MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be helpful! No clue about how to do one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A member is now working on this. It will give us something to keep facts straight from speculation.

"I have been able to get off early, let me swing home real quick, pack a bag, I'll meet you there."

I'd like confirmation that this was, indeed, the phrasing of Danielle's text to her friend, but in the meantime, "I'll meet you there" doesn't sound like DS was necessarily going to the friend's house to cook dinner. Sounds to me like they might have been planning to "meet" somewhere (presumably for drinks and/or dinner). Maybe this is what Mrs. Stislicki was suggesting when she called seeing the friend a "meeting". "Meet you WHERE"? I think most of us have latched on to the notion that Danielle was going to her friend's home to cook dinner, but maybe that wasn't the exact plan for the evening. :thinking:

I read this I think in a post by Sherlock earlier in the day and wondering if this was actual wording of the text by DS to her friend too. I thought at the time, where is "there". Or was she just paraphrasing giving the gist of the text. But it really isn't clear.

Thank you so much for staying around here Holocene... I know it must be hard. I don't know DS, but have become so attached to her. Those of you that know her well must be heartbroken. I have been a WS lurker for many years... through Natalee Holloway, Nancy Cooper, etc... but this one hits close to home so I am pulling up my big girl pants and am posting. I very rarely post... it's a little intimidating because I'm afraid of breaking rules LOL! I live about 10 miles from where DS worked, about 15 miles from where she lives, and about 15 from the HOI. I have a friend who works at MetLife; has known DS's mom for 20+ years, and also knows DS. I showed him a photo of the SG; he had no idea what he looked like but immediately recognized him. He said "Oh yeah... the afternoon guy".

I have a kid one year older than DS and another a year younger. If the older one said he's be there for dinner at 5:30 and didn't show, people would call out the MI State Police. If the younger one did it... they'd say she just forgot or something came up. So I think to try to read in to this is a little problematic. Everyone is different. As frustrated as we are with the lack of info... I think we are looking at red herrings. The only facts we have... are the timeline that has been established... and the searches of the SG's home. FYI everywhere I go in The D people are talking about this and are so concerned. We all just want info and mostly for this beautiful girl to come home to the people who love her.

This is the first time I've commented on Danielle's thread but I've been following along since the beginning. I'm wondering if the Saturday training Danielle was supposed to do was scheduled in advance or did it come up on Friday? If it came up on Friday, that would explain why she had to go home to pack a bag. She could have been planning to spend the night all along, but if she found out the next day she would have to work, she would want to get some toiletries, fresh clothes - make sure she had herself presentable.

Thank you so much for staying around here Holocene... I know it must be hard. I don't know DS, but have become so attached to her. Those of you that know her well must be heartbroken. I have been a WS lurker for many years... through Natalee Holloway, Nancy Cooper, etc... but this one hits close to home so I am pulling up my big girl pants and am posting. I very rarely post... it's a little intimidating because I'm afraid of breaking rules LOL! I live about 10 miles from where DS worked, about 15 miles from where she lives, and about 15 from the HOI. I have a friend who works at MetLife; has known DS's mom for 20+ years, and also knows DS.I showed him a photo of the SG; he had no idea what he looked like but immediately recognized him. He said "Oh yeah... the afternoon guy".

I have a kid one year older than DS and another a year younger. If the older one said he's be there for dinner at 5:30 and didn't show, people would call out the MI State Police. If the younger one did it... they'd say she just forgot or something came up. So I think to try to read in to this is a little problematic. Everyone is different. As frustrated as we are with the lack of info... I think we are looking at red herrings. The only facts we have... are the timeline that has been established... and the searches of the SG's home. FYI everywhere I go in The D people are talking about this and are so concerned. We all just want info and mostly for this beautiful girl to come home to the people who love her.

Bless you! Another question answered. And it's a BIG one.

Thank you so much for staying around here Holocene... I know it must be hard. I don't know DS, but have become so attached to her. Those of you that know her well must be heartbroken. I have been a WS lurker for many years... through Natalee Holloway, Nancy Cooper, etc... but this one hits close to home so I am pulling up my big girl pants and am posting. I very rarely post... it's a little intimidating because I'm afraid of breaking rules LOL! I live about 10 miles from where DS worked, about 15 miles from where she lives, and about 15 from the HOI. I have a friend who works at MetLife; has known DS's mom for 20+ years, and also knows DS. I showed him a photo of the SG; he had no idea what he looked like but immediately recognized him. He said "Oh yeah... the afternoon guy".

