Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please continue the discussion here:

At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...-connecticut-elementary-school/#ixzz2F3id8S00

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Of...own-Victims-in-School-Massacre-183652041.html
Officials Release Names of Newtown Victims in School Massacre

Children:
Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Madeleine F. Hsu, 6
Catherine V. Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Aveille Richman, 6
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison N. Wyatt, 6

Adults:
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Rachel Davino, 29
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27

I apologize for not being able to stay caught up here in this thread..so please forgive if this issue has already been discussed ad nauseum and I've missed it altogether ..

As several of my posts have noted I've been quite floored at what a contradictory nature that mom's words and actions have been regarding her IMO obvious full awareness of the severity of her son's mental instability, yet as we know was an avid gun collector that chose to keep such a large arsenal of both artillery/ammo in the home in which she and her son lived..

So, what if mom did possibly believe she had this issue well under control by having ALL OF THE GUNS AS WELL AS ALL OF THE AMMO very secured and locked up to where she knew her son was completely unable to access any of the guns or ammo without her knowledge and allowing him to do so??

IMO while I personally still find that situation too close for comfort ..I can see how one would possibly believe that they were taking all precautions and necessary steps to keep the son safe from harming himself or others with any of the guns she collected and kept securely locked up..

Because in now knowing that the son actually had full intentions and planned to go and purchase the guns on his own without mom's knowledge..and followed through in his attempts at procuring guns on his own and was unsuccessful in doing so.. this IMO makes me believe that its possible mom did have some sort of security measure in plLace that would have kept him from just simply being able to have access to the guns whenever he wanted. IMO I feel like if that were the case that he would have never even made the attempt to purchase guns on his own IF HE'D ACTUALLY HAD ACCESS TO MOM'S GUNS TO USE AT HIS DISPOSAL...

IMO its only when he was unsuccessful in his attempts at purchasing gun(s) that he had to go about this differently, as in finding a way around getting into the likely locked up guns/ammo of his mothers...I find it possible that this was done via force and could have been achieved in a couple different ways..

a) IMO I find it POSSIBLE that maybe mom had A GUN(as in one single handgun that she maybe kept NOT LOCKED UP for personal protection in the sense it was just she and her son living there alone).. for that reason I find it plausible that there was possibly one gun available and that her son used this gun to kill her thereby his then being able to gain access to the entire arsenal of locked up guns/ammo..

or..

b) I can also see it possible that maybe she didn't have ANY OF THE GUNS OUT, BUT RATHER KEPT THEM ALL SAFE UNDER LOCK/KEY..(TBH I find this less likely as IMO i truly believe she likely had a single gun she kept out for her and her son's personal safety).. but if they were all locked up its possible he hit her over the head with any object available so as to gain access to the locked guns and then after having gained access with plans to then head to the school maybe he knew he had zero choice but to kill her if he was going to be able to pull off his plan at the elementary school(ie.as in an alive mom could easily come to and call for help thereby thwarting his entire plan)

I honestly believe it to quite likely be that option (a) IMO is the more likely of the two to be similar to what happened..and that mom actually did have the whole large collection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc, along with all the ammo UNDER LOCK AND KEY UNACCESSABLE TO HER SON WITHOUT HER HAVING KNOWLEDGE OR ALLOWING HIM TO DO SO..but that just as many of us women who either are divorced or whose hubbys work out of town, or night shift..how many of us have a gun(handgun, shotgun, whatever youre most comfortable with) that you DO NOT KEEP LOCKED IN THE GUN SAFE, BUT OUT OF THE SAFE AVAILABLE TO USE FOR PROTECTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILDREN IF SOMEONE WERE TO BREAK IN..

I find it plausible that now that we know that mom DID NOT EVER EVEN WORK AT THE SCHOOL,,IMO I find it possible that the only reason she was killed was because the SON FELT HE HAD TO KILL HER ONCE HE'D FAILED AT BEING ABLE TO HIMSELF PURCHASE GUNS FOR HIS RAMPAGE..

DUE TO THAT FAILED ATTEMPT HE HAD TO GAIN ACCESS TO HIS MOM'S GUN COLLECTION that I now find possible that his mom DID IN FACT HAVE THE GUNS/AMMO UNDER LOCK AND KEY(except for possibly keeping one gun out of the safe to use for protection in case of a break in)..and possibly that's what he shot mom with, its why he felt he had to kill his mom in order to gain access to the guns...

sorry so long...and sorry if already has been discussed ad nauseum..its just a possibility at this point I do find to be plausible...jmo.

