The Sidebar - Harris Trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the ME said that Cooper didn't eat anything else that morning besides potatoes. I think he said that is all he could identify, but that was pretty much the extent of the testimony about stomach contents. I don't believe he testified about whether Cooper could have fully digested something he ate that morning or if there were other contents that were just not recognizable in solid form.

I don't think this is an issue.
Thanks, I was wondering about the confidence rating of the stomach contents. Primarily due to ME turnover.

OTOH, Like Hope pointed out, RH was really misrepresenting himself to LH. Too many details covering up his weakness (which makes me suspect NPD behavior).

RBBM. I agree. I also think that Cooper didn't appear like maybe RH (or any speaking only for myself) how would think one would look if found when/like RH found Cooper and was taken out of car. I guess my thoughts/mind would go to graphic thoughts/movie/tv stuff. IIRC he said he looked peaceful. (vs bloated, skin slippage so forth sorry but that what I thought when I heard him first time re how Cooper looked) You could see quick look of Cooper in couple photos, and it would be a better/more comforting visual than the prev graphic. JMHO *neither is what should have been, we all agree he should have been at LAA. But that not what happened.

But why volunteer that information at all? IIRC she didn't ask him how he looked. I just don't understand lying about information that was never requested to begin with.

I'm not sure the ME said that Cooper didn't eat anything else that morning besides potatoes. I think he said that is all he could identify, but that was pretty much the extent of the testimony about stomach contents. I don't believe he testified about whether Cooper could have fully digested something he ate that morning or if there were other contents that were just not recognizable in solid form.

Interesting find......
What is interesting about digestion process that people may not hear before is the different rate of digestion that may depend on the various elements of food.
Carbohydrates come first and the easiest to digest, while meats and fats take the longest to clear on our digestive system.

It's a credibility issue for RH imo

But why volunteer that information at all? IIRC she didn't ask him how he looked. I just don't understand lying about information that was never requested to begin with.

I think he thought she would care to know. It doesn't seem like she cared or was concerned at all.

Because it's on his mind.
In his mind he sees a rigormortis baby with discolored lips, eyes partially open and green (which is the tell tale sign for the body beginning to breakdown) across his belly.

He is in self preservation mode...make LH think as bad as it was, cooper looked peaceful and heavenly and like he just slipped away sleeping. She also researched hot car deaths don't forget and knew what it meant. He may be trying to make her feel better, but I doubt it. Ross is all about Ross. It's so her perception of him stays intact

Digestion in the stomach takes up to 4 hours to leave the stomach. which means..digestion stops once one dies. Cooper still having bits of potatoes and OJ kind of tells the tale. Cooper no doubt was long passed by the time RH visited his SUV after lunch!

https://www.healthtap.com/user_ques...s-it-take-for-the-stomach-to-digest-your-food
In brief: 3-6 hours
3-6 hours for solids about 3 hours for most liquids.
Meat is slower to digest and may take up to six hours milk curdles and the casein may take up to three to four hours to fully digest, while the whey part of milk stays liquid and may be digested in less than three hours.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006060227970
Best Answer: Food travels down the oesophagus at a rate of approximately 3 to 4 centimetres per second (1 to 2 inches), and the entire process takes about 5 to 6 seconds. In the stomach, food tends to hang around for a little longer and this depends on a variety of factors including the amount of food you have consumed, how much fat it contains, and also the acidity of the stomach. However, all food should have left the stomach within 2 to 4 hours.

No, Vinnie is playing it.

:blushing: Screen shows LIVE, so I assumed jury was in courtroom watching. :tyou: for correction.

I didn't see this testimony during trial. Interesting witness.

Per Court Chatter: Jury is watching a video of testimony (one of the young women).

http://www.courtchatter.com/ross-harris-trial-live-stream-1

The one the charge 6,7,8 are against is Chelsea D (listed in the Indictment), the older of the 2 minors that we didn't get to see (public) so that would make sense if that is the who. JMHO **Holloway said in interview with Cathy from Courtchatter, he believes the other minor is who the other 8 Indictments are against. JMHO

The one the charge 6,7,8 are against is Chelsea D (listed in the Indictment), the older of the 2 minors that we didn't get to see (public) so that would make sense if that is the who. JMHO **Holloway said in interview with Cathy from Courtchatter, he believes the other minor is who the other 8 Indictments are against. JMHO

Jury isn't watching it

Hmm. Doesn't sound like they're interested in assessing the "appropriateness" of his emotions, or of Leanna's. Maybe a comparison of what RH told LE, and what he told Leanna.

Assessing the appropriateness of his emotions wouldn't really require a 2nd view. Aside from that, though, it just seems to me like they're wanting to look at the evidence again because there was a lot to absorb.

I know I would have gotten distracted during some of that testimony for sure.

Omg...are putting a toe into the dark Side? Come on over...we have cookies

No, sorry, not going there, silly goose. ;)

My scenario of that morning has been consistent, and I haven't seen any evidence that convinces me it's (necessarily) wrong (some of it is obviously speculation).

I think RH hadn't been spending a lot of time with Cooper, Leanna wasn't happy about that, RH made plans to go to the movies on the 18th without being straightforward with Leanna, he and Leanna argued about it on the night of the 17th, RH got lost in his texting after Leanna left and was running late to take Cooper to breakfast at daycare, received the email at 8:34 about his 10AM meeting being postponed, decided to take Cooper to CFA rather than to tell LAA (or Leanna) he was running late, responded to random Whispers (as he drove, btw, given the times), the last one being to Ms. X about "escaping."

I think RH was likely feeling resentful about having to account for his time to Leanna and for having to ask her permission before going out to play with friends, and that he responded to that Whisper because it's author was obviously going to be very likely to sympathize with him, and to give him the "permission" to go play Leanna wouldn't.

Last, I think the only reason he mentioned Cooper at all was that his not spending time with Cooper had been the center of his argument with Leanna the night before.

So, yah, here I am spending time with Cooper, but geez, we both need our breaks. In other words, my not spending time with Cooper is OK. It's not about him anyway, (what Ms. X said about her own kids).

Rationalization, self pity, selfishness, pique about Leanna, but none of it about Cooper, much less wanting to kill Cooper.

Omg...are putting a toe into the dark Side? Come on over...we have cookies

And shrimp (getting them prepped for New Orleans style BBQ shrimp tonight)

IMG_1864.jpg

OMG TexMex you used to make me so hungry on the JA threads and now you are doing it again here! Your food always looks so very yummy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken