Haleigh's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope one day we can come here and find she has been found!

I pray that when a new sheriff is elected in November, and I am sure there will be since informal polls and stuff I've been reading about Hardy show he's toast, they allow the FBI to take over the case.

I believe if something hasn't worked, change it up. Try a different way. But then again, Hardy had a plate of crime handed to him. He managed to get 24mil off the street of course with help and many others that I saw. But his camera shy ways aren't appealing to some, like me. They needed help but of course there were so many facts they LE didn't have, so much confusion as to who to believe. I believe if they eliminate that confusion, don't use it at all, Haleigh has a better chance to be found and those guilty or possibly just one, will give some justice to her demise for her family. jmo The public knows the area, now help find Haleigh. RIP Haleigh. xoxo

I believe if something hasn't worked, change it up. Try a different way. But then again, Hardy had a plate of crime handed to him. He managed to get 24mil off the street of course with help and many others that I saw. But his camera shy ways aren't appealing to some, like me. They needed help but of course there were so many facts they LE didn't have, so much confusion as to who to believe. I believe if they eliminate that confusion, don't use it at all, Haleigh has a better chance to be found and those guilty or possibly just one, will give some justice to her demise for her family. jmo The public knows the area, now help find Haleigh. RIP Haleigh. xoxo
I agree, and I also think this LE kept too many details from the public. Only the most gullible person could believe Misty really wasn't a POI or suspect. She admitted to being the last person to see Haleigh and then failed multiple LDTs. That alone should have made her a POI, so what was the point in not saying so? Anyway, LE being so consumed with keeping every little bit of information from the public, slowed the pace of the investigation down, IMO. I also think they were too worried about what outsiders were doing and saying. It was like everybody who wasn't a part of their tight knit group, was an enemy and was made to leave. LE should have been less worried with these outsiders, and more focused on Haleigh. IMO, all that worrying, just wasted valuable time. Now, there isn't much outside interest to worry with, and LE is free to focus on the investigation, but it still hasn't moved along. The last statement I read, LE was back to saying the abduction probably wasn't the work of a stranger. Alrighty then...back to square 1, and still no Haleigh.

I agree, and I also think this LE kept too many details from the public. Only the most gullible person could believe Misty really wasn't a POI or suspect. She admitted to being the last person to see Haleigh and then failed multiple LDTs. That alone should have made her a POI, so what was the point in not saying so? Anyway, LE being so consumed with keeping every little bit of information from the public, slowed the pace of the investigation down, IMO. I also think they were too worried about what outsiders were doing and saying. It was like everybody who wasn't a part of their tight knit group, was an enemy and was made to leave. LE should have been less worried with these outsiders, and more focused on Haleigh. IMO, all that worrying, just wasted valuable time. Now, there isn't much outside interest to worry with, and LE is free to focus on the investigation, but it still hasn't moved along. The last statement I read, LE was back to saying the abduction probably wasn't the work of a stranger. Alrighty then...back to square 1, and still no Haleigh.

I doubt that much info LE didn't tell us stopped them from solving the case. And what difference does it make whether Misty is called a POI or suspect or the key? That's a word game to me. And whether Misty admitted to be the last known person to have seen HaLeigh -- technically that would be the person that disposed of her. I'm more concerned that it appears that LE has been stuck on one train track.

I doubt that much info LE didn't tell us stopped them from solving the case. And what difference does it make whether Misty is called a POI or suspect or the key? That's a word game to me. And whether Misty admitted to be the last known person to have seen HaLeigh -- technically that would be the person that disposed of her. I'm more concerned that it appears that LE has been stuck on one train track.
yeah, it looks like they've been stuck on 1 train track, and that's part of what I was talking about. IDK, but if they had been more open and called the suspects, suspects, (if there are any), maybe witnesses would have been a little more open themselves. For instance...if LE believed Misty was responsible for Haleigh's death, them calling her a suspect might have convinced an outside witness that the investigation was coming to a head, so, out of fear of getting into trouble for hiding information or lying, he might have been more apt to come forward. But Misty not being called a suspect, might have given that same witness the impression, that she was beating the system, so therefore he didn't want to interfere. And I don't think Misty was necessarily a suspect, I just used her as an example. One of the few times LE was open with information, was when they said they had reason to believe Misty wasn't at the trailer the whole night, and asked the public for help. Did anything ever come of that? besides Tommy saying he banged on the door and nobody was home? I Still think Misty was more than likely gone, but what that means, IDK. She could have been anywhere, doing anything, and the kids could have been with her or home alone. MOO.

yeah, it looks like they've been stuck on 1 train track, and that's part of what I was talking about. IDK, but if they had been more open and called the suspects, suspects, (if there are any), maybe witnesses would have been a little more open themselves. For instance...if LE believed Misty was responsible for Haleigh's death, them calling her a suspect might have convinced an outside witness that the investigation was coming to a head, so, out of fear of getting into trouble for hiding information or lying, he might have been more apt to come forward. But Misty not being called a suspect, might have given that same witness the impression, that she was beating the system, so therefore he didn't want to interfere. And I don't think Misty was necessarily a suspect, I just used her as an example. One of the few times LE was open with information, was when they said they had reason to believe Misty wasn't at the trailer the whole night, and asked the public for help. Did anything ever come of that? besides Tommy saying he banged on the door and nobody was home? I Still think Misty was more than likely gone, but what that means, IDK. She could have been anywhere, doing anything, and the kids could have been with her or home alone. MOO.

I've not been to law school but I believe there is a legality that prevents LE from naming someone a suspect unless they are about to make an arrest. Has to do with the person's rights. Not sure where I heard it, but heard that is where the poi came in. Have no idea where the Misty is a key comes from.

That's also one reason, I don't put anything into the Tommy is a suspect thing. Word games.

I'm definitely not convinced that Misty was at the mh that night, but then I have yet to see any strong evidence that HaLeigh was either.

If HaLeigh was dumped into St John's River, like it's been said, there is likely nothing to find.

No, not plausible, but if Jrs account is accepted, then most of the other theories add up even less. Since Jr's version came out so soon after the abduction, I do believe it's close to the truth. My main problem with it though, is Misty staying asleep after Jr woke up. I do think he would have woke her, and I do Not think an abductor would have risked hanging around, if she was there. If I remember correctly, Misty did at one time, admit to waking up while Jr crawled over her...obviously, if this was enough to wake her up, she would have woke up if someone was prowling around, just inches away. So IMO, she was probably gone, and for whatever reasons, lied about it. Or she woke up, and for some reason, pretended to stay asleep. I don't think Misty would have been paralyzed by fear, so if she Did pretend to sleep, it may have been because it was an arranged abduction...but, I don't think so. Misty had been gone for days and had just gotten back to the house, so there wouldn't have been time or motive, to set up an abduction. And if she set it up, she should have jumped on Jr's account...but for some reason, she never really did. Anyway, after thinking about Jr's account, and thinking about how confident LE seemed to be that Misty was gone, I think she probably Was gone. And not wanting to admit it, is what started the chain of lies. Also, RC calling Tommy and asking if Misty was with him, is a pretty good indicator that he knew she was gone, and therefore the kids were alone...which would be a motive for him to hide the truth. Which all brings up a weird connection. Jr supposedly heard squeaky shoes, and LC later threw Tommy's boots away. I wonder what kind of boots they were, and what they sounded like. Wet shoes squeak... Anyway, none of this explains Tommy's actions, and considering that he was always in the middle of everything, I do think he was involved somehow...and Misty knows it, and he knows Misty knows it. He took RC's call, so he knew the kids were alone, and IMO, that's opportunity. So, I can't rule Tommy out as the abductor. But, I am confused about the all black and squeaky shoes. Unless Tommy was fishing or messing around the water, how would his boots have gotten wet? I do remember LE following a trail down to the water, so maybe a boat was used?

Okay, what I'm trying to get at is IMO this stuff shouldn't be looked at as 'convenient' to what we think may or may not have happened.

In this post, you state you believe Jr.'s account was accurate, then you later state you think Misty wasn't there, yet didn't Jr. say she was?

My way of looking at this has been to see what adds up the best, not (sorry, people) 'how can I make Ron be innocent'.

So many people, IMO, have not told the truth about what was going on. Again, I don't think Jr. was lying, but what he said may or may not be accurate, IF he even said it. So, let's just focus on what Jr. said to either accept it or rule it out. Does what he said hold up to everything we know up to this point?

