Sorry, I don't have links...but I was here and I remember what was going on.

Right, Z?G was not 'dragged' anywhere. She voluntarily met with LE and gave her short statement. I have also always assumed that ZG misunderstood what LE told her and believed Casey had given that information to LE. The burden falls on Morgan, IMO, to get the facts right before filing the case. Not only did he fail to do that, but he was all over the media repeating the false information, much of which people continue to believe even after it's been proven untrue.

Right, Z?G was not 'dragged' anywhere. She voluntarily met with LE and gave her short statement. I have also always assumed that ZG misunderstood what LE told her and believed Casey had given that information to LE. The burden falls on Morgan, IMO, to get the facts right before filing the case. Not only did he fail to do that, but he was all over the media repeating the false information, much of which people continue to believe even after it's been proven untrue.

Much like some people will continue to believe ZG was involved in Caylee's death even though it has been proven that she was not.

OK, ZG said she recieved death threats after KC accused someone with two parts of her name of kidnapping Caylee. Now I don't know about you, but if I ever recieved any sort of a death threat, I would be scared beyond belief. How do you put a price tag on your sense of security? What is that worth to you?

Did she report the death threats to LE? Are there reports somewhere?

Much like some people will continue to believe ZG was involved in Caylee's death even though it has been proven that she was not.

Yes, I saw that in the old thread I read here yesterday. Even after LE issued a statement saying there was no ZFG, people continued to 'research' Z?G and post her personal information here.

As I recall, she said it during an interview. I'm not sure which one but I remember her watching her say this. I'll try to find it.

No, don't go to the trouble. I'm not all that concerned with whether she said it in an interview, what I'm curious about is if she went to the police, which is what anyone who is receiving death threads should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10