Midwest

i haven't learned much about her yet, i googled her name to get her location and i saw that she was a college student. what time did she disappear and where from? i don't know if you saw my thread about kathleen mcbroom but if he's responsible for her disappearance it means that he abducted her in daylight hours. i think he was very capable of abducting right out in the open and during the day. my other question is, does anybody know what day he arrived in vermont, or what he was doing the day or two before he killed the curriers?

According the FBI interviews that were posted on ADN (now gone), he drove up to his place in NY to check it out, then traveled to Vermont. He hadn't decided if he "was going to do anything there, yet" and was open to other locations. He got a fishing license and fished for a while and dug up the cache (I strongly believe some of them had trophies), he then "went out looking for someone". He went back to the hotel room and put the guns together and prepared to "take someone" He first decided to take someone from an apartment parking lot and hid and waiting in the wooded area of the complex. He was looking for a male, alone, with a generic car, with which he planned to rob multiple banks. It was raining that night, and as the potential victim got out the car, he ran, and IK missed him. So, he went back to the hotel and decided to "take" a couple. That's when he went walking, from the hotel, to look for a suitable house. According to the FBI timeline, he killed Bill and Lorraine on June 8, 2011, but his hotel reservation was for June 9th, 2011.

According the FBI interviews that were posted on ADN (now gone), he drove up to his place in NY to check it out, then traveled to Vermont. He hadn't decided if he "was going to do anything there, yet" and was open to other locations. He got a fishing license and fished for a while and dug up the cache (I strongly believe some of them had trophies), he then "went out looking for someone". He went back to the hotel room and put the guns together and prepared to "take someone" He first decided to take someone from an apartment parking lot and hid and waiting in the wooded area of the complex. He was looking for a male, alone, with a generic car, with which he planned to rob multiple banks. It was raining that night, and as the potential victim got out the car, he ran, and IK missed him. So, he went back to the hotel and decided to "take" a couple. That's when he went walking, from the hotel, to look for a suitable house. According to the FBI timeline, he killed Bill and Lorraine on June 8, 2011, but his hotel reservation was for June 9th, 2011.
keyword trigger: trophies. i showcase my ordeal publicly and speak often about trophies (in my case, the offender wears trophy tattoos of me on his body). heinous.

yes, keyes had to have been keeping trophies at least some of the time. in one of the FBI interview videos they questioned him about a ring and a necklace they found in the fire pit at his place in NY. he quickly denied that he had anything to do with the jewelry and tried to blame it on hunters or campers.

hunters = no.
campers = possible, but no.
serial killer = yes.

I really wish they would provide an additional update to the timeline. Perhaps contacting them via email would help clarify some of the timeline? Specifically the toll road transactions, at least that would give us an idea if he actually was in play for LS.

What do you guys think? Should we send an email and see what they have to say? Hmmm... While we're at it maybe we could also get access to some of those audio tapes that are no longer available online.

it's not possible to email them. or, it wasn't as of one year ago (i tried). it does seem like something needs to happen since quite a few of us are willing and able to do the work, but the FBI has to accept and connect.

it's not possible to email them. or, it wasn't as of one year ago (i tried). it does seem like something needs to happen since quite a few of us are willing and able to do the work, but the FBI has to accept and connect.

I'm thinking about filing a FOIA request. That way we can hopefully see what other files they have on this case.

Hi... I'm new here, but am also interested in the LS case. Since we know where he went from Indiana, have we tried looking in NAMUS for remains found along that route that match her? Probably not the first one to have that idea, but would be worth looking into perhaps?

Hi...totally new here. I have read a lot about this killer. He seemed to be very intelligent and used his geography and his stamina to throw off many investigators. I will add a Canadian woman's disappearance here. Portage La Prairie is a 3 hour drive to Grand Forks ND USA, This woman disappeared and her body has never been found. The RCMP believes it is a homicide. This is my 1st post, so lemme know if I did anything wrong here...thx But I checked the timeline of IK, and he did have free time after his arrival in Grand Forks. I read somewhere, he had a friend in Minny. There was no car rental or anything to go from in Grand Forks? extremely strange unless you know someone there. Anyway here is the Crimestoppers post for the missing woman from Manitoba.
Amber Lynn McFarland | Manitoba Crime Stoppers

I do not know how the timeline has tracked IK's border crossings but someone as cunning as him, to only show that many into BC from Alaska and no other Canadian province is suspicious. That is a vast country, where he could have easily travelled by purchasing a cheap car, renting or stealing. Thanks

Hi...totally new here. I have read a lot about this killer. He seemed to be very intelligent and used his geography and his stamina to throw off many investigators. I will add a Canadian woman's disappearance here. Portage La Prairie is a 3 hour drive to Grand Forks ND USA, This woman disappeared and her body has never been found. The RCMP believes it is a homicide. This is my 1st post, so lemme know if I did anything wrong here...thx But I checked the timeline of IK, and he did have free time after his arrival in Grand Forks. I read somewhere, he had a friend in Minny. There was no car rental or anything to go from in Grand Forks? extremely strange unless you know someone there. Anyway here is the Crimestoppers post for the missing woman from Manitoba.

I do not know how the timeline has tracked IK's border crossings but someone as cunning as him, to only show that many into BC from Alaska and no other Canadian province is suspicious. That is a vast country, where he could have easily travelled by purchasing a cheap car, renting or stealing. Thanks

Thanks for the link, I will read up on the case. So horrible that there are so many missing and murdered Canadian women, especially First Nations women.

