Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per cnn:

investigators will likely not travel to Peru to question murder suspect Joran van der Sloot until at least the end of August, prosecutor Peter Blanken said Wednesday.

That's good -- doesn't give JVS much hope of getting to Aruba anytime soom :)

MOO

Mel

You heard more details than I did - about the dish rag - TM was cut off and they went to commercial. When they came back, it was not addressed further. I was thinking, 'that's big if true'.

Was that the material that looked a lot likea blueish green halter NH was wearing?

There was never really a conclusion to the story. I think Tim Miller of Equisearch believed and still believes it was NH's body. When ALE came back and said the bones were male, and the fabric didn't match, they wouldn't give the samples to anybody for Tim Miller or NH's father to check, so nothing more could be done about the find.

Tim Miller believed that the fabric in the cage was part of NH's denim skirt. When ALE responded with their results, they said the fabric was tested and it didn't match the bleuish-green halter blouse. Corrupt AND incompetent.

Thanks for answering this because I didn't know the answer. Sounds very fishy imo.

Yes and not even being a websleuther at the time, I remember hearing about someone who went out before daylight in a boat. A friend of Joran's (whose identity has not been revealed) took NH's body out in a boat (a motor boat I think). I'm sort of recalling that they even knew whose boat it was that was used. Was there an end to that story? Was it dismissed?

I remember that in fact I was wondering how that guy must feel hearing that joran wants to spill the beans.

At the time we heard about it there was all sorts of talk about currents and that this guy would know where to dump her body so that she would go out to the ocean.

Oh, yeah...wasn't that in his confession too though. Stephany's clothes were found with him when he was caught I thought....

I don't think so. But I'm on information overload with regards to this case so I'll have to go back and check.

Well, one of the foreign articles I read I believe talked about the taxi drivers saying that he smoked for the whole trip and had his laptop plugged into the cigarette lighter. I believe it was a recent article.

I am impressed that the hotel had internet service. Or maybe he had an air card? ja

Well, one of the foreign articles I read I believe talked about the taxi drivers saying that he smoked for the whole trip and had his laptop plugged into the cigarette lighter. I believe it was a recent article.

OK, IMHO, JVS is throwing the taxi-drivers under the bus. Who in their right mind would say to a taxi driver ---- I just commited murder and need to get to the border. He's setting himself up for insanity, not right in the mind trial, and these taxi-driver are paying for it.

Like eveyone else in Peru, they would have kicked his arss to the curb (IMHO).

I feel sorry for anyone who has come into contact with JVS. They are all his alibis - and nothing is his fault :(

MOO

Mel

Per cnn:

investigators will likely not travel to Peru to question murder suspect Joran van der Sloot until at least the end of August, prosecutor Peter Blanken said Wednesday.

That's good -- doesn't give JVS much hope of getting to Aruba anytime soom :)

MOO

Mel
Very good news. That will be about 3 months from now and in the meantime he has his court appearance on Monday. Oh how I wish there would be video of that! :)

Would have he had internet access while he was in the Taxi? I wouldn't think so but I have never been to Peru or Chile so I don't know. I thought he was pre-occupied being very nervous and chain smoking like no other during his run in the taxi.

I would doubt he had internet connection and was probably trying to clean up files (which the FBI will be able to recover if Lima does not have the ability or resources to do so, though they probably do as well).

With my netbook and my cellphone I can get online anywhere I have cellphone coverage, so it is technically possible that he was online.

Did he have a cellphone with him? I don't recall that being reported.

OK, IMHO, JVS is throwing the taxi-drivers under the bus. Who in their right mind would say to a taxi driver ---- I just commited murder and need to get to the border. He's setting himself up for insanity, not right in the mind trial, and these taxi-driver are paying for it.

Like eveyone else in Peru, they would have kicked his arss to the curb (IMHO).

I feel sorry for anyone who has come into contact with JVS. They are all his alibis - and nothing is his fault :(

MOO

Mel

That's what I wrote earlier today, when someone wrote that he had confessed to the drivers. I said he ran the risk that they would not want to take him anywhere regardless of what he might pay, as they risked too much.

He was likely just mad at the driver for "extorting" him for the watch etc. That's his job (extortion.)

