GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Rule Reminder as we head to Verdict
Good morning everybody! I'm sure everyone is eagerly waiting for the defense to rest today and the jury to be sent out.

I want to remind everyone of a few basic rules:

First - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Cheerleading for EITHER side is not a TOS violation, BUT being snarky and disrespectful about that opinion IS.

Second - if a post offends you, ALERT it. Remember, if you respond, it is on you and you may find yourself suffering the consequences for it.

Third - we are moving toward a zero tolerance policy. That means if you are snarky and rude, you may find yourself on TO.

Fourth - the mods will NOT be taking the time to send you pm's and hash it out. You will just see that you can no longer post.

Snarkyness will include avatars and siggy lines that are being used to convey messages you know you can't outright post.

Please keep in mind that ONE side, and only ONE side is going to win here, unless we end up in another stalemate. Whatever the outcome, we will have to deal with it, whether we think it is good or bad. So please keep in mind, that means one side is going to lose. Be a good sport. Don't gloat if you are on the winning side and don't pout and be mean if you are on the losing side. Brace yourselves now in case things don't go the way you want them to.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod - DO NOT post them in the thread. Remember all the TOS and rules, please.

Thank you,

Salem

Quote:#1031
Originally Posted by LOMom
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164669&page=42

You have the size 12 hush puppies at the murder scene. That along with motive, means, and opportunity and JY is a guilty man.

How does anybody so easily disregard the hush puppy shoes??? That is very compelling evidence - it's almost as good as a finger print. You're seriously going to believe that a stanger random killer changed shoes (from the Franklins to the hush puppies) into a pair that weren't his size so that we woudn't leave a blood trail, but you can't believe that the man with all the motive wore shoes (Franklins) that weren't his size in order to throw off LE??? On this board just today, we already mentioned two other cases in which the killer tried to throw off LE by having the wrong size shoe show up in the crime scene - it happens, so why can't you believe it happened in this case?? It's not a leap to believe that it happened.

Shame on people throwing out Gracie's testimony based on the DT's attack of her on the stand. She clearly remembers the face of the man who cussed at her and threw a 20 in her face, but only pumped $15 in gas on the morning of 11/3 at about 5:30am.

===============================================

:goodpost:
Yea, we are not talking about a size 12 Nike, were there are a gazillion made. We are talking about a very rare Hushy Puppy Orbital. The entire brand is rare, so using the argument it could have been a Sealy or Belville falls flat.

Gracie did not seek out LE by inserting herself in a murder case.
The defense desperately needed to paint her as some brain damaged imbecile because she held the final nail to his coffin.
People with brain defects aren't trusted to run a store with that much cash and assets, especially alone for 8 hours.
I found her genuine, humble and very believable.

:rocker::takeabow::yourock:
Quote:#1031
Originally Posted by LOMom
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164669&page=42

You have the size 12 hush puppies at the murder scene. That along with motive, means, and opportunity and JY is a guilty man.

How does anybody so easily disregard the hush puppy shoes??? That is very compelling evidence - it's almost as good as a finger print. You're seriously going to believe that a stanger random killer changed shoes (from the Franklins to the hush puppies) into a pair that weren't his size so that we woudn't leave a blood trail, but you can't believe that the man with all the motive wore shoes (Franklins) that weren't his size in order to throw off LE??? On this board just today, we already mentioned two other cases in which the killer tried to throw off LE by having the wrong size shoe show up in the crime scene - it happens, so why can't you believe it happened in this case?? It's not a leap to believe that it happened.

Shame on people throwing out Gracie's testimony based on the DT's attack of her on the stand. She clearly remembers the face of the man who cussed at her and threw a 20 in her face, but only pumped $15 in gas on the morning of 11/3 at about 5:30am.

===============================================

:goodpost:
Yea, we are not talking about a size 12 Nike, were there are a gazillion made. We are talking about a very rare Hushy Puppy Orbital. The entire brand is rare, so using the argument it could have been a Sealy or Belville falls flat.

Gracie did not seek out LE by inserting herself in a murder case.
The defense desperately needed to paint her as some brain damaged imbecile because she held the final nail to his coffin.
People with brain defects aren't trusted to run a store with that much cash and assets, especially alone for 8 hours.
I found her genuine, humble and very believable.

Good Morning!
breakfast-series-bagels-coffee-and-juice-thumb469823.jpg

Hoping for a verdict today! I'll be jumping back and forth from this forum to Tori's forum. Her accused killer's trial begins today.

Praying both Michelle and Victoria get justice. :rose: :rose:

Good morning Everyone!

