NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 2

That timeline would be totally inaccurate by NC Wanted. Home teacher left at 7:00pm it takes 25-35 minutes to go to Morrisville, depending on time of day, speed etc. He claims he left 8:00 - 8:30.

Testimony stated he was NOT there for warm up so he did arrive late as the game starts at exactly 9:00pm

He had from 7:00 to 8:30 to kill her, clean up, dispose of the laptop, the knife, the clothes he was wearing and get to the game on time. The neck wound was fatal, and she would have died shortly after that, so what two minutes. How long does it take to throw your laptop, murder weapon clothes etc. into some receptacle, be it bag, box, etc. and get dressed and go drop it off and go play a game?

There are how many ponds and lakes from Durham to Morrissville? Hamilton Road to 40 to Aviation Aviation Parkway there are several ponds and a few lakes including Lake Johnson Park, Parkers Pond, Lake Raleigh, Reedy Creek, Crabtree Creek, Briar Creek etc. and a ton of unnamed ponds and creeks. Google Map it and you will see these are each just a few minutes off 40. It would have taken no time to drop off the clothes, laptop and knife, get to soccer, play the game, stop at a gas station for your gatorade and then come home and attempt to do the best acting job ever!

There was testimony that she was already dead and in a state of rigomortis that would lend to the fact that she was not murdered minutes before or after he came home.

He left that baby in the crib while Janet laid dead in the room. He knew Kaiden was safe asleep in his crib, imo

Forgive me for sounding dumb, but I am getting the impression from the testimony that Janet was afraid of Raven, he wanted out of the marriage, he was making around $30K annually but was spending much more than that, there were severe financial problems, he embezzled money from his employer, for which he was fired and arrested, he inquired about a $500K insurance policy for his wife, he was about to get fired from the job he found after he was fired for embezzlement, Janet was newly pregnant and realizing she could not stay with him, he was very controlling and verbally abusive, the only things missing from the house were Raven's laptop and the murder weapon, Janet's sister found a disc with the back up of the missing laptop, made the day before the murder, Janet's diamond engagement and wedding rings were left undisturbed by the sink, timeline and stories told by Raven to others do not match, testimony states Raven lied many times... To me it seems that Raven did commit this crime, and also, he planned it in advance. He had the motive (she wanted to leave him, he needed money), the means (no sign of break in, he had the knife) and definitely the opportunity (no signs of struggle or rape). Ugh. I feel sick.

I recall an NC Wanted piece about time of death and the timing pointing to Raven.
Anyone else remember? I have searched NCW and can't locate the piece.
Was I dreaming?

Seems like I do -- I'll look around, too. Maybe it would be in a WTVD or WRAL article somewhere...

Did we discuss this here on WS? Seems like we would have...

Good Morning Peeps -- a bit late to the Monday Morning Party...:seeya:

I think this dna testimony may confuse the jurors. And, even though I know my dna I found the tech to be confusing myself. Any one else?

Agreed, Cherry - I think I'm a pretty smart person, and I was completely confused by the dna. I don't think that's a win for either side.

Did you guys see who was in the courtroom!!! Vanessa!!!! Ahhh!!! This is going to be very interesting. WRAL PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR VIDEO MESS UP TODAY!!!!

Did you guys see who was in the courtroom!!! Vanessa!!!! Ahhh!!! This is going to be very interesting. WRAL PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR VIDEO MESS UP TODAY!!!!

If they do there is always abc11.com they have been airing the trial (sometimes) as well. I've used them for backup a few times. I hate the ten minute timer on wral. The DNA testimony was very confusing. I didn't bode well for either side and I was also wondering at one point the BABY's dna..then they went there. Clearly they made mistakes and had other markers but not enough of them. I'd like to have a better DNA analyst take the stand.

Prev witness testified just short to being raped by him. IOW she testified that she felt she had no other choice; didn't want to have sex with him and had no way "out" was "back into a corner". Cried terribly on the stand, and I really felt badly for her. Clearly she was terrified of him. Def tried to prove she changed her testimony in the last five yrs adding the word aggressive to her testimony. Not just a sexual encounter...etc.

Def now bringing up again this new witness has had conversations online with the defendant. Def team seems to have issues with online info.

This poor girl was so nervous. Look how many lives Raven touched and tainted.

Omg that's right his ex wife. Thanks! I have not seen photos of her but her testimony must be coming up. (wow) Def is objecting to all character witnesses testimony but the judge has proffered and is allowing; testimony continues at 11:45 with same witness.

Were you talking to yourself over there? I did that too.
How's your foot?

Good morning. I am trying to navigate to both threads, but I did just write to a mod and ask them to lock this thread down so that we don't have two conversations going on at once. It's hard to keep a conversation going with two threads.

The foot is good today... thanks very much for asking. I threw the crutches in a corner because they were hurting me more than the foot. It's still swollen and sore as heck but I will survive. Very annoying, but not nearly as painful as it was. I removed the ace bandage and that was a mistake. Going to put it back on right now. It's been hot as heck out here in CA over the weekend and the bandage was itchy. LOL!!

I'm going to move over to the Week 3 thread and wait patiently for a mod to close this thread. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back