I remember that in fact I was wondering how that guy must feel hearing that joran wants to spill the beans.

At the time we heard about it there was all sorts of talk about currents and that this guy would know where to dump her body so that she would go out to the ocean.

There are scads of people in Aruba who are scared to death that Joran will spill the beans, as well they should be. In fact, there have been a couple of deaths recently of Aruban folks connected with the 'investigation'. A heart attack and a stroke, IIRC.

Thanks for answering this because I didn't know the answer. Sounds very fishy imo.

It's was so hard to get info that you could trust on the NH case, and now with this case it's the same thing. You hear so much stuff that's misreported, and so many of the talking heads don't really know what they're talking about. Ugh!

Can you find the link to the article please and post it. Thanks.

Nums24-- Thank you for responding to my post re coffee run on the previous thread.
If that camera was indeed rolling the entire time, and he was not on it going out for coffee, he's in trouble. I wouldn't put it past the Judge to throw out his confession entirely.

Your welcome! I was doing some more research and I found this:

Snipped:

Guardia said Van der Sloot said he killed Flores because she found out about the Aruba case by using his laptop without his permission while went out for two cups of coffee and rolls.

But he said police do not necessarily believe him and think he may have killed Flores beforehand.

Col. Miguel Canlla, chief of homicide investigations, told the AP that Van der Sloot took off his shirt after strangling Flores and put it on her. He said the Dutchman wanted to put her body into a suitcase but couldn't.

"He is cold, calculating and cynical," Canlla said.

The evidence against the Van der Sloot includes hotel security camera video showing him and Flores entering his hotel room together and the Dutchman leaving alone four hours later.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/jun/11/4/police-dutchman-says-he-knows-holloway-location-ar-105387/

i dont think that he got coffee..i am aware everyone was reporting that he did. but that was in the first flush of news reports.

it WAS part of his "story" but he is a liar. he made up his story while trying to get away,(he had plenty of time and his story was right out of a lawyers sons handbook) and the coffee and the computer were part of it.

none of it true. i'll change my mind when I see the "coffee video" but I don't think that is going to happen.

Yes, I agree and I do need to see more of the video.
Joran had smoked a joint and taken amphetimines. He seems quite confused
as to what to do next.

It appears to me that he's taking old coffee cups out with him. The way he's holding them appears they are empty. JMO.

I did a search for "taxi drivers" in the Crimes In The News Forum and up pops lots of stuff.

Here is only one to reference:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5243870&postcount=696"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran van der Sloot strikes again, another girl murdered[/ame]

We have a wealth of information that came through early on with links that can be easily found by a search with a couple of key words.

There are scads of people in Aruba who are scared to death that Joran will spill the beans, as well they should be. In fact, there have been a couple of deaths recently of Aruban folks connected with the 'investigation'. A heart attack and a stroke, IIRC.

I think they need to offer some serious reward money and possibly some immunity if the person who dumped her body just fesses up and leads them to the remains.

From the recent posting the statute of limitations on a manslaughter charge is only six years in Aruba, so I would imagine the statute of limitations on disposing of evidence or abuse of a corpse is even less and thus already up.

It is not that I think that person should not be held accountable, but it would bring closure to the Holloway family (much over due) and take any shred of leverage Joran thinks he has with that piece of information.

Unless his daddy personally handled the disposal and never told Joran the details, there is someone else out there that knows where her body is.

Can you find the link to the article please and post it. Thanks.

I remember that also but no clue where I read it...maybe it was in one about where they were questioning the drivers. Not sure.

Yes, I agree and I do need to see more of the video.
Joran had smoked a joint and taken amphetimines. He seems quite confused
as to what to do next.

It appears to me that he's taking old coffee cups out with him. The way he's holding them appears they are empty. JMO.

Joran says he smoked a joint and took speed... his drug test showed neither.

I have a FaceBook acct & it automatically put Lil Wayne as music I like. Never in my almost 40 years have I listened to Lil Wayne. I'd believe it if he typed it out, but if it was part of his profile, probably not.
Wait, did I just say "I'd believe it" to anything he said, even if typed :waitasec:

Why does the FB put the music you supposedly like? That's weird.
In other words FB, "Don't put words on my page!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member