^ I think it's possible that she was 100% responsible in her own gun ownership. I think what people are asking is was it wise of her to keep her gun collection at ALL while she lived with AL as he clearly had some mental issues .. and considering what has occurred the answer to that question is NO.

Of course however, it is easy to have 20/20 vision in hindsight.

IMO, all the pictures of AL shows that he had sanpaku eyes.

(except for possibly keeping one gun out of the safe to use for protection in case of a break in)..and possibly that's what he shot mom with, its why he felt he had to kill his mom in order to gain access to the guns...
Except for and do not have a link but someone just posted a news article if previous thread that said the mother was killed with the rifle and not one of the handguns.

OCD is not a personality disorder though.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

I made the typographical mistake as most do by not distinguishing OCPD from OCD.

But OCPD is in Cluster C:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_personality_disorder

Although as most have pointed out - any obsessive-compulsive traits he may have exhibited could also be due to Aspergers.

Except for and do not have a link but someone just posted a news article if previous thread that said the mother was killed with the rifle and not one of the handguns.

Would you mind posting that link when you find it? I thought her autopsy would not be completed until tomorrow.

I also just read the article where a bunch of Adam's past classmates have spoken out. According to the comments made, it appears that Adam was taken out of school sometime after middle school and home schooled, but was returned back to a regular classroom setting at least by his Senior year of High School. He could be less than two years removed from attending school if he has just turned 20. Do we have a birth date for Adam?

Obviously the High School was not the target of his anger/issues, but I find it interesting that he was removed and the returned to school.

Has it been confirmed that he was going to purchase his own weapon? IMO, that is just another unconfirmed report.

There has been a lot of misinformation in this case. LE is doing a good job at keeping the investigation close to their vests.

Just a few examples:

The brother was the initial person named as the shooter.

Mom was a teacher at the school.

Mom was shot at the school.

Shooter shot through window.

Shooter had a confrontation days before the shooting.

Shooter attempted to purchase a weapon.

There are probably others but those off the the top of my head. The first 3 turned out to be incorrect.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

I made the typographical mistake as most do by not distinguishing OCPD from OCD.

But OCPD is in Cluster C:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_personality_disorder

Although as most have pointed out - any obsessive-compulsive traits he may have exhibited could also be due to Aspergers.

OCPD is different from OCD. People with OCPD are more rigid with rules and tend to not relegate tasks to others. They can be bureaucratic in nature. People with OCPD can be puritanical in natureand self-righteous in nature as they can be sometime busybodies. Fred Pelps, Osama bin Laden, Jerry Sandusky, and Gertrude Baniszewski have traits for OCPD.

http://www.millon.net/taxonomy/summary.htm

^ I think it's possible that she was 100% responsible in her own gun ownership. I think what people are asking is was it wise of her to keep her gun collection at ALL while she lived with AL as he clearly had some mental issues .. and considering what has occurred the answer to that question is NO.

Of course however, it is easy to have 20/20 vision in hindsight.

Having worked in the mental health field, the main concern was that patients would hurt themselves,not others.I'm alittle surprised based on Adam's profile that she wasn't worried about him being suicidal. It is very rare that someone is homicidal,and usually there is violent indicators before that. I would guess Nancy was responsable with her guns,and like most of us parents,would never dream that our children would be capable of hurting someone.
Was it wise,as you said NO,looking back,but if he had no violent tendancies before it may not have occured to her that just because he had mental issues that he was dangerous.

Have we gotten exactly what years this man attended the local schools? Could Mary have had anything to do with the decisions the school was making in his interest?
Could she have been a target?

Sandy Hook shooting victim Anne Marie Murphy was 'a light in the darkness'

Newsday reported that Murphy's 86-year-old parents were told by a "first-responder" that she died a hero, shielding her students from the shooter.

Murphy, 52, of Sandy Hook, was reportedly a special education teacher. Her profession prompted many on Twitter to urge donations to Autism foundations in her memory.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/ci_22200152#ixzz2FBDvgtOS

Would you mind posting that link when you find it? I thought her autopsy would not be completed until tomorrow.

Another unconfirmed report, imo. You are correct. Her autopsy is tomorrow and so is the shooter's.

Has it been confirmed that he was going to purchase his own weapon? IMO, that is just another unconfirmed report.

There has been a lot of misinformation in this case. LE is doing a good job at keeping the investigation close to their vests.

Just a few examples:

The brother was the initial person named as the shooter.

Mom was a teacher at the school.

Mom was shot at the school.

Shooter shot through window.

Shooter had a confrontation days before the shooting.

Shooter attempted to purchase a weapon.

There are probably others but those off the the top of my head. The first 3 turned out to be incorrect.

BBM In fact at today's presser Vance even refused to confirm the name of the killer.

I apologize for not being able to stay caught up here in this thread..so please forgive if this issue has already been discussed ad nauseum and I've missed it altogether ..

As several of my posts have noted I've been quite floored at what a contradictory nature that mom's words and actions have been regarding her IMO obvious full awareness of the severity of her son's mental instability, yet as we know was an avid gun collector that chose to keep such a large arsenal of both artillery/ammo in the home in which she and her son lived..

So, what if mom did possibly believe she had this issue well under control by having ALL OF THE GUNS AS WELL AS ALL OF THE AMMO very secured and locked up to where she knew her son was completely unable to access any of the guns or ammo without her knowledge and allowing him to do so??

IMO while I personally still find that situation too close for comfort ..I can see how one would possibly believe that they were taking all precautions and necessary steps to keep the son safe from harming himself or others with any of the guns she collected and kept securely locked up..

Because in now knowing that the son actually had full intentions and planned to go and purchase the guns on his own without mom's knowledge..and followed through in his attempts at procuring guns on his own and was unsuccessful in doing so.. this IMO makes me believe that its possible mom did have some sort of security measure in plLace that would have kept him from just simply being able to have access to the guns whenever he wanted. IMO I feel like if that were the case that he would have never even made the attempt to purchase guns on his own IF HE'D ACTUALLY HAD ACCESS TO MOM'S GUNS TO USE AT HIS DISPOSAL...

IMO its only when he was unsuccessful in his attempts at purchasing gun(s) that he had to go about this differently, as in finding a way around getting into the likely locked up guns/ammo of his mothers...I find it possible that this was done via force and could have been achieved in a couple different ways..

a) IMO I find it POSSIBLE that maybe mom had A GUN(as in one single handgun that she maybe kept NOT LOCKED UP for personal protection in the sense it was just she and her son living there alone).. for that reason I find it plausible that there was possibly one gun available and that her son used this gun to kill her thereby his then being able to gain access to the entire arsenal of locked up guns/ammo..

or..

b) I can also see it possible that maybe she didn't have ANY OF THE GUNS OUT, BUT RATHER KEPT THEM ALL SAFE UNDER LOCK/KEY..(TBH I find this less likely as IMO i truly believe she likely had a single gun she kept out for her and her son's personal safety).. but if they were all locked up its possible he hit her over the head with any object available so as to gain access to the locked guns and then after having gained access with plans to then head to the school maybe he knew he had zero choice but to kill her if he was going to be able to pull off his plan at the elementary school(ie.as in an alive mom could easily come to and call for help thereby thwarting his entire plan)

I honestly believe it to quite likely be that option (a) IMO is the more likely of the two to be similar to what happened..and that mom actually did have the whole large collection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc, along with all the ammo UNDER LOCK AND KEY UNACCESSABLE TO HER SON WITHOUT HER HAVING KNOWLEDGE OR ALLOWING HIM TO DO SO..but that just as many of us women who either are divorced or whose hubbys work out of town, or night shift..how many of us have a gun(handgun, shotgun, whatever youre most comfortable with) that you DO NOT KEEP LOCKED IN THE GUN SAFE, BUT OUT OF THE SAFE AVAILABLE TO USE FOR PROTECTING YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILDREN IF SOMEONE WERE TO BREAK IN..

I find it plausible that now that we know that mom DID NOT EVER EVEN WORK AT THE SCHOOL,,IMO I find it possible that the only reason she was killed was because the SON FELT HE HAD TO KILL HER ONCE HE'D FAILED AT BEING ABLE TO HIMSELF PURCHASE GUNS FOR HIS RAMPAGE..

DUE TO THAT FAILED ATTEMPT HE HAD TO GAIN ACCESS TO HIS MOM'S GUN COLLECTION that I now find possible that his mom DID IN FACT HAVE THE GUNS/AMMO UNDER LOCK AND KEY(except for possibly keeping one gun out of the safe to use for protection in case of a break in)..and possibly that's what he shot mom with, its why he felt he had to kill his mom in order to gain access to the guns...

sorry so long...and sorry if already has been discussed ad nauseum..its just a possibility at this point I do find to be plausible...jmo.

BRAVO!

POST of the day.

I get tired of just hearing him referred to as the "shooter". He is a flat out killer. A baby killer, at that.

Edited to add: This post is not directed at anyone in particular. It landed at random. I have a friend who is nicknamed "Shooter" and has been called that since birth. So I hate that his name is being used to describe such an evil person. Sorry if anyone thought I was criticizing their terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth