Why didn't Billie call Shawn before going to CCPD to report Hailey missing?

My kids are grown & gone now but when they were younger they had some time on their own in between school & when I got home from work. I could probably tell you what time my daughter left, and be quite accurate. However, if I had asked my husband or my son what time she left, they weren't likely to give me an exact time. For example they might say "it was after 3" or "between 3 & 3:30". I think mothers in general tend to keep an eye on the clock so to speak. (No offense to any of you dads!)

The 3:15 time strikes me as a little odd. So did that come from Shawn or Billie's statements? I'm sorry, I've read so many, I can't keep it straight now. Also, if I discovered my daughter wasn't where she was supposed to be, in addition to everything else you've already mentioned .... I'd want to know what she took with her. My daughter never went to stay anywhere overnight without taking a special little pillow. That's why I'd want to know exactly what she had when she walked out the door, in addition to what clothes she was wearing, etc.

All JMO

I think not calling or going straight to MB's house is just as wonky, if not more so, than not calling SA. I just can't understand not calling MB's mom or going to their house to find out what, if anything, MB knew about where Hailey may have stayed, while calling SA with the other hand.

I think not calling or going straight to MB's house is just as wonky, if not more so, than not calling SA. I just can't understand not calling MB's mom or going to their house to find out what, if anything, MB knew about where Hailey may have stayed, while calling SA with the other hand.

I agree. One starts with what they know and work from there. If the last thing you knew was that she spent the night with MB then why not go over and see what happened? Ask if she had an argument, or changed her mind, or used that as a cover. I would wonder if she was meeting up with a boy and using MB as a cover story. Wouldn't MB maybe be in on it and one would want to ask her in person. I would.

So0 in this case Billie did not go to the two main sources at all. Shwan who told her the story, and MB's, where she was supposed to be.

bbm

Wonky... :thumb:

It would be interesting to know if when she went to CCPD if she at that time gave a description of what she was wearing when she left the house.

If she hadn't seen her leave she would of had no idea what she was wearing when she went missing.

I believe when she was making the report that would be the first things LE would have asked her...

And she never called SA from the PD station either

SO.......:cursing:......:ziplip:

bbm

Excellent point.

But Billie did see what Hailey was wearing the night before, Sunday night. I would love for DD to tell us exactly what Hailey was wearing when she was playing the X box. I have a feeling that it will match what she was supposed to be wearing on Monday.

IMO Billie didn't call Shawn because it wasn't part of the plan. Shawn already knew what was going to happen and that's one of the reasons why he stayed away from the house on Tuesday. It makes no sense at all for Billie to have not called Shawn tofind out if Shawn had all of the information correct IF they weren't in on it together.

I guess Billie and Shawn thought that people wouldn't question the story this much to see the glaring mistakes in it. I guess they found out that LE actually does question these things as well as the public.

MOO

Also I must add... For myself... When I have something as tragic as my child go missing... One of the first people I call is my significant other...

But thats just me.... I Guess...:ziplip:

According to BD: "I didn't even think to call Shawn."

images

SA had Billies car....she supposedly thought he was at work. In the same town where she worked. Yet, she didn't call him to pick her up and take her home. She didn't call him to tell him she was going home and why. AND, she pushed the panic button too fast to be believable. Didn't go to MB's house. Didn't talk to MB's mom.

I think Billie and SA did something to Hailey on Sun. night. Thought they had their story down pat.....seems they were wrong. Because too much of it defies logic! Makes NO sense! :maddening:

According to BD: "I didn't even think to call Shawn."

images

HINKY. I could maybe believe it if she said I thought he was out in the field and he couldnt be reached by phone....but to say she didnt even think to call him, that is B.S. imo.

I still find the fact that BD says that she didn't even think to call Shawn before going to the PD extremely odd..especially in light of what we have seen, heard and learned of their relationship. No one will ever be able to convince me that it didn't cross her mind to call him first..No Way, No How IMHO.. WHY wouldn't he be the first to call?..

First we have this *awesome* relationship :rolleyes:..and even if she thought he was at work and couldn't leave even in an emergency situation are we to believe that she didn't even call SA to inform him that Hailey was missing?..IF she was really as panicked and upset as she says and I assume she was, since she was on the phone to Clint asking him to call LE...And...Of course last but not least ..since HE says that he was the last person to see Hailey and HE was the one to relay her *supposed* plans to Billie..calling him first would make sense to me if for no other reason but that one! Not one bit of that makes sense to me no matter how I look at it..I find it so odd that it could even make some think that Shawn was being kept at a distance for a reason....:waitasec:..

Interesting as well to me that before going to the PD, Billie of course DOES go by her house (despite what was said early on)..but even more interesting is that she does not call Hailey's friends..she texts them..stranger still imo that she stops by Hailey's best friends house..(of course nobody is home) and she stops by the best friends grandmothers house (Surprise, surprise..again nobody is home!)...but she DOES NOT go by the friends house where Hailey was SUPPOSED to be spending the night. What would be a reasonable explanation for that?..

Snipped from the transcript of Billies interview from Bring Them Home Now..

