OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, 4 June 2010 What Happened?

What happened to Kyron?

• He wandered off on his own

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • He was taken away by a total stranger

Votes: 43 5.1%
  • He was taken away by someone he knew and possibly trusted

Votes: 541 64.1%
  • He was taken away by someone he was familiar with

Votes: 252 29.9%

• Total voters
Last summer I saw a boy who looked so much like Kyron while staying at a motor home park for a couple of days in Draper, UT. I called and left a message on the "hotline" and was hoping to hear back or see someone investigate before I left. Saw the boy a couple more times before I left...been haunting me ever since. Hope someone checked out the tip.

Did you notice if the boy and whoever he was with in a vehicle? If so, did you get the license plate numbers? I know it must have been really frustrating for you to receive no reply back from the "hotline". Your experience makes me think that if I think that I have seen any "missing children" I'll call 911 instead of the so called "hot" line.

How do you approach a child that resembles a missing child?

I wouldn't approach the child, but I would hang out to get photo on my phone, or if I had my camera take a few shots. I would get the plate number, make , color and model, if I could follow them to a car. I would write down everything they had on or what the people looked like if I didn't have a camera. But I would call, 911 or the sheriff's office, not the hot line.

I voted he went with someone he trusted .
I wish he would be found

I been thinking about Kyron and how this could went down. I think that Terri told Kyron to go look at the cool project and meet her back at the truck to go to the doc app. I think Kyron was taken to one FM and taken out truck there while Terri went in to make her albi.JMO

I voted that he went with someone who he knew and trusted, I don't believe a stranger took him.

I voted that Kyron went with someone he trusted. He strikes me as a smart kid and old enough to know better than to go somewhere with a stranger or someone he only knew vaguely. It's possible he didn't know his abductor extremely well, but was assured by someone he recognized as an authority figure that the person was trustworthy.

I voted that Kyron went with someone he was familiar with. I believe it was Terri and I don't believe Kyron trusted her.

Well, since TH was allegedly wanting to get rid of her husband, imo, she probably planned and paid for KH's demise. TH most likely made sure that KH met this perp on a few occasions leading up to the science fair, so that he would be familiar with this person and trusted them or TH herself is the perp. I also think this person is another female.

This is how I voted -- familiar with the person who lured him away.

imo

Praying for Kyron and his family.

I was just in the beauty shop and followed a Multnomah Cnty Sheriff. I SO wanted to ask him about Kyron. I didn't tho as his GF was sitting there waiting for him and I didn't want her to think I was making a play for him with a smooth line. :innocent:

I know I will come here one day and read good news about Kyron being found.

xox

Does anyone know if the step mom's friend's work place (for lack of a better term) was searched? My hackles went up after hearing the two women met that day and then the friend returned to the gardening / landscaping work she was doing. She also seemed very evasive with reporters at the time IMHO!

Does anyone know if the step mom's friend's work place (for lack of a better term) was searched? My hackles went up after hearing the two women met that day and then the friend returned to the gardening / landscaping work she was doing. She also seemed very evasive with reporters at the time IMHO!

Yes, it has been searched and the area around it as well. Thank you for joining Websleuths and showing an interest in Kyron's case!

:wagon:

Poor Kyron. He was the first case I really followed. So very sad. I think of him often.

Shame on you Teri. I know you did something to him. :furious:

I got hinky vibes from Teri when I saw her on TV. Hinky like I did when the Rams did that CNN interview. Among my circle of friends here in NW Oregon, they all think he's dead and that Teri did it. No evidence of course, but not much else makes sense. How would a stranger walk into to a school and take a child? I used to pick up my friend's son from time to time and I had to be on the list, provide identification and the school had to know I was coming. It ain't that easy to just stroll in and snag a child.

Hi
Dewey, Neat Nik ;}

I've always wondered if they had dogs go back behind the Horman property, the thought being that would be a place the perp would never expect LE to search.

WELCOME Dewey2Me1MoThyme

You're a :websleuther: now. Yea Yea

I got hinky vibes from Teri when I saw her on TV. Hinky like I did when the Rams did that CNN interview. Among my circle of friends here in NW Oregon, they all think he's dead and that Teri did it. No evidence of course, but not much else makes sense. How would a stranger walk into to a school and take a child? I used to pick up my friend's son from time to time and I had to be on the list, provide identification and the school had to know I was coming. It ain't that easy to just stroll in and snag a child.

Hi Jaded cat, Everyone I've talked to here thinks the same, that the S- mother killed Kyron. IMO she knew the school had very little security in place. As I remember they didn't even have video surveillance.

The school not requiring students to be signed in and out during school hours, or even requiring a note for an absence, was beyond belief to learn about.

IMO ~ That countryside is dotted with farms and has some areas of new home development. So it has a mixed type of economic populace. In the last ten years it has taken on a different feeling as the dream area for well heeled people to build or buy their homes. They are the new affluent of Portland moved out to the country suburbs and they would all love to send their children to private schools. Instead, what they have done is create the atmosphere at Skyline that the school is more like a private one than public. It is a neat fit for the children, giving them more individual attention. The negative point is they evidently thought the school was above and beyond needing security measures and so the students were ultimately not protected.

Whoever took Kyron could have done it in a different way and at another time. But what the lack of school security did was make it so easy for the perp to do what he wanted to Kyron.

It could be that is why LE has had such a hard time getting clues to solve this case. Info about the scene of the crime was not forthcoming because of it's location and timing. Just sayin'.

PS:
Do you guys remember it was suggested Kyron was driven down the road next to the church, right across from the school parking lot, and died very soon upon leaving the school?

I took a drive down that road and could see that possibility. I might take that drive again to see if it dead ends or what. Just a thought thinking about what could have happened to Kyron.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back