Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodibug, congratulations! Tell us more!

Annasmom, Jodibug has a thread in the Jury room. Will come back and link it. I miss those days with no sleep, wrinkled skin, and the blister on the lip from nursing. How soon we forget after those first few weeks of sleep deprived nights. Congrats Jodibug! I can't wait for my nephew to get here, edd 07-15.

Stopping in today on National Missing Childrens day. I was just about to call our local oldies station, 94.7 true oldies to request Brandy- Looking Glass for Anna, and guess what was playing! Guess I will have to call in another request when I ask everyone to keep their porch lights on tonight.

Thanks for the smile Anna, and letting us know you know we are thinking of you. Your timing was impeccable... now just give us a sign to find you!

Testing the link from the JR. This should work for members Annasmom.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65206

Annasmom, Jodibug has a thread in the Jury room. Will come back and link it. I miss those days with no sleep, wrinkled skin, and the blister on the lip from nursing. How soon we forget after those first few weeks of sleep deprived nights. Congrats Jodibug! I can't wait for my nephew to get here, edd 07-15.

Stopping in today on National Missing Childrens day. I was just about to call our local oldies station, 94.7 true oldies to request Brandy- Looking Glass for Anna, and guess what was playing! Guess I will have to call in another request when I ask everyone to keep their porch lights on tonight.

Thanks for the smile Anna, and letting us know you know we are thinking of you. Your timing was impeccable... now just give us a sign to find you!

Testing the link from the JR. This should work for members Annasmom.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65206

Thanks so much, Cubby. The porch light is on.

Attachments

193.5 KB · Views: 441
I wonder if it might be of any help in the search for Anna to photoshop her most recent age enhanced photo altering her hair color and styles. I find myself searching for only light blonds. Perhaps she has dyed it strawberry, auburn or brown. Perhaps she wears it pixie, bob or pageboy.

We'll be out of touch the next two weeks, but Doogie and SherlockJr know how to contact us if you find Anna before then! Hugs to you all.

I cannot remember who may or may not have been ruled out as "Anna", but while working on another case, the one of missing Michelle Marie Ashley Nicholaous (Doe case # 2355DFMA), several thing caused me pause. The first was a very young picture of her (not dated) that looked like Anna might have around age 6-8. The second thing was noticing that she grew up in Conn. Her birth date was listed as 10/18/66. In a bit further exploring this case, her mother's name was ROSE Young. I'm not clear if she or her mother was a nurse. The mother lived in Vermont in 1988 when her daughter went missing from MA with her children. It was also noted that MICHELLE had sandy brown thick hair and brown eyes. Again, since this young woman may have been killed at age 22, I hope this is not Anna. If this has already been explored, sorry for the repetition. There is DNA on file for Michelle.

:clap:A big thank you to Tuitsweet for her assistance in the newspaper archive lookup. Dr. Doogie, you were right about the kidnapping in the Bahamas.

:clap:A big thank you to Tuitsweet for her assistance in the newspaper archive lookup. Dr. Doogie, you were right about the kidnapping in the Bahamas.

Sounds intriguing. Is this something you can share with the forum?

While searching Google for possibly related events, SherlockJr found a partially listed story about a kidnapped girl who had been found in February 1973. Because it was a snippet of the article, what was not clear until we found the entire story is that the girl was identified and that the kidnapping and recovery were in the Bahamas. Turns out that there is no relation to Anna's case, but SherlockJr is definitely continuing to "beat the bushes" looking for leads!

Yes it was intriguing iW! I was gonna send you on this search since it was published in a Nebraska newspaper. Here was the bait...

"Feb 19, 1973 - [SIZE=-1]The kidnapers had left her in an abandoned church near an old lumber camp on the north shore of the island about 10 miles from the Spencers' home. " From The Lincoln Star (Newspaper) - February 19, 1973[/SIZE]

shadowangel
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie
It is stunning the number of missing children from the 1970's and 1980's - before we had Amber Alerts, the NCMEC, Megan's Law, etc. There were an alarming string of child abductions in Northern California alone. However, I do not believe that Anna was taken by a stranger, as coming posts will demonstrate.