I am praying that justice will be rendered this time.

God bless Michelle and all of her family.

May they remain strong. I know the waiting must be excruciating.

There seems to be a baffling assumption in some quarters that to wear the wrong sized shoes to a crime would require a brilliant criminal mastermind of the sort that North Carolina has never seen. I don't get it. It's a pretty basic thing to consider - footprints - sort of along the same lines as wearing gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints. (Or sending a card on your anniversary to cover up the reality of your nefarious activities.)

Another take on this I don't get is the insurance money. Some folks say it can't be a motive because look, he didn't even go after it, and you can't get it anyway if you're a suspect. That's 100% hindsight.

People seem to kill for insurance money with alarming frequency. I cannot imagine not even one of them sitting around going "Hey self, lets take this policy out even though I'm gonna get busted and be on trial!" Nuh uh. People do it because they think they're going to pull it off. JY thought Hillsville and 169 miles was going to give him some sort of immunity, and that the good old LE guys were going to bumble round in circles bumping into each other, trying to find a guy wearing size 10 Franklins.

{snip for space}
and that the good old LE guys were going to bumble round in circles bumping into each other, trying to find a guy wearing size 10 Franklins.

Alas that has mostly only happened on the Internetweb by susceptible followers. JY: 1 Susceptibles: 0

Alas that has mostly only happened on the Internetweb by susceptible followers. JY: 1 Susceptibles: 0

One thing about the malignant-narcissist sociopath is they invariably believe themselves smarter than everyone else. It is an unfortunate truth that they are frequently smarter than many people. Its what makes them successful criminals, CEO's, politicians.

I'd be willing to bet one of my cats that BC in prison over yonder is eating up all the support he's getting from the susceptibles. Successful manipulation, whether its done just to your wife or to the multitudes, is crack for these peeps because it reinforces their innate sense of superiority.

One thing about the malignant-narcissist sociopath is they invariably believe themselves smarter than everyone else. It is an unfortunate truth that they are frequently smarter than many people. Its what makes them successful criminals, CEO's, politicians.

I'd be willing to bet one of my cats that BC in prison over yonder is eating up all the support he's getting from the susceptibles. Successful manipulation, whether its done just to your wife or to the multitudes, is crack for these peeps because it reinforces their innate sense of superiority.

To your point that is why JY had such a reaction to Gracie she challenged him and he reacted - who was a gas station attendant to challenge him - and perhaps screw up what JY thought he had accomplished - the perfect murder.

So how will we know when a verdict is in? Is there a particular twitter account everyone is following?

Has the wral camera been on at all during the deliberations? Does it stay on, does it pop up now and then?

Just a thought.

Do any of you think that it impacts the jury at all (even if it's not supposed to) that JY had very few supporters in the courtroom?

So how will we know when a verdict is in? Is there a particular twitter account everyone is following?

Has the wral camera been on at all during the deliberations? Does it stay on, does it pop up now and then?

not sure...

wral doesn't even have it listed on their live line up...

here is a link for abc11:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8323913

(nothing currently on but iirc someone said that they break in if there is news?)

Just a thought.

Do any of you think that it impacts the jury at all (even if it's not supposed to) that JY had very few supporters in the courtroom?

Hope not. Someone's fate can't be impacted by how many supporters the accused has. SP's parents were there every single day and he still got the DP.

Their focus should be on the evidence, imo

With that said, I know jurors in other trials did take the defendant's lack of emotion into consideration when rendering a verdict.

Just a thought.

Possibly but perhaps the jury will balance this by looking at just how few people, other than PY and JY's sister, had very little positive to say about JY.

Hope not. Someone's fate can't be impacted by how many supporters the accused has. SP's parents were there every single day and he still got the DP.

Their focus should be on the evidence, imo

With that said, I know jurors in other trials did take the defendant's lack of emotion into consideration when rendering a verdict.

Speaking of SP, there was very limited evidence in that case. Just circumstantial. Why do you think the jury in that case had no trouble finding him guilty and giving him the DP?

I'm thinking there's a 75% chance of another hung jury and a 25% chance of guilty. Anyone else want to hazard a guess? Not what you think, but what you think the jury will come back with.

Possibly but perhaps the jury will balance this by looking at just how few people, other than PY and JY's sister, had very little positive to say about JY.

I agree. The two non-family members who knew him and testified for the defense said he was a manipulator and a horndog. When Ambrose came out with the description of JY as a manipulator, I bet the DT and JY were thinking, "We are screwed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth