AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general impression I gleaned was there aren't ruling anything out at this point, which usually means despite the numerous tips, there aren't any solid leads to go in one specific direction.

:(

MOO

Also, the detective had the perfect opportunity to declare the father 'cleared' of any suspicion when he asked if they were following him. And he did not take that opportunity. I am not sure what to make of that.

I still can't see a person. I see movement, but whatever I'm watching looks IMOO to be quite small compared to the 5. :dunno:

Try adjusting the light balance on your monitor and then rewatch.

At least we aren't hearing from the family's attorney. That's a positive thing.

Also, the detective had the perfect opportunity to declare the father 'cleared' of any suspicion when he asked if they were following him. And he did not take that opportunity. I am not sure what to make of that.

Took that to mean they can't completely clear him at this point, not necessarily that he was directly involved in her disappearance (i.e. doing something to her) but that her disappearance may be a result of someone he knows or activity he's involved in.

MOO

I still can't see a person. I see movement, but whatever I'm watching looks IMOO to be quite small compared to the 5. :dunno:

I had to go full screen on my computer to be able to see it. And I watched :45 to :55 over and over...and over. LOL

Thanks for the updates from the PC!

A few things that stood out to me.

1) The comment about the father. I don't understand how and why that was even asked by the reporter? To get a reaction?

2) LE not sureveilling the house anymore.

3) One individual out of the 4 identified themselves. Where are the other 4 and even though he said they noticed the mystery lurker, he didn't say they identified this person or ask the individual to come forward.

4) The 5 searches were focused on 3 mile radius. Why? And why aren't they expanding their searches?

5) Narcotics is just one of many possibilities they're looking at.

6) The family continues to cooperate.

I have mixed feelings about these daily press conferences. I'm glad LE is keeping Isabel's case in the media but yet there doesn't seem to be anything tangible coming out from any of these pressers except more suspicion on the family perhaps and paranoia to the people in the area. If I was a local, I'd be really scared if I had children until this case was solved. I guess what I'm trying to say is they're not calming any of the fears people may have.

Why didn't anybody ask about the evidence? Did any of the tests come back?

I didn't watch and listen to the PC from the updates that were posted here, it sounds like they have no clue.

They can't rule anybody out at this point. Sad, really.

Also, the figure appears after the people pass by.

I don't make much of it. It seems they just don't have enough to go solidly in any direction. It is very, very early on in the investigation to declare the parents "cleared". That certainly did not happen in Polly Klaas' case, or Elizabeth Smart's, or Jessica Lunsford's, or the Groene kids, or countless others whose parents later, it became clear, had zero to do with the disappearance. It's only been 7 days.

And maybe the parents took polys and the results were inconclusive, as some innocent parents' results are. Or maybe they passed but LE still thinks they need to look further, as has also happened in the past.

I don't see the failure to "clear" the parents 7 days after Isabel went missing as indicative of a definitive feeling that the parents are involved, at all.

Took that to mean they can't completely clear him at this point, not necessarily that he was directly involved in her disappearance (i.e. doing something to her) but that her disappearance may be a result of someone he knows or activity he's involved in.

MOO

Hi All. Been lurking on this thread for a while. ITA with this. The fact that they have not yet cleared the family and that they are now expanding the search to Mexico makes me wonder if this was a drug/gang related kidnapping which is a big problem in AZ from what I have read. The family may have not done something to her, but may have gotten themselves wrapped up in a bad situation. JMO.

I keep thinking this case is similar to Haleigh Cummings disappearance.

She went missing from her home and never found.

I hope and pray they find Isabel safe.

I don't know. To me there is an incredibly massive difference in the families involved. Very, very different.

Hi All. Been lurking on this thread for a while. ITA with this. The fact that they have not yet cleared the family and that they are now expanding the search to Mexico makes me wonder if this was a drug/gang related kidnapping which is a big problem in AZ from what I have read. The family may have not done something to her, but may have gotten themselves wrapped up in a bad situation. JMO.

What do you mean by expanding the search to Mexico? From what I read, they put up flyers there. I don't think anybody is physically looking for her in Mexico, imo

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

Welcome! :)

My mind keeps returning to one question - why that particular night? What made it different than any other night, unless this was a totally random abduction by a stranger lurking outside the house for the perfect opportunity? If that wasn't the case, was the family being followed, and was this person at the ball game they were at earlier?

:waitasec:

MOO

I don't see a need to "clear" the family but LE in this case seems to be less inclined to even give any positive vibes, I guess it is...and JMO

Mostly, I think LE is very little more informed than they were a week ago, even with all of the video they are getting access to...so evidently video is not the eternal end-all/be-all as we often talk about...they seems to have masses of it, yet nothing that is really telling them what happened...

JMO

I wonder if LE has,or will, examine the family's cell phone and internet records ? Especially those calls or texts received and sent early on that morning that Isabel disappeared...JMO

Well...if they don't suspect the family, they really aren't doing them any favors. If they thought they were innocent I would expect LE to come out and say that after seeing questions relating to suspecting the parents. And I would expect the family to be pissed that they aren't saying that.

Considering that in other cases, LE has "leaked" far more damning things about innocent families in an effort to further an investigation like "failed" polygraphs, I think LE is actually playing pretty nice so far. My impression is that they don't have enough of a lead to know anything at this point.

I'm so depressed. I joined Wedsleuths three years ago when Victoria Stafford went missing. Since then, other than hers, EVERY other case I have followed goes unsolved and the missing person not found. The only thing worse than having your child abducted and murdered is not knowing where your child is. I really hope they find Isabel soon.

I wonder if LE has,or will, examine the family's cell phone and internet records ? Especially those calls or texts received and sent early on that morning that Isabel disappeared...JMO

They probably already have. That would be something done fairly early in the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong