It Can't Happen Here - 2nd Edition - Answers In The Sand

Eloc gave her the notes with the Hart interview, right? He gave her so much info . Why the ooen hostility when the goal was to find Jacob?

I wonder if she did anything special with the info Eloc gave her that we have not heard about? Has she been able to interview Heinrich or his rellies or neighbors?

Except because she is working with the family, she respected their wishes not to do one?

Last I heard she was doing a book. One of the guys from Cold Spring who used to post here mentioned it a while ago.

Last I heard she was doing a book. One of the guys from Cold Spring who used to post here mentioned it a while ago.

Ok well hopefully she can still go forward with it despite Elocs books.

I imagine she has to do a total rewrite as she thought it was Hart who did it.

I wonder why she did not grasp the significance of the notes that Eloc gave her and went down the Hart path?

There is no reason she could not write her own book, although she did state on her blog that she was not writing a book. Our writing perspectives and styles are very different. I go with the straight ahead matter of fact approach to the overall investigation and history of the case, while Joy tended to focus on victims and the emotional appeal of the case. Not saying one way is right or wrong, because ultimately that is determined by the reader, and by history. We just have different styles and objectives.

And again, I'll reiterate that the need for the book was rooted in the fact that no one was listening to what was being found. Not the reporters, not Stearns, and not Joy. Yes, the notes pretty clearly pointed to Heinrich as the likely perp in Jared's case as well as Jacob's, and I twice suggested Heinrich to her as the perp, per the Hart notes and conversations with Larry Peart. She was zeroed in and Hart and the media followed suit. Based on the feedback fr Stearns it appeared they were zeroed in on Rassier.

The huge problem with emotional attachments is that it tends to lead the beholder in a single direction and kind of a tunnel vision approach. People see what they want to see and they let their emotional involvement affect and direct their processing of information. We've seen it several times in this case.

Yes ELOC several posters here as well as local LE got that tunnel vision.

There is no reason she could not write her own book, although she did state on her blog that she was not writing a book. Our writing perspectives and styles are very different. I go with the straight ahead matter of fact approach to the overall investigation and history of the case, while Joy tended to focus on victims and the emotional appeal of the case. Not saying one way is right or wrong, because ultimately that is determined by the reader, and by history. We just have different styles and objectives.

And again, I'll reiterate that the need for the book was rooted in the fact that no one was listening to what was being found. Not the reporters, not Stearns, and not Joy. Yes, the notes pretty clearly pointed to Heinrich as the likely perp in Jared's case as well as Jacob's, and I twice suggested Heinrich to her as the perp, per the Hart notes and conversations with Larry Peart. She was zeroed in and Hart and the media followed suit. Based on the feedback fr Stearns it appeared they were zeroed in on Rassier.

The huge problem with emotional attachments is that it tends to lead the beholder in a single direction and kind of a tunnel vision approach. People see what they want to see and they let their emotional involvement affect and direct their processing of information. We've seen it several times in this case.

So DR is basically a non issue at this point and Heinrich is definitely the perp. Now that the beef with LE is out there, whats next?

So DR is basically a non issue at this point and Heinrich is definitely the perp. Now that the beef with LE is out there, whats next?

I'm not ready to rule out that there was an accessory after the fact, someone that knows where Jacob is. But IMO DR should be cleared.

I'm not ready to rule out that there was an accessory after the fact, someone that knows where Jacob is. But IMO DR should be cleared.

Wow, this poor guy has been through enough. How does DR feel? Is he ready to sue or just going to wait as well?

Anything interesting from the talks? Did anyone here go?

I would like to hear more specific details about LE and Media personnel refusing to hear information. Did they just flat out refuse you before hearing what it was, or did they both refuse you after you had described the info you had? It's a serious accusation imo.

I would like to hear more specific details about LE and Media personnel refusing to hear information. Did they just flat out refuse you before hearing what it was, or did they both refuse you after you had described the info you had? It's a serious accusation imo.

I wouldn't say anyone is refusing anything, and I don't think I used that word or certainly didn't mean to imply that. What I meant was, LE and media were not "listening" or responding to what I thought were pretty important pieces of information. The media generally just kinda chases after interesting or dramatized things, it seems. I think part of that comes from dwindling media resources, because as the free internet news sources grow and things get put out there instantly, there are fewer and fewer actual journalists out there beating the drum.

From the standpoint of LE, it appears they were zeroed in on DR and uninterested in things that didn't go in that direction...IMO

Is this what you meant, Sas? Or do you mean AFTER the arrest of Heinrich?

Anything interesting from the talks? Did anyone here go?

I was at both! LOL. I thought they went pretty well, the one at CSBU was more relaxed because I had done it once before. Was very nice to meet Dan and several other people. The students didn't have many questions but there were plenty of them from the general public.

Paynesville went pretty well too, but there I focused a lot on the problems with media focusing on things that are not true, such as blaming Paynesville Police for not doing enough in 1986/1987. That's complete baloney, and the newspaper articles and police reports clearly point to Paynesville Police consistently taking the lead and Stearns being relied on for help. The very first article about the Paynesville assault cases directed people with information to contact Paynesville Police or Crimestoppers. Crimestoppers was a Stearns County program, so therefore they were in the loop about those cases from the very beginning, IMO.

I wouldn't say anyone is refusing anything, and I don't think I used that word or certainly didn't mean to imply that. What I meant was, LE and media were not "listening" or responding to what I thought were pretty important pieces of information. The media generally just kinda chases after interesting or dramatized things, it seems. I think part of that comes from dwindling media resources, because as the free internet news sources grow and things get put out there instantly, there are fewer and fewer actual journalists out there beating the drum.

From the standpoint of LE, it appears they were zeroed in on DR and uninterested in things that didn't go in that direction...IMO

Is this what you meant, Sas? Or do you mean AFTER the arrest of Heinrich?

How much do they have to do to prove they have never been zeroed in on a single person (The Hunt, Hubers, Heinrich). Another outrageous public attack on local le and the media.

Yes, re Paynesville. I did not live in the area, but I started posting on here in 2009 asking who the turkey farmer was from Paynesville. I had a 19 plus year memory of the molester that was talked about in the papers in MN at the time. It was so fuzzy but I remembered Paynesville but had it all mixed up wifh a turkey laborer molester who was not on a turkey farm at all.

JBrown figured out who I was talking about even though I had it all mixed up. If I knew about it not even living in the area, for sure people living in the area had to know unless they never read or heard the news or cared enough to be interested

That implies 2.....culprits as it were

Yes, re Paynesville. I did not live in the area, but I started posting on here in 2009 asking who the turkey farmer was from Paynesville. I had a 19 plus year memory of the molester that was talked about in the papers in MN at the time. It was so fuzzy but I remembered Paynesville but had it all mixed up wifh a turkey laborer molester who was not on a turkey farm at all.

JBrown figured out who I was talking about even though I had it all mixed up. If I knew about it not even living in the area, for sure people living in the area had to know unless they never read or heard the news or cared enough to be interested

You got that right! I do remember you posting exactly as you described.

If any of you happen to live in the area of south-central Minnesota, I'll be at the Wabasso Community Center at 7:00 PM, Thursday April 21st. "Answers In The Sand" will be available there for $15 each, profits from the sale of the book will be donated to the Wabasso Library.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSuth07
Back