You should definitely post more often...nice to have a voice of reason

But I've seen it posted that she'd made plans with the friend prior to this day. So why wouldn't she already have an overnight bag?? That is really bugging me.

1 Procrastination -I have a friend who waits to do everything at last minute

2 pick up a special pan, unusual spice or utensil after final decision on what dinner will be - are we sure it was personal clothing that was to be retrieved? i can't remember, but have read she enjoyed cooking, and I know cooks have their fav go-to things. i do.

3 maybe something she wanted to wear next day, maybe even her pj's -your pick- were in the dryer when she left that morning?

Just throwing a few reasons out there...??

ETA I personally don't see anything suspicious about running by her house, no matter what was supposed to be in the bag.

JMHOO

Here is a timeline of facts I've compiled from various news articles. I'm sure there may be some information I've missed, but I've tried to be as comprehensive as possible while sticking ONLY to information obtained thru the mainstream media.

Wearing: Blue Eddie Bauer jacket, blue jeans, black zip up shirt, and burgundy boots
Physical Description: 5'5", 123 pounds, with wavy brown medium-length hair
Tattoos:
Koi fish - hip
Constellation - shoulder
Phoenix - lower left back
Candy, peanuts, and popcorn - foot

Danielle was last seen leaving work at Metlife in Southfield, Michigan and her Jeep Renegade was found parked outside of her apartment building (Independence Green Apartments in the area of Halsted & Grand River) around 6 pm on Saturday, December 3rd.

Her vehicle was discovered locked, and her purse, wallet, ID, and credit cards were found inside it.
Her keys and cell phone are missing.
At 7 pm on Friday evening, all calls were being sent directly to voicemail.

Per clickondetroit.com,
"[Danielle's] vehicle was left at her home in the area of Halsted and Grand River in Farmington Hills even though she was last seen in Southfield."

Per freep.com,
"[Danielle was] last seen leaving work at about 5 pm Friday in the area of 10 Mile & Telegraph in Southfield, Farmington Hills police Lt. Jeff King said. She was last seen driving her vehicle."

On 12/6/2016, DS' family offered a $10,000 reward for information leading them to the 28 year old.
Per WXYZ.com

Article dated 12/5/2016: LE stated "the reason she is missing is not the issue. Her safety is the concern."

Article on detroit.cbslocal.com dated 12/7/2016:
Investigators request information from anyone who may have seen:
*DS and/or her jeep leaving the Metlife office parking lot on December 2nd
*DS and/or jeep arriving at her apartment complex between 5 pm on 12/2 and 6 pm on 12/3
*DS at any time between 5 pm on 12/2 and 6 pm on 12/3

Article dated 12/13/2016:
Family fears foul play and believe DS was abducted after leaving work

Per Detroit News article
Danielle had asked to leave work earlier than scheduled and had plans to meet up with a longtime female friend.

Per Huffington Post article titled "Danielle Stislicki's Family Fears Foul Play in Metlife Employee's Disappearance:

- DS planned to stop at her Farmington Hills residence before meeting up with her best friend for dinner

- Her friend assumed she had gone to sleep after work when she didn't show

- DS also failed to show for the start of her 8 am shift at Metlife on Saturday morning

- All calls went to voicemail and texts were unanswered

- The lack of communication from DS prompted her friend to check on her. When knocks on her door went unanswered, her friend contacted DS' parents

- Her parents contacted LE after driving to her apartment and finding her car locked with all of her personal belongings in it

- The only items known to be missing are her cell phone, keys, and the clothes Danielle wore to work on December 2nd

- The entire grounds at her apartment complex were searched including buildings, basements, and grounds

- Wooded areas were also searched

- K-9 units and helicopters assisted in the search

- LE has not found any evidence of a struggle at her apartment

- A candlelight vigil was held on 12/10/2016 at the Metlife office building and several hundred people were in attendance

- Investigators are seeking information from anyone who may have seen or found Danielle's keychain with a yellow and green smiley face charm and two keys, as well as her Samsung Galaxy Core Prime cell phone in a rose colored case

- Metlife is offering a $50,000 reward for information that leads to the safe return of Danielle and the arrest and prosecution of whoever is responsible for her disappearance