If anyone has a link to exactly what Crystal said Jr. said, I would really appreciate it. IMO, it would be better to judge this on getting as close as possible to exactly what Jr. supposedly told Crystal. TIA

Okay, what I'm trying to get at is IMO this stuff shouldn't be looked at as 'convenient' to what we think may or may not have happened.

In this post, you state you believe Jr.'s account was accurate, then you later state you think Misty wasn't there, yet didn't Jr. say she was?

My way of looking at this has been to see what adds up the best, not (sorry, people) 'how can I make Ron be innocent'.

So many people, IMO, have not told the truth about what was going on. Again, I don't think Jr. was lying, but what he said may or may not be accurate, IF he even said it. So, let's just focus on what Jr. said to either accept it or rule it out. Does what he said hold up to everything we know up to this point?

If anyone has a link to exactly what Crystal said Jr. said, I would really appreciate it. IMO, it would be better to judge this on getting as close as possible to exactly what Jr. supposedly told Crystal. TIA
I do believe Jr's account is close to the truth. The only part of this story that I'm questioning, is whether Misty was sleeping beside him. I don't believe for a second that the whole man in black with squeaky shoes story was planted, but I do think it's possible, (but not a garuntee), that somebody convinced him that Misty was sleeping beside him. The story can stand alone with or without Misty there, but IMO, it makes more sense if she was gone. IMO, a man took Haleigh and Jr witnessed it. IMO, Jr waking up and seeing the whole thing isn't unbelievable at all. Waking up, during an inches away abduction, is logical. Sleeping through an inches away abduction, is illogical. Also, if we factor in, (which I do), LE's early reports of Misty maybe not being at the trailer, it becomes pretty clear, (to me anyway), that it's possible that Misty was gone when Haleigh was taken...and Jr saw the whole thing, and then later, somebody convinced him, Misty was there and asleep. IMO, what happened after Misty got home, is why she has been labeled 'the key'. Was it Misty's scream that a neighbor reported hearing? If it was, what kind of scream was it? one of shock? horror? anger? Who all did she call? Her mother said she called and talked to HC, saying she couldn't find Haleigh. Is this the truth? I can understand a missing child, making a person panic, but not to the point of screaming so loud, the neighbors could hear. But, I Can see finding a deceased child, and screaming loud enough for the neighbors to hear. Or, if Jr told her about the man in black, I can see her screaming...because then she would know that Haleigh hadn't simply wandered outside. And judging from the 911, both she and RC were sure that Haleigh had been taken. All just MOO.

Thanks for this link. There's a longer clip of this interview, where CS says that Misty was supposedly asleep. I'll try to find it.

Geraldo - 2/28/09 Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

Thanks to Lil Momma for the original clip. This is part two of that clip, which repeats the part with Crystal and Jr. and also goes into Crystal asking Jr. if Misty was there.

I wish we knew what, if anything, Jr. told LE. This clip is dated 2/28, and Crystal refers to not asking Jr. on the Friday when she first got him, but she doesn't say which Friday, so it's unclear just how much time has passed between Haleigh's disappearance and Jr. telling Crystal this story.

I do believe Jr's account is close to the truth. The only part of this story that I'm questioning, is whether Misty was sleeping beside him. I don't believe for a second that the whole man in black with squeaky shoes story was planted, but I do think it's possible, (but not a garuntee), that somebody convinced him that Misty was sleeping beside him. The story can stand alone with or without Misty there, but IMO, it makes more sense if she was gone. IMO, a man took Haleigh and Jr witnessed it. IMO, Jr waking up and seeing the whole thing isn't unbelievable at all. Waking up, during an inches away abduction, is logical. Sleeping through an inches away abduction, is illogical. Also, if we factor in, (which I do), LE's early reports of Misty maybe not being at the trailer, it becomes pretty clear, (to me anyway), that it's possible that Misty was gone when Haleigh was taken...and Jr saw the whole thing, and then later, somebody convinced him, Misty was there and asleep. IMO, what happened after Misty got home, is why she has been labeled 'the key'. Was it Misty's scream that a neighbor reported hearing? If it was, what kind of scream was it? one of shock? horror? anger? Who all did she call? Her mother said she called and talked to HC, saying she couldn't find Haleigh. Is this the truth? I can understand a missing child, making a person panic, but not to the point of screaming so loud, the neighbors could hear. But, I Can see finding a deceased child, and screaming loud enough for the neighbors to hear. Or, if Jr told her about the man in black, I can see her screaming...because then she would know that Haleigh hadn't simply wandered outside. And judging from the 911, both she and RC were sure that Haleigh had been taken. All just MOO.

