victim1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 00532.jpg
    00532.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 179
  • victim2.jpg
    victim2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 129
VERY interesting! The timeline would fit. Alcala was out of jail at the estimated time of death (Dec. 1978) of the UID's in the poster.

Wow...that's pretty amazing.

I mirrored the Mendocino John Doe photo and rotated it slightly to match the direction of the boy in the Alcala photo. I then traced MJD's features and overlaid the trace lines over the boy's photo. Almost Perfect Match!!

2900121600045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

The second comparison is more difficult because the woman in the Alcala photo has her head turned slightly to her left. But I can still use this technique to test the vertical spacing of her features. In this case, when I align the trace lines to her nose and chin, the vertical positioning of her eyes falls out of alignment.

2700025790045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I mirrored the Mendocino John Doe photo and rotated it slightly to match the direction of the boy in the Alcala photo. I then traced MJD's features and overlaid the trace lines over the boy's photo. Almost Perfect Match!!

2900121600045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I called this in a week ago, and today, Detective Reilly of Huntington Beach PD returned my call.

At the time I made the call, it was thought that this was a boy, and consequently, that it was a possible to Mendocino County John Doe. However, it was later concluded on this board that this is actually a female.

Detective Reilly confirmed this. This is a female, and therefore is not a match to Mendocino John Doe.

I called this in a week ago, and today, Detective Reilly of Huntington Beach PD returned my call.

At the time I made the call, it was thought that this was a boy, and consequently, that it was a possible to Mendocino County John Doe. However, it was later concluded on this board that this is actually a female.

Detective Reilly confirmed this. This is a female, and therefore is not a match to Mendocino John Doe.

Can I ask a really stupid question, how was it concluded this was a female ?

nevermind, I answered my own question, I'm assuming there was more of the body in the actual picture than what we are seeing here.

I wondered if he could be a match for Mendocino John Doe.

01611.jpg

nevermind, I answered my own question, I'm assuming there was more of the body in the actual picture than what we are seeing here.

Right. The detectives cropped all the pictures of the topless women, so they would definitely know it was not a boy.

But not a stupid question at all. I thought it was a boy for a long time.

Is it known for certain that the boy who is actually a girl was taken in 78? She reminds me a little of Cali of New York...:caution on pdf and recon:

Attachments

• Cali.pdf
    186.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Cali1.jpg
    Cali1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 167
As far as I know we don't have a date for the Alcala photo.

Is it known for certain that the boy who is actually a girl was taken in 78? She reminds me a little of Cali of New York...:caution on pdf and recon:

The Caledonia Jane Doe was found on November 9, 1979 and was most probably killed a day earlier. Alcala had already been arrested on July 24, 1979 and he has been in custody ever since. Now whether he met her in previous months/years and took her photograph is pure speculation, but he surely did not kill her, as he was in jail in California at the time.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

That article is from March of 2010. Although there is a great possibility that Alcala did have something to do with Gaunt, he most likely will never be held responsible for it. Since he is already on death row in California, other states (except New York) don't want to use the resources to convict him on other murders. He's currently in New York waiting for trial on the murders of Cornelia Crilley and Ellen Hover.

Welcome to Websleuths and thanks for posting here! :)

I just noticed that that both "boy" JDs have turned out BOTH to be female. I think that both girls are the two UID's.

You saved me having to look back. I thought that was the case I was thinking of. Good catch!

If the comparisons being made here are with the Mendocino unidentified remains from mile marker 21.11 on Hwy 20, those remains have been identified via DNA. They are Kerry Ann Graham and Francine Trimble. Misidentification of one skeleton as male stalled their identification for many years. News story linked here: http://www.willitsnews.com/article/NR/20160202/NEWS/160209999

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back