This one could only be ruled out by WS'ers based on timeline, I'd wager, because this case has a few complicating circumstances: ex boyfriend was the last to see her if I'm understanding correctly, he says she got into a car with someone else as a means of leaving his house. So I guess she didn't technically disappear from a restaurant/bar. But it does sound like they searched his house and questioned him at length and no charges have come forward -- although we all know, knowing someone did something and proving it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, are two vastly different things.

Here's the link where I got my info. Jul 2009: No charges for men held in disappearance

Thanks for the link, I will read up on the case. So horrible that there are so many missing and murdered Canadian women, especially First Nations women.
Yes, the missing women in Canada, that are Indigenous are extremely sad. I know the border between Canada/USA has been an easy conduit for killers in the past. I have no reason to believe it will change?

This one could only be ruled out by WS'ers based on timeline, I'd wager, because this case has a few complicating circumstances: ex boyfriend was the last to see her if I'm understanding correctly, he says she got into a car with someone else as a means of leaving his house. So I guess she didn't technically disappear from a restaurant/bar. But it does sound like they searched his house and questioned him at length and no charges have come forward -- although we all know, knowing someone did something and proving it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, are two vastly different things.

Here's the link where I got my info. Jul 2009: No charges for men held in disappearance

I am with you on this case as well, I believe the Police have their target or targets set on who has done this...but they need more evidence. The uncanny thing with IK, is that timeline...and no car or any showings to Grand Forks, why Grand Forks? My assumption on his killings, his places have always meant to draw police away from a crime? The further he travelled, I believe he thought would cover for his alibi. That North Dakota link is just so suspicious, just because he then is in PHX, days later? So did he kill in ND? in Canada? why no car rental? no hotel? Thanks for responding.

Is it possible he could of been involved in the disappearance of Alexis Patterson? She disappeared from Hi-Mount elementary school in Milwaukee May 3rd 2002. Her stepfather took her to school where she never made it to class, the school did not notify him or her mother until the end of the school day. Some kids had reported they had seen her that morning outside the school crying. There were also reports of a suspicious red truck near the school in the week or two before her disappearance, this truck was never seen again after she disappeared.

A lot of people suspected her stepfather was involved, but I strongly feel this was a stranger abduction. I think she was lured by someone who took advantage of her being visibly upset, which was likely due to a argument she had with her mom over some cupcakes. What strikes me as highly peculiar, is that Alexis is one of the people that Israel searched for according to Nameus. Her case got a lot of media attention in the Milwaukee news and surrounding suburbs, but there was no national attention to this case. She had gone missing around the time that Elizabeth Smart went missing, all of the national media was focused on Elizabeth. If you search Alexis’s case virtually all of the info you’ll find is from local news sources. I think her disappearance was covered by America’s Most Wanted, but that’s about it beyond WI media as far as I can tell. So how did Keyes come about Alexis’s case? There’s no actual circumstantial evidence pointing to Alexis like with Suzanne Lyall, but the little if any national attention her case got combined with him searching for her online makes it a possibility IMO. There is no record of Keyes ever visiting WI according to the timeline, but he had been to Illinois before. Milwaukee is a straight shot north of Chicago, and the school where Alexis disappeared is right near the freeway which connects to I-94. So it would of been easy for an abducter to make a quick getaway. The timeline shows he had a hotel reservation late April of the year Alexis went missing , is there indication how long he was there for? He did this with the Curriers, travelled to Chicago then drove from Chicago to Vermont.

Last edited:
Is it possible he could of been involved in the disappearance of Alexis Patterson? She disappeared from Hi-Mount elementary school in Milwaukee May 3rd 2002. Her stepfather took her to school where she never made it to class, the school did not notify him or her mother until the end of the school day. Some kids had reported they had seen her that morning outside the school crying. There were also reports of a suspicious red truck near the school in the week or two before her disappearance, this truck was never seen again after she disappeared.

A lot of people suspected her stepfather was involved, but I strongly feel this was a stranger abduction. I think she was lured by someone who took advantage of her being visibly upset, which was likely due to a argument she had with her mom over some cupcakes. What strikes me as highly peculiar, is that Alexis is one of the people that Israel searched for according to Nameus. Her case got a lot of media attention in the Milwaukee news and surrounding suburbs, but there was no national attention to this case. She had gone missing around the time that Elizabeth Smart went missing, all of the national media was focused on Elizabeth. If you search Alexis’s case virtually all of the info you’ll find is from local news sources. I think her disappearance was covered by America’s Most Wanted, but that’s about it beyond WI media as far as I can tell. So how did Keyes come about Alexis’s case? There’s no actual circumstantial evidence pointing to Alexis like with Suzanne Lyall, but the little if any national attention her case got combined with him searching for her online makes it a possibility IMO. There is no record of Keyes ever visiting WI according to the timeline, but he had been to Illinois before. Milwaukee is a straight shot north of Chicago, and the school where Alexis disappeared is right near the freeway which connects to I-94. So it would of been easy for an abducter to make a quick getaway. The timeline shows he had a hotel reservation late April of the year Alexis went missing , is there indication how long he was there for? He did this with the Curriers, travelled to Chicago then drove from Chicago to Vermont.

I’ve always suspected that his search related to Alexis surrounded somebody he was looking for in/near Milwaukie, Oregon (a suburb of Portland that he was more likely to be familiar with), and he just misspelled it in the search.

I don’t have a particular reason for that or a case to connect it to, it’s just a hunch.

In any case though, the Wisconsin namus 44 cases (Kayla Berg’s especially) stand out to me as very strange outliers on that list. If Alexis wasn’t a Milwaukie OR typo I have no idea what to make of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back