- Independence Green Apartments is also offering $50,000

- A account was set up by a family friend and has reached more than $25,000, which brings the combined reward total to approximately $125,000

Article dated 12/19/2016:
LE issued statement saying they believed Danielle was the victim of a crime

WXYZ.com article dated 12/26/2016:
LE says they've been collecting evidence at numerous locations and tips they've received have been valuable

Per Fox News article titled "Security Guard's Home Searched In Hunt For Missing Michigan Woman" dated 1/6/2017:

- The home of a security guard who worked at the Metlife building where Danielle worked has been searched

- The security guard worked at the building until October of 2016 and is acquainted with Danielle

- LE is running DNA tests on a mattress seized from the home

- "Evidence and information" led LE to believe the security guard knows Danielle

- LE believe Danielle was abducted after leaving work and do not believe that she drove her car to the apartment complex

- Forensic testing is being conducted on 3 vehicles, including Danielle's vehicle

- The security guard has not been named as an official suspect or person of interest in the case

- Danielle was last spotted leaving work around 5 pm but LE says they do not have surveillance video of her walking to her vehicle

- Danielle's mother also works at Metlife but she was not in the building on the day her daughter disappeared

- 12 agencies, including the FBI, are assisting in the search

Per Fox2News,
Neighbors say LE has been to the Berkley residence several times over the past few weeks

Article dated 1/11/2017:
Senator Judy Emmons will join local leaders, LE officials, and concerned citizens for a vigial in an effort to help raise awareness of Danielle Stislicki. The vigil will be held at 7 pm on Thursday 1/12/2017 at Hubert-Fortiers-O'Grady VFW Post 345 hall located at 27345 Schoolcraft in Redford Township.

People are getting hung up on the wording of a text message that doesn't exist! I'm not sure who or where in the last few threads started it, but the poster was giving a hypothetical example of how the text exchanges between DS and the dinner friend could have gone. There have been no actual text messages released to the public. So, whether the word was meet, meet up, hang out, eat food, smoke weed, whatever, it doesn't matter because it was just an example. I know for me I have tended to catch up on reading posts rather haphazardly and missed things, which is what I think probably happened here. Now it's just snowballed.
IMO

I've discovered that the ignore button is my best friend in this thread...makes it much more pleasant!

No offense, but I'd rather scroll and roll than miss something potentially critical. You just never know who's going to say what and there's no way to know who is behind what screen name which could proove vital. Thanks, but I'll take my chances! No disrespect intended.

Thank you !!! That would be tremendously helpful. :peace:: ::star2::star2::star2:
My friend messaged back- very reputable head reporter for 30+ years.

Hi (my name ) Detroit never asks reporters not to look into a case. Not sure what smaller cities or counties might do. One issue in the example you cite might be libel, though reporting something accurately generally is safe grounds. But there is grey area that might apply to that person whose home was searched....Hope you are well.

Here is a timeline of facts I've compiled from various news articles. I'm sure there may be some information I've missed, but I've tried to be as comprehensive as possible while sticking ONLY to information obtained thru the mainstream media.

Wearing: Blue Eddie Bauer jacket, blue jeans, black zip up shirt, and burgundy boots
Tattoos:
Koi fish - hip
Constellation - shoulder

Danielle was last seen leaving work at Metlife in Southfield, Michigan and her Jeep Renegade was found parked outside of her apartment building (Independence Green Apartments in the area of Halsted & Grand River) around 6 pm on Saturday, December 3rd.

Her vehicle was discovered locked, and her purse, wallet, ID, and credit cards were found inside it.

Per clickondetroit.com,
"[Danielle's] vehicle was left at her home in the area of Halsted and Grand River in Farmington Hills even though she was last seen in Southfield."

Per freep.com,
"[Danielle was] last seen leaving work at about 5 pm Friday in the area of 10 Mile & Telegraph in Southfield, Farmington Hills police Lt. Jeff King said. She was last seen driving her vehicle."

Snipped to keep post short and BBM
I did not know she was seen driving her vehicle.
Thank you for the timeline. So extremely helpful. :loveyou:

Tattoos:
Koi fish - hip
Constellation - shoulder

Per clickondetroit.com,

Per freep.com,

On 12/6/2016, DS' family offered a $10,000 reward for information leading them to the 28 year old.
Per WXYZ.com

Article dated 12/5/2016: LE stated "the reason she is missing is not the issue. Her safety is the concern."

Article on detroit.cbslocal.com dated 12/7/2016:
Investigators request information from anyone who may have seen:
*DS and/or her jeep leaving the Metlife office parking lot on December 2nd
*DS and/or jeep arriving at her apartment complex between 5 pm on 12/2 and 6 pm on 12/3
*DS at any time between 5 pm on 12/2 and 6 pm on 12/3

Article dated 12/13/2016:
Family fears foul play and believe DS was abducted after leaving work

Per Detroit News article
Danielle had asked to leave work earlier than scheduled and had plans to meet up with a longtime female friend.

Per Huffington Post article titled "Danielle Stislicki's Family Fears Foul Play in Metlife Employee's Disappearance:

- DS planned to stop at her Farmington Hills residence before meeting up with her best friend for dinner

- Her friend assumed she had gone to sleep after work when she didn't show

- DS also failed to show for the start of her 8 am shift at Metlife on Saturday morning

- All calls went to voicemail and texts were unanswered

- The lack of communication from DS prompted her friend to check on her. When knocks on her door went unanswered, her friend contacted DS' parents

- Her parents contacted LE after driving to her apartment and finding her car locked with all of her personal belongings in it

- The only items known to be missing are her cell phone, keys, and the clothes Danielle wore to work on December 2nd

- The entire grounds at her apartment complex were searched including buildings, basements, and grounds

- Wooded areas were also searched

- K-9 units and helicopters assisted in the search

- LE has not found any evidence of a struggle at her apartment

- A candlelight vigil was held on 12/10/2016 at the Metlife office building and several hundred people were in attendance

- Investigators are seeking information from anyone who may have seen or found Danielle's keychain with a yellow and green smiley face charm and two keys, as well as her Samsung Galaxy Core Prime cell phone in a rose colored case

- Metlife is offering a $50,000 reward for information that leads to the safe return of Danielle and the arrest and prosecution of whoever is responsible for her disappearance

- Independence Green Apartments is also offering $50,000

- A account was set up by a family friend and has reached more than $25,000, which brings the combined reward total to approximately $125,000

Article dated 12/19/2016:
LE issued statement saying they believed Danielle was the victim of a crime

WXYZ.com article dated 12/26/2016:
LE says they've been collecting evidence at numerous locations and tips they've received have been valuable

Per Fox News article titled "Security Guard's Home Searched In Hunt For Missing Michigan Woman" dated 1/6/2017:

- The home of a security guard who worked at the Metlife building where Danielle worked has been searched

- The security guard worked at the building until October of 2016 and is acquainted with Danielle

- LE is running DNA tests on a mattress seized from the home

- "Evidence and information" led LE to believe the security guard knows Danielle

- LE believe Danielle was abducted after leaving work and do not believe that she drove her car to the apartment complex

- Forensic testing is being conducted on 3 vehicles, including Danielle's vehicle

- The security guard has not been named as an official suspect or person of interest in the case

- Danielle was last spotted leaving work around 5 pm but LE says they do not have surveillance video of her walking to her vehicle

- Danielle's mother also works at Metlife but she was not in the building on the day her daughter disappeared

- 12 agencies, including the FBI, are assisting in the search

Per Fox2News,
Neighbors say LE has been to the Berkley residence several times over the past few weeks

Article dated 1/11/2017:
Senator Judy Emmons will join local leaders, LE officials, and concerned citizens for a vigial in an effort to help raise awareness of Danielle Stislicki. The vigil will be held at 7 pm on Thursday 1/12/2017 at Hubert-Fortiers-O'Grady VFW Post 345 hall located at 27345 Schoolcraft in Redford Township.

Excellent, now how do we get it attached to first page of thread? That way we can link it and people can refer to you easy.

How to say something without saying it! There has been a presence on this forum at times and on other social media platforms which should not be dismissed. That is all! Sorry, but I'm not willing to elaborate!

Whoa...so are you confirming the SG is FG?

Tattoos:
Koi fish - hip
Constellation - shoulder

Per clickondetroit.com,

Per freep.com,

Snipped to keep post short and BBM
I did not know she was seen driving her vehicle.
Thank you for the timeline. So extremely helpful. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member