The Abduction October 22, 1989

How is it that the Vidocq Society works together and solves "unsolvable" crimes with as little information as we have, yet we as a group are content to point fingers at each other and argue. Were we to put as much effort into solving this crime as we do in throwing rocks at each other, we well may have solved it.

Hard to solve it on the net, though, isn't it? Do they go onsite and interview people etc? Or how do they do it?

Hard to solve it on the net, though, isn't it? Do they go onsite and interview people etc? Or how do they do it?

Great point maybe one of our forum members that are local can get some boots on the ground?

How is it that the Vidocq Society works together and solves "unsolvable" crimes with as little information as we have, yet we as a group are content to point fingers at each other and argue. Were we to put as much effort into solving this crime as we do in throwing rocks at each other, we well may have solved it.

Yeah but this unsolvable crime has an active gag order. The cases you're thinking of did not. We just need more communication to put us in our place. LE needs to remind us they are still in control. I believe we are at that definitive point where we need something real from LE again (not that innuendo that was the Hubers).

Yeah but this unsolvable crime has an active gag order. The cases you're thinking of did not. We just need more communication to put us in our place. LE needs to remind us they are still in control. I believe we are at that definitive point where we need something real from LE again (not that innuendo that was the Hubers).

LE has made it rather clear that they feel no obligation to update the public, communicate or bring in additional resources. It's not LE that's going to solve this case. It's local people willing to do the sleuthing and develop their own evidence and hand it to a higher state or federal law enforcement entity for action.

This makes in interesting point. If local members did start to develop evidence and SCSD tried to shut them down, it would clearly show who the obstruction is....

They have additional resources they brought in. A special team from NCEMC, FBI, and BCA.

If you look at a current case of the murder of Dr.Sievers in Florida, documents are sealed and the Sheriff is not talking anymore. This is in a state with Sunshine Laws.

So many cases in WS where info is kept silent, not always good. Often when revealed, it is amazing what L E knows because of info that citizens have provided.

The citizens have not blabbed either.

Jacob's favorite song that was played on radio stations continuously. Red Grammer came and did a fund raiser concert as well.

[video=youtube;rrVCCpboLTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVCCpboLTU[/video]

Leaving my porch light on for Jacob. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him...26 years :(

Thinking of Jacob today. Stearns County Sherrif, it's time to release some new information. PLEASE. Give us something new to work with.

Prayers for Jacob and the Wetterling family throughout the day today, for continued strength, courage and comfort.

I wonder where the Rassier's dog was while the abductor was hiding out on the property. And while the abduction was taking place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't dogs kind of have a "sixth sense" to nefarious activity taking place within their domain? Maybe the dog was inside the house? Asleep? Not aware that anything unusual was happening? Or maybe the dog knew the abductor? It just seems that if there was a stranger up to no good on the Rassier property, the dog should've been there, barking up a storm...

I wonder where the Rassier's dog was while the abductor was hiding out on the property. And while the abduction was taking place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't dogs kind of have a "sixth sense" to nefarious activity taking place within their domain? Maybe the dog was inside the house? Asleep? Not aware that anything unusual was happening? Or maybe the dog knew the abductor? It just seems that if there was a stranger up to no good on the Rassier property, the dog should've been there, barking up a storm...

I have read that the dog was an outside dog. I agree 100% with this assessment having had several dogs over the years.

jacob-race.jpg

Eleven year old Jacob Wetterling believed in fairness. His mother, Patty Wetterling, remembers a boy who would respond strongly when something happened that wasn’t fair or wasn’t just. “Even if something happened that had nothing to do with him, he got very upset when something wasn’t fair,” she says.

http://www.joybaker.com

Dogs can lose there sense of smell, sight and hearing. Please provide the information and statistics that prove your dogs and Dan's dog had the exact same senses.

I have read that the dog was an outside dog. I agree 100% with this assessment having had several dogs over the years.

Asking the boys what their ages are, what was the point?

If this guy wanted a 11 year old boy, why did he let aaron go? He was 11 too. Why didn't he get their ages all at once then dismiss the two he didn't want? He got to Jacob and didn't matter anymore how old he was because the other two are already running. Jacob could be 9, 10, 11, 12. In fact did the abductor ask Jacob his age?

<modsnip>I was there searching in 1989 when no one thought anything of the Rassier driveway. What would be the point of looking at ditches? We were looking for Jacob.

Who knew anything about perverts and this type of crime?

We learned though. And we have never forgotten

Dogs can lose there sense of smell, sight and hearing. Please provide the information and statistics that prove your dogs and Dan's dog had the exact same senses.

Ok. Please look at the provided links. Thanks

Oh never mind those links. Just look at DR's report about how his dog barked and woke him up. Why compare the dog in vast charts and comparisons when we have DR's very own report.

Asking the boys what their ages are, what was the point?

If this guy wanted a 11 year old boy, why did he let aaron go? He was 11 too. Why didn't he get their ages all at once then dismiss the two he didn't want? He got to Jacob and didn't matter anymore how old he was because the other two are already running. Jacob could be 9, 10, 11, 12. In fact did the abductor ask Jacob his age?

I sometimes wonder if it was his way of finding the "taller one." I saw a photo of Jacob, Aaron and Trevor together, and Jacob looks a bit taller than Aaron. The perp may have assumed the taller one was older when he saw them together earlier. That not being the case - since both Aaron and Jacob were the same age - he then had to rely on looking at them up close. I think Jacob was always the target. Just my two cents.

I sometimes wonder if it was his way of finding the "taller one." I saw a photo of Jacob, Aaron and Trevor together, and Jacob looks a bit taller than Aaron. The perp may have assumed the taller one was older when he saw them together earlier. That not being the case - since both Aaron and Jacob were the same age - he then had to rely on looking at them up close. I think Jacob was always the target. Just my two cents.

He could have seen Jacob many times as well as Aaron as they were best friends that played together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back