Back to just what Jr. said, what do we know that either makes this plausible or rules it out?

Jr. said a black man in black took Haleigh. He says Haleigh didn't wake up. He says Misty was there and she didn't wake up. It's unclear if he went back to sleep afterwards or not. He also says the man had squeaky shoes.

Misty's original story supports this. This also rules out the Croslins and the Cummings, as afaik, none of them are 'black'. This would also seem to rule out pretty much everything involving the Croslins and Cummings behavior in the aftermath. The van probably wasn't involved. Tommy's 'confession' is bs. Either the doors weren't locked, or the perp was very good at breaking in and not leaving evidence. LE's statements don't seem to back up this story, either. How is Misty 'the key' if she slept through the whole thing or wasn't there? LE has also said the evidence doesn't match the statements made, they seem to have more or less ruled out an intruder, and they seemed pretty confident in their belief, after searching around the docks because of Tommy's story, they were looking at a homicide.

What else do we know that supports or rules out Jr.'s story?

Why did RC make such a big deal that it wasn't true?

We, none of us who have been active on these threads, will ever find justice for little Haleigh, MOO. Hope I am wrong!

Why did RC make such a big deal that it wasn't true?
IDK, but RC wouldn't know 1 way or the other, if the story was true, because he wasn't there...but here is a little theory. If Misty was gone, she and RC would both have had reason to keep this information from LE, and they'd steer clear of any story that had her gone. There's no way of knowing exactly what Jr told LE, but it looks like there was some evidence that didn't mesh. 1st of all, if Jr said Misty was sleeping, she should have jumped all over his story as proof that she was telling the truth...but she never really did. Secondly, LE did say they had reason to think Misty wasn't at the trailer the whole night. If an outside witness came forward with concrete disputable information, that would be one thing, but evidently this wasn't the case...because LE asked for contrary witnesses to come forward. So, why did they do this? My guess is that either Jrs story, (at least at the time), didn't include Misty at home asleep, or a neighbor said Misty was gone. Even though Jr was really young, I don't think LE would have disregarded the key element of Misty being asleep, in favor of a neighbor's account. I've always wondered why RC was so quick to dismiss this story, any story actually, while Haleigh was missing, and the only reason I can think of, is there was a detail, (maybe something we didn't hear), that he didn't want pursued. MOO

I want to say a few things about what I just wrote. First of all, it's just a theory that might help explain a few things, but it also raises a few more questions. If Misty was gone, and up to anything less than killing or disposing of Haleigh, why hasn't she recanted? And the same for RC. If his original worry was simply that he knew the kids were home alone, then why hasn't he admitted it? But, Misty at least, is still holding steady to sleeping through the whole thing...except for her little foray into blaming JO and hiding under the covers, that is. So, maybe she Did sleep through all or most of it. As hard as that is to swallow, maybe what CS said Jr said, is exactly what happened... which also raises a lot of questions, but what doesn't raise questions? MOO

I want to say a few things about what I just wrote. First of all, it's just a theory that might help explain a few things, but it also raises a few more questions. If Misty was gone, and up to anything less than killing or disposing of Haleigh, why hasn't she recanted? And the same for RC. If his original worry was simply that he knew the kids were home alone, then why hasn't he admitted it? But, Misty at least, is still holding steady to sleeping through the whole thing...except for her little foray into blaming JO and hiding under the covers, that is. So, maybe she Did sleep through all or most of it. As hard as that is to swallow, maybe what CS said Jr said, is exactly what happened... which also raises a lot of questions, but what doesn't raise questions? MOO

LVA Misty took revealed her story about that night was FALSE. IMHO Haleigh was deceased before Misty claims she put her to bed at 8:00 pm..
Ronald Cummings knows where Haleigh's remains are, as does his mother and GGMS....Misty does not know and neither do any of the other Croslins where haleigh's remains are located......JMHO.

We, none of us who have been active on these threads, will ever find justice for little Haleigh, MOO. Hope I am wrong!

I've been feeling this same way more and more lately. SOMEBODY did this, and they've been living with it for over three years now, and apparently they are okay with it. I will never understand how anyone can do the things to children I read about in here, much less not appear to lose a minute's sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam