Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy Hook shooting victim Anne Marie Murphy was 'a light in the darkness'

Newsday reported that Murphy's 86-year-old parents were told by a "first-responder" that she died a hero, shielding her students from the shooter.

Murphy, 52, of Sandy Hook, was reportedly a special education teacher. Her profession prompted many on Twitter to urge donations to Autism foundations in her memory.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/ci_22200152#ixzz2FBDvgtOS

This is interesting to me. Could she have taught a young Adam Lanza? From what I understand, Nancy moved from NH to Conn. in 1998. Adam was only 6-years-old. If she was a special education teacher, she may very well have. Truly heartbreaking.

Have we gotten exactly what years this man attended the local schools? Could Mary have had anything to do with the decisions the school was making in his interest?
Could she have been a target?

Mary started at Sandy Hook in 1994.

Having worked in the mental health field, the main concern was that patients would hurt themselves,not others.I'm alittle surprised based on Adam's profile that she wasn't worried about him being suicidal. It is very rare that someone is homicidal,and usually there is violent indicators before that. I would guess Nancy was responsable with her guns,and like most of us parents,would never dream that our children would be capable of hurting someone.
Was it wise,as you said NO,looking back,but if he had no violent tendancies before it may not have occured to her that just because he had mental issues that he was dangerous.

I have to wonder if Adam Lanza had any violent tendencies prior to the massacre, let alone before it happened.

This is interesting to me. Could she have taught a young Adam Lanza? From what I understand, Nancy moved from NH to Conn. in 1998. Adam was only 6-years-old. If she was a special education teacher, she may very well have. Truly heartbreaking.

I was thinking the same thing....a special ed teacher and a psychologist, both gunned down, both who were employed at the school during the years that Adam would have attended.

Having worked in the mental health field, the main concern was that patients would hurt themselves,not others.I'm alittle surprised based on Adam's profile that she wasn't worried about him being suicidal. It is very rare that someone is homicidal,and usually there is violent indicators before that. I would guess Nancy was responsable with her guns,and like most of us parents,would never dream that our children would be capable of hurting someone.
Was it wise,as you said NO,looking back,but if he had no violent tendancies before it may not have occured to her that just because he had mental issues that he was dangerous.

I really don't want to criticise Nancy, I don't know her, or her life and she is a complete victim. I just think there were a few red flags around her son which are visible now in hindsight (the social isolation combined with playing violent video games for instance) which don't combine well with gun ownership. As you yourself say that the main concern is that patients would hurt themselves .. an even more obvious reason not to keep guns in the home.

I get tired of just hearing him referred to as the "shooter". He is a flat out killer. A baby killer, at that.

I assume, perhaps wrongly, that this was directed at me. I meant nothing by it. Still, I've corrected my wording.

BBM In fact at today's presser Vance even refused to confirm the name of the shooter.

Exactly. The media is desperate. They have to report something so they go to their sources but as we've come to realize, their sources are not always the most reliable especially in this case.

As for the shooter and the mom, we can assume the information is correct because the family has made a statement but LE has yet to confirm the shooter and "the female" at the residence. IMO

yes did she discover he had problems?
Did he blame her.......another target?

I thought I would share this with everyone to give us all a little inspitation. Two weeks ago tonight, 2 of my son's classmates were killed in a car accident. It was all over the news,even national and very tragic for our community. The mother of one of the boys is blogging to help her through. Todays blog she shares some personal things, you can skip through if you want,but she describes a vision she had in relation to the poor children of Sandy Hook. I don't know this woman personally,but I know from other people she is a great woman of faith,and I pray her vision and the message she was given is real and can provide comfort to us all.

http://chrisstewart69.blogspot.com/

Just saw AL mother's picture on TV.........young looking and very pretty......
may she rest in peace

I assume, perhaps wrongly, that this was directed at me. I meant nothing by it. Still, I've corrected my wording.

Oh no Izzy, not at all, I'm sorry you thought that. My comment landed at random and wasn't directed at you at all or anyone in particular. I'm just bothered that the media refers to him as the shooter when in fact he is a killer. Sorry you thought that I was directing my frustration at you.

My questions. Did the shooter have any connection to the school? Previous attendance there, lived nearby, have friends whose children went there or who taught there? Previous problems there?

Any reports of him leaving a letter or note about the shootings?

Why the Ele school?

I have gone through numerous 'motive' scenarios, supported only by the flimsy and often erroneous reporting. This is a very interesting case. I speculate that the motive, is very child-like. E.g. AL blames his current condition, on his early years at this school; it is their fault that he has limitations. If teachers had recognized his special needs, he could have been like his brother. And this child-like motive, is in sharp contrast to the well organized, methodical planning & plotting, designed to exact the most painful degree of revenge.

yes did she discover he had problems?
Did he blame her.......another target?

OMG!! OMG!! I just remembered!!! There was a link on the last thread! I believe teacher Victoria Soto's webpage (for the school??) announced the plans for the children to make Gingerbread houses that morning and Mr. Murphy was her aide in the classroom. I need to go find it, but could Adam have seen this and knew exactly where Mrs. Murphy would be??

My questions. Did the shooter have any connection to the school? Previous attendance there, lived nearby, have friends whose children went there or who taught there? Previous problems there?

Any reports of him leaving a letter or note about the shootings?

Why the Ele school?

Here is an article. I won't quote it because I'm not sure what is accurate but it appears the aunt made the statement. A picture of NL is at the link.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2012/12/adam-lanzas-mom-pulled-him-out-of-school-relative/

I am not sure he ever even attended that school. His mother was not a teacher there.

I've been reading the Twitter account and personal blog of one of the men who is being widely quoted by media about his encounter/acquaintance with NL. He's rightfully upset that the media is pillaging his site and pulling quotes mish-mash. Of course, he did choose to share in public forums about her.

However, he notes that he has friends who evidently knew her well and that there's evidently a lot that went on at home between NL and AL that isn't publicly known yet.

Pretty interesting. And, a good reminder that we haven't even begun to get a glimpse of what led up to this horror.

I've been reading the Twitter account and personal blog of one of the men who is being widely quoted by media about his encounter/acquaintance with NL. He's rightfully upset that the media is pillaging his site and pulling quotes mish-mash. Of course, he did choose to share in public forums about her.

However, he notes that he has friends who evidently knew her well and that there's evidently a lot that went on at home between NL and AL that isn't publicly known yet.

Pretty interesting. And, a good reminder that we haven't even begun to get a glimpse of what led up to this horror.

I'll bet!

But I will wait patiently to find out! :)

OMG!! OMG!! I just remembered!!! There was a link on the last thread! I believe teacher Victoria Soto's webpage (for the school??) announced the plans for the children to make Gingerbread houses that morning and Mr. Murphy was her aide in the classroom. I need to go find it, but could Adam have seen this and knew exactly where Mrs. Murphy would be??

I think it was Mrs Monohans class. i had posted that snippet earlier

http://myschooldesk.net/newtown/teachersite.aspx#site.7399_pid.31545_mid.166389

""Construction is set for Friday morning December 14th at 9:45 in our classroom and should last for about an hour and a half. The more helping hands we have, the smoother the project goes. So if any of you moms or dads can spare the time, we could really use you! The gingerbread houses are going to be fragile until the icing sets, so I will keep them over the weekend to let everything harden. ""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie