OFF TOPIC Chit-Chat

You know what makes this most frustrating?
In Arkansas there was a law passed that requires DNA testing for certain types of offenders. It is called, "Juli's Law". This same type of law has been presented to Oklahoma legislatures and they were not interested. I had a very small part in working on passing Juli's Law and have tried w/ no success to have the same law introduced into Oklahoma.

The bizarre thing about Juli's law? It was based on an OU student that was abducted, assaulted and killed. Only through DNA testing was her attacker eventually found. (He was in a Lawton, OK jail on unrelated charges). Juli was the sister of a friend of mine. We have done so much to try and get Oklahoma legislatures to present a law similar to Juli's and yet they have no interest. In the spirit of "we want to do whatever we can to help LE", I think I will contact the legislatures of this bill and see what they have to stay about a law similar to the one passed in Arkansas.

Anyone interested in the Juli's Law can google it and read all about it.
The victim that the law was based upon was "Juli Buskin". She was a ballerina that attended OU. Her family (and her) are from Arkansas.

Fire kills 6 people in Weleetka,OK.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12986176

When will the tragedies stop for this little town??? Just so sad.

This is so sad!

Did you realize that two of the children are Tavis Southern's children? Their mother is Crystal Kelough who is Dillon Harris's sister. I feel so sorry for her and her son! Poor little boy. Such tragedy!

Tavis Southern was one of the people who was supposedly in the area the day Taylor and Skyla were killed. I can't remember if he was one of the men on four wheelers.

This is so sad!

Did you realize that two of the children are Tavis Southern's children? Their mother is Crystal Kelough who is Dillon Harris's sister. I feel so sorry for her and her son! Poor little boy. Such tragedy!

Tavis Southern was one of the people who was supposedly in the area the day Taylor and Skyla were killed. I can't remember if he was one of the men on four wheelers.

It's good to see you, CC.

When I read the names Southern and Kelough, my ole brain got to thinkin.

I still haven't read how the fire started. I'm curious as to what the little boy said to the investigators. Especially, in regards to the odor of gasoline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back