GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

She passed a poly yep.
She can't REMEMBER anything.

I bet she can't.

I will never give a parent a free pass for neglect.
Drinking til you pass out with 3 small children in your care is neglect.

Sometimes I have to give other parents a pass because I know I'm not perfect. As for neglect, there seemed to be other adult family members there - in my family, we all helped out with the kids. What may be neglect to some, may not be to others.

To be honest with everyone,

I can't tell who's, who,

And everyone of the Aunts/sister/Grammy

All have a different version of what happened

Even Mariha mother changes her story every time she tells it.

And I can not find one LE that says she passed the Poly.

Sometimes I have to give other parents a pass because I know I'm not perfect. As for neglect, there seemed to be other adult family members there - in my family, we all helped out with the kids. What may be neglect to some, may not be to others.

Ok, that's true. But NOBODY noticed this child missing until 11:00 or 12:00 the next day???

Where were the other adult family members?

Who was looking after these children???

I just can't seem to find where the storyline, Timeline is because in every video the story keeps changing,

Like this one the Aunt says she put the Mariha to sleep in the Dinning room...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28662031/index.htmlhttp://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28654852/index.html

ETA: Then she also states she left at 3:30am!!!!! WHAT!!!

But the mom who was passed out on the couch said the kids were sleeping next to her...

Another change in the story:

The reporter says the altercation between the mom and a man happened in a liquor store. Yesterday they were saying it happened in a party supply store. I guess liquor could be considered to be party supplies. Way too many changes in the story?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with adults having a few drinks at a home party, but if there are children and babies in the house, somebody has to be sober enough to take care of the kids.

If the mother is drunk and passed out, how could she know if anyone was watching her children, or if the person supposed to be watching them was not drunk and passed out too? Where was her sister who lived there with her own children?

There was a 6 month old baby, but nobody was awake between 3 AM and 11-12 AM. A six month old needs care within an 8 hour period of time. Leaving children without care for that long is neglect. It doesn't matter if there are adults present in the house if none of them can wake up to take care of the kids.

Obviously, nobody was looking after those young children.

I can't tell who's, who,

I have a detailed list available when/if we ever need it.

ETA: I do remember it in an article about the poly, but you are right, LE was not quoted.

Let's move on from the subject of the mother and what state she was or was not in before the crime occurred. She is not a suspect in the crime against her child.

She is a victim, Websleuths is a victim friendly site and there is no bashing of victims.

The thought of it being ok to have a party, drink til you pass out, not care for your 3 small children... baffles me.

When you are drunk, you do not make wise decisions. Why is it ok to expose children to this?

The mother said "I think my daughter was kidnapped". She has NO CLUE what happened that night. She does not remember anything.

That's ok??

Those kids were exposed to all party goers that were in that house that night.

<modsnip>
As a parent of 2 myself, I agree with pretty much all you have stated, unfortunately I do not believe the same as you in this case.

My son is 17 and is never in the same place when he wakes in the morning, it's been this way since he could get outta bed. I would see him in his bed and his dad would later see him in the livingroom. I can see how two adults could see a child in different spots at night, maybe auntie put her in the dining room, she got up and moved closer to mom.

Considering she is a new mom as well, even with her drinking she would hear one if her babies, no doubt in my mind. Hear a window and screen prob not, we are conditioned to hear our children no matter what, not so much other sounds especially when there are other adults at home.

I'm not about to judge, and beat up on this poor mother during the hardest part of her life, I'm pretty sure she is doing that enough herself. As I know both you and me would.

Yes we wouldn't do anything purposefully to harm our kids, and she didn't either.

It's a horrible horrible lesson to have to learn.

I can't tell who's, who,

BBM.

Konesha Smith said she believes someone kidnapped her daughter.
But she said she couldn't remember anything because when the disappearance of 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith was discovered early Sunday, Konesha Smith was drunk and passed out on the couch after a party at the home she shared with her sister in the 3800 block of Burlingame.

That's what she told investigators. And a polygraph test Monday indicated she was being truthful, according to an official familiar with the investigation.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110726/NEWS01/107260418/Burned-girl-s-body-may-linked-missing-child

BBM.

Konesha Smith said she believes someone kidnapped her daughter.
But she said she couldn't remember anything because when the disappearance of 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith was discovered early Sunday, Konesha Smith was drunk and passed out on the couch after a party at the home she shared with her sister in the 3800 block of Burlingame.

That's what she told investigators. And a polygraph test Monday indicated she was being truthful, according to an official familiar with the investigation.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110726/NEWS01/107260418/Burned-girl-s-body-may-linked-missing-child

Wonder who the official familiar with the investigation was?
Member of LE?

But the mom who was passed out on the couch said the kids were sleeping next to her...

Another change in the story:

The reporter says the altercation between the mom and a man happened in a liquor store. Yesterday they were saying it happened in a party supply store. I guess liquor could be considered to be party supplies. Way too many changes in the story?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with adults having a few drinks at a home party, but if there are children and babies in the house, somebody has to be sober enough to take care of the kids.

If the mother is drunk and passed out, how could she know if anyone was watching her children, or if the person supposed to be watching them was not drunk and passed out too? Where was her sister who lived there with her own children?

There was a 6 month old baby, but nobody was awake between 3 AM and 11-12 AM. A six month old needs care within an 8 hour period of time.

Obviously, nobody was looking after those kids.

In Detroit areas I have been in the liquor stores are all called party stores... Ex: bills party store.

Does anyone else have a list of all the different stories the family has told? I am too busy at work to make one right now. :innocent:

It might help us decipher if the different stories are possibly a matter of semantics?

Thank you but unfortunately I can't seem to watch it from my iPhone ... Anyone have any ideas??? :)

skyfire is an app that allows you to watch videos on an iphone.
Mine freezes a lot though.

Not sure it's worth the money or time it takes to download it.

JMO

Does anyone else have a list of all the different stories the family has told? I am too busy at work to make one right now. :innocent:

It might help us decipher if the different stories are possibly a matter of semantics?

I have notes handwritten on a note pad. I will try later to compile it.

I think the physical or mental condition of the parent/caregiver is, or should be, an important part of a missing child investigation.

How many times have we seen a parent on TV begging for help finding their child only to find out they knew exactly what happened?

I'm not saying that is the case here.

I'm aware that some posters disagree, but IMO, it is irresponsible, at the very least, to leave children and babies unattended for 8 - 9 hours - maybe more, considering that the mom - by her own admission - was passed out by 3AM and the child wasn't found to be missing until 11 or 12. If she passed out at 3, it is probable that she was in no condition to care for her children for some time prior to that.

Okay then, criticizing of the mom aside, it's still extremely unfortunate that no one can give LE any idea of what happened in that house - where several children were living - between 3AM and 11 AM.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back