George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/05/us/trayvon-martin-shooting-fast-facts

Trayvon Martin Shooting Fast Facts
By CNN Library
updated 6:52 PM EDT, Tue June 25, 2013

Facts:
Trayvon Benjamin Martin, born February 5, 1995, was a 17-year-old African-American high school student who lived in Miami Gardens, Florida with his mother Sybrina Fulton. In February 2012, Martin was visting his father Tracy Martin in Sanford, Florida after receiving a ten-day suspension from Krop Senior High School. The suspension stemmed from the discovery of drug residue in Martin's book bag.

George Michael Zimmerman, born October 5, 1983, was a part-time student at Seminole State College and a neighborhood watch captain at the Retreat at Twin Lakes gated community in Sanford at the time of the shooting. He is married to Shellie (Dean) Zimmerman and is the son of Robert and Gladys Zimmerman.

Much more info at link:
:tyou:

why are there no bushes to hide behind in this video? is that not the story the defense went with? this is ridiculous- makes a mockery of this death. IMHO

Fact TM was 5'11". Look at the tennis shoes...they would not add three Inches, fact more than fiction but...IMO, for the purposes of this forum.

Good catch. I've been saying the whole time that all GZ had to do was change a few details and this story turns into a "self defense" claim.

That is how the event changes. If TM had a MMA mount then TM knees would have prevented GZ from getting to his gun.

TM knees would have been by GZ waist guarding his gun. Only when TM got off could GZ access his gun.

And if there is such a thing as BLATANT WITNESS TAMPERING I think Ms. Jeantel and her "Yes Sir" is a good example.

IMO.

I had wondered if her mother had watched her testimony and had a talk with her about respect. JMO.

And if there is such a thing as BLATANT WITNESS TAMPERING I think Ms. Jeantel and her "Yes Sir" is a good example.

IMO.

The State telling their witness to use "yes sir", "no sir", "yes m'am" and "no m'am" does not equal "blatant witness tampering", IMO. The State and the defense are allowed to remind their witnesses of things such as that.

MOO

Mantei has me missing Jose Baez and his antics. Mr. Mantei is rather dull, so are the rest of the attorneys. At least Jose gave us some "shock" moments, like the time he was using one of his storyboards and called Ashton "laughing boy" causing Judge P to sit up and take notice. :wink:

These guys are just so ho-hum.

imo

That is how the event changes. If TM had a MMA mount then TM knees would have prevented GZ from getting to his gun.

TM knees would have been by GZ waist guarding his gun. Only when TM got off could GZ access his gun.

Here is a recent incident that was in the news. If this incident had not been filmed the offender could have very easily claimed self defense. Too bad for him, he's in a lot of trouble now. it also shows how quickly things can take a turn when personalities become heated.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/newport-road-rage-suspect-shots-fired-video_n_2950918.html

He specifically claimed the gun was superfluous because of the camera angle would not have shown it. They could have changed the camera angle with a mouse click. His explaination was BS, IMHO.

IMO - Absolutely, and why I don't understand why this would be something the defense would argue to admit, but the gunshot was a key point, and could have been included easily, I agree with you - why leave it out? He's a skilled animator, at the request of the defense, who I can only guess did not want it there You're absolutely right, and it isn't logical, in my opinion.

Ok this thread is closed. We will open a new discussion thread tomorrow as soon as court is in session.

Tonight on Tricia's True Crime Radio in addition to Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute we will welcome VPate. Vpate has had a very interesting journey where the Zimmerman/Martin case is concerned.

She is an encyclopedia of knowledge of this case. She paid the price early on when she said George shot in self defense. Vpate will tell us all about the hell she has been through and about her latest take on what happened in the court room.

9 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members