VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

So...we have TWO men in Ms. Leyla's love life (well, 3 if you count her ex).

One of the two sounds crazy and unstable...with a wife and a past. He is calling the cops and the media wanting to talk.

The other one is a higher up in the business world, intelligent...with a wife. He is refusing to talk to law enforcement and has lawyered up.

They BOTH sound guilty to me.
:banghead:

Although anything is possible, the crazy man sounds guilty to me. Based on what he has done in the past, I am almost certain. That makes me sad.

I was on a field trip with my students Monday, and one of the parent chaperones is married to someone who works for Altria. I asked if she or her husband knew anything about the case, but she said they only knew what has been released in the media.

I, too, am wondering if PP and Leyla had a romantic relationship that evening. If so, and if ME was stalking her, it doesn't take much of a leap to assume the worst.

Did I read the article correctly? Has ME injured two different women in the past? (And that is just what has been prosecuted. Who knows what else he has done that has not been reported.) Plus, his wife recently filed for a restraining order on him? Why is he a free man? And why would she say he is not violent, if he has been convicted and served time? That is crazy, too.

Although I am glad the case is not cold, this news depresses me. I cannot imagine walking in the shoes of Leyla's family and friends.

I agree -- if I only knew about one or the other I would be positive that either one was guilty. But in this case, I think that PP is a red herring. I would bet that there was some frowned-upon activity between the two of them and making one last futile attempt to hang on to his reputation. It isn't really considered good behavior to sleep with a subordinate, especially if you're CEO and she's director-level, even if neither one is married. If I understood some of the things I read about their org structure, her group reported up through his organization, or at least at one point her group reported up to him.

If it really is the same Edwards who did the stabbing and the threatening, etc., he seems more likely. Though I agree the idea that he can't remember how they met and the idea that they were a pair at all sounds mightily suspicious. I wonder where he works? Maybe she frequented that place or maybe he worked for her lawn service or something like that. If the police hadn't said that they had known each other for some time, I would almost think that he'd simply met her casually in some capacity like plumber one day and had become obsessed with her.

Edited to add: He works as a "laborer" according to the times dispatch article.

Thanks for posting this link. It is freaky how many violent incidents it mentions. It's sort of poorly-written, though, so I was having trouble parsing which crime was which, and just came away with the impression that there were a LOT of crimes. At least two drug arrests and a DUI (resulting in revocation of parole). The crimes in 1990 (stabbing his girlfriend and hurting her daughter), an apparently sealed and subsequently lost (?) prior arrest for an 1987 abduction and beating of a woman while two of her children were held hostage. Plus threats to his current wife. His current wife was his wife at the time of the 1990 crimes... yes, he's just a pussy cat that growls like a tiger, wouldn't hurt a fly... WTH?

*bumping* for Leyla.
I haven't been able to find any new information :(

That "news blog" looks like it was written by a crazy person. You have to be careful with those sometimes. Crazy people have a lot of free time on their hands. :computer:

Oh My Gosh...

I am SOOO glad you're observation is the same as mine! I couldn't understand some of what was said.

Was this a translation into English from another language... or does this "author" have a great deal of trouble with the English language?

ETA: Thank you Donjeta...
That may be the case here... (machine translator)

http://www.news777.info/2012/06/person-of-interest-in-chesterfield-disappearance-speaks-out.html
Pritchard also addressed a Police Department’s disappointment with what he described as a miss of team-work from another male who is also a chairman of seductiveness in a case. Police trust that man, Peter Paoli, a recently late Altria executive, was a final chairman to pronounce with Namiranian and expected a final chairman to see her before she disappeared.

Would it have been in english first?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back