In just a very quick cross-reference in my files, I found these around the time of Anna's disappearance on the west coast-
June '71-Debra Pscholka from Corona, CA (12 years old)
Jan '73-Anna Waters
Jan '74-Donna Packenham from Vallejo, CA (13 years old)
March '74-Heidi Peterson from Seattle WA ( 4 years old-remains found 11 months later in a garbage can near her home)
April '74-Cindy Sumpter from San Jose CA (5 years old)
June '74-Michelle Booher from Long Beach, CA (4 years old, later recovered from William Clifton Knapp living in a boarding house under false ID)
Oct '74-Patricia Kompas from Woodland Hills, CA (10 years old)
March '77-Brandi Summers and her youger sister Tiffany Wise from San Bernandino, CA (4 years old-mother had been killed in the home, a baby was left alive in the home)

Distances vary, but just this short list seems like a lot for the time frame...

The name Jack Clifton Sharp, or is he William Clifton Knapp, came up in a newspaper archive I had Tuitsweet do a look-up of. Supposedly he was arrested in Dec 1973 for auto theft and had a 5 yr old girl claiming the girl to be his daughter. The child was placed in a foster home and later turned out to be a girl missing since Nov 1973. He was arrested in summer of 1974 after abducting a 4 yr old. All this I believe occurred in LA or San Diego. However, his name shows up in San Mateo Court system in 1974. Too close to home for me! Remember our newspaper tipster who claimed to have seen Anna was with a man named "Bill" who is about the same age as this guy.

shadowangel
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie
It is stunning the number of missing children from the 1970's and 1980's - before we had Amber Alerts, the NCMEC, Megan's Law, etc. There were an alarming string of child abductions in Northern California alone. However, I do not believe that Anna was taken by a stranger, as coming posts will demonstrate.

In just a very quick cross-reference in my files, I found these around the time of Anna's disappearance on the west coast-
June '71-Debra Pscholka from Corona, CA (12 years old)
Jan '73-Anna Waters
Jan '74-Donna Packenham from Vallejo, CA (13 years old)
March '74-Heidi Peterson from Seattle WA ( 4 years old-remains found 11 months later in a garbage can near her home)
April '74-Cindy Sumpter from San Jose CA (5 years old)
June '74-Michelle Booher from Long Beach, CA (4 years old, later recovered from William Clifton Knapp living in a boarding house under false ID)
Oct '74-Patricia Kompas from Woodland Hills, CA (10 years old)
March '77-Brandi Summers and her youger sister Tiffany Wise from San Bernandino, CA (4 years old-mother had been killed in the home, a baby was left alive in the home)

Distances vary, but just this short list seems like a lot for the time frame...

The name Jack Clifton Sharp, or is he William Clifton Knapp, came up in a newspaper archive I had Tuitsweet do a look-up of. Supposedly he was arrested in Dec 1973 for auto theft and had a 5 yr old girl claiming the girl to be his daughter. The child was placed in a foster home and later turned out to be a girl missing since Nov 1973. He was arrested in summer of 1974 after abducting a 4 yr old. All this I believe occurred in LA or San Diego. However, his name shows up in San Mateo Court system in 1974. Too close to home for me! Remember our newspaper tipster who claimed to have seen Anna was with a man named "Bill" who is about the same age as this guy.

There's a post in the old Sharon Marshall forum with an article posted. Scroll down a few posts for the article.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:8ayKoJ6XKb0J:websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D39611+jack+clifton+sharp&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Knapp was apparently an alias. I wonder where Jack Clifton Sharp was in Jan 73.

...snip

Do you have an approx year or date of birth? There are 3 Jack C. Sharps listed in the SS death records...Is he still living? There is one listed as last resident in WA state...WA has come up several times.

ETA: Actually there are very few Jack Sharps listed in Ancestory...but 713 John Sharps. Ugh, jack is often the nick for john. (Which I always though was odd. :))

The link to San Mateo County was for a change of trial venue. From an article:

"His trial on two counts of child stealing, one of
child molestation and two of car theft was moved to
Redwood City on a change of venue motion granted by
Long Beach Superior Court Judge John Arguellcs.
In granting the motion, Arguclles said pretrial
publicity in the Los Angeles area could possibly prejudice
the Sharp case."

Do you have an approx year or date of birth? There are 3 Jack C. Sharps listed in the SS death records...Is he still living? There is one listed as last resident in WA state...WA has come up several times.

ETA: Actually there are very few Jack Sharps listed in Ancestory...but 713 John Sharps. Ugh, jack is often the nick for john. (Which I always though was odd. :))

One article says he was 44 in 1974, this puts his birth around 1930 give or take a year.

...Remember our newspaper tipster who claimed to have seen Anna was with a man named "Bill" who is about the same age as this guy.

For the life of me, I cannot recall the age that our tipster said that "Bill" claimed to be. What was it?

...I wonder where Jack Clifton Sharp was in Jan 73.

We are looking into that, but it appears that he is in the SF Bay Area in 2008. Because this guy seems to have used numerous aliases in the past, tracing his earlier whereabouts is proving tricky. I have been able to place someone by the same name as one of his aliases as probably in San Mateo in mid-February 1973, but honestly, I doubt it is the same guy - we will need to determine much more about Sharp's background and family ties before we can connect these possibilities.

There is a lot of media coverage (and hence, internet information) about him right up to the sentencing stage of his trial, but we have not been able to determine the length of his actual sentence. (He was eligible for up to 60 years in prison, but this being California, he probably served substantially less time and is free today.)

This guy is a bad, bad man. He kidnapped one 5 year old girl and held her until he was arrested on a car theft charge a couple of months later. Because he was able to "brainwash" this girl into believing that he was her father, authorities also believed it and placed her into the foster system since her "father" was incarerated. While he was in jail, it was determined that he had an outstanding warrant for child molestation. The same day as he was released from jail, he immediately kidnapped another girl. Fortunately, he was arrested within days and the second girl was returned to her family. Eventually, a detective realized that the first girl was actually a missing child and was removed from foster care and returned to her family. So in summary, this guy had one outstanding molestation warrant, kidnaps one girl, then immediately kidnapped another girl upon his release - three victims in a short period of time. As I said, a very bad, bad man.

The first child was kidnapped on her way to school by Sharp, but I can't find anything about the second child. Any idea if either known cases were random, or did he stalked these victims first?

The first child was kidnapped on her way to school by Sharp, but I can't find anything about the second child. Any idea if either known cases were random, or did he stalked these victims first?

Evidently, he stalked the second girl prior to her abduction. He was observed watching her as she waited to be picked up by a family member after school, then abducted her one day when the family member was a little late. She was enticed into the car by an offer of candy.

Interestingly, the first girl was told by Sharp that her mother had died and that he was her father. In the couple of months that she was with him, she became completely convinced that this was true. This is why when he was arrested for car theft, she was placed into foster care - she believed that this was true so LE had no reason to suspect otherwise. This scenario matches exactly what we have suspected may have happened to Anna.

At this point, we have no reason to believe that Sharp had anything to do with Anna's abduction, but it seems prudent to explore this possibility. I remain convinced that Anna disappearance was related to the two Georges and their insurance schemes, but must remain open to other options. One encouraging note, if Sharp was involved, is that all three of his known victims are alive. He seems to have been a kidnapper and molester, but not a murderer. Again, I do not think that he was involved, but if he was, there is still reason for hope.

Just wondering, do any pictures of this Jack C. Sharp exist? Especially any from the early to mid 70's? If so, is it possible to get back in contact with the tipster who believed she saw Anna in the fall of 76 with a man named "Bill" is it possible to have her look at a photo and see if this is the man she remembers seeing?

Since he would have been incarcerated after 74 it's still possible he could have passed Anna along to an associate while he was incarcerated. Especially if he had a relatively short sentance.

Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members