Then around, around one o’clock, my sister‐in‐law picked me up from work, brought me back to town. I stopped at my house. Hailey wasn’t there yet. I got my cell phone, started texting some of her friends. We stopped by her best friend’s house, her grandma’s house, nobody was there, so stopped by the best friend’s parents’ house. Nobody was there, and we went to the police station and filed a missing persons report.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hai...alk-radio-interview-february-7-transcription/

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/02/08/exclusive-live--billie-dunn-speaks-1

I find the "Hailey wasn't there yet" strange too...but maybe that could be chalked up to something else...I don't even know anymore...

I'm pretty sure my first reaction would be to call and ask, "Are you *sure* it was MB's she said she was going to? Because she's not there, and didn't spend the night there."

It would be completely bizarre - I mean, completely, utterly, and totally bizarre - not to.

Unless, of course, you knew she hadn't spent the night there.

But... it's the same as calling D and saying, "Hey text MB and tell her to tell Hailey to come home."

I mean, how did you know Hailey wasn't already home?

This case is like a whole forest of red flags. With big red arrows. Pointing to two and only two very specific people.

My opinion.

OT I know..but, We know at least according to Shawn that his mother wasn't home when he got there on Monday..what about grandma..Do we know? ..and Hailey's best friend wasn't home and her friends grandmother wasn't home...Is it also a coincidence that everywhere they happened to go..nobody was home?

I'm pretty sure my first reaction would be to call and ask, "Are you *sure* it was MB's she said she was going to? Because she's not there, and didn't spend the night there."

It would be completely bizarre - I mean, completely, utterly, and totally bizarre - not to.

Unless, of course, you knew she hadn't spent the night there.

But... it's the same as calling D and saying, "Hey text MB and tell her to tell Hailey to come home."

I mean, how did you know Hailey wasn't already home?

This case is like a whole forest of red flags. With big red arrows. Pointing to two and only two very specific people.

My opinion.

BeanE, I can not come up with any semi-logical explanation as to why she wouldn't at the very least call him first..As you said...It only makes sense that the first thing anyone would do would be to contact the last person to see their child..especially when that's the same person to whom she *supposedly* told her plans..and ask "Are You Sure"? That didn't happen here and according to Billie..she didn't even think about it..WHY?

I still find the fact that BD says that she didn't even think to call Shawn before going to the PD extremely odd..especially in light of what we have seen, heard and learned of their relationship. No one will ever be able to convince me that it didn't cross her mind to call him first..No Way, No How IMHO.. WHY wouldn't he be the first to call?..

First we have this *awesome* relationship :rolleyes:..and even if she thought he was at work and couldn't leave even in an emergency situation are we to believe that she didn't even call SA to inform him that Hailey was missing?..IF she was really as panicked and upset as she says and I assume she was, since she was on the phone to Clint asking him to call LE...And...Of course last but not least ..since HE says that he was the last person to see Hailey and HE was the one to relay her *supposed* plans to Billie..calling him first would make sense to me if for no other reason but that one! Not one bit of that makes sense to me no matter how I look at it..I find it so odd that it could even make some think that Shawn was being kept at a distance for a reason....:waitasec:..

Interesting as well to me that before going to the PD, Billie of course DOES go by her house (despite what was said early on)..but even more interesting is that she does not call Hailey's friends..she texts them..stranger still imo that she stops by Hailey's best friends house..(of course nobody is home) and she stops by the best friends grandmothers house (Surprise, surprise..again nobody is home!)...but she DOES NOT go by the friends house where Hailey was SUPPOSED to be spending the night. What would be a reasonable explanation for that?..

Then around, around one o’clock, my sister‐in‐law picked me up from work, brought me back to town. I stopped at my house. Hailey wasn’t there yet. I got my cell phone, started texting some of her friends. We stopped by her best friend’s house, her grandma’s house, nobody was there, so stopped by the best friend’s parents’ house. Nobody was there, and we went to the police station and filed a missing persons report.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hai...alk-radio-interview-february-7-transcription/

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/02/08/exclusive-live--billie-dunn-speaks-1

ALL Excellent points PM. I could swear that BD said in an earlier interview that a "friend" picked her up, but maybe I am mistaken. Also, was it CD's sister or SA's sister that allegedly picked her up? In any event, I sure would like to know what the SIL has to say about her ride with BD and whether BD appeared upset and what exactly was said.

OT I know..but, We know at least according to Shawn that his mother wasn't home when he got there on Monday..what about grandma..Do we know? ..and Hailey's best friend wasn't home and her friends grandmother wasn't home...Is it also a coincidence that everywhere they happened to go..nobody was home?

IRONIC even... don't ya think?

DD was able to confirm where HD wasn't. He got info somehow. BUT BD got zip. :waitasec:

Why didn't Billie call Shawn before going to CCPD to report Hailey missing?

Bringing this over that Katydid23 posted, because I believe it has some very good questions and valid points and also this needs to be answered by Billie herself!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.02.07 BD interview on Bring Them Home Now

[quote Anyhow, before she decides to go to the police and report a kidnapping, wouldnt she think to speak to Shawn and ask him once again exactly what Hailey said, what she had on, where she was headed, what she took with her.

Snipped by me*

Probably the same reason SA didn't bother to call BD to tell her he walked out of his job:twocents:

So, her best friend has her own house and her parents have another house? OR was she trying to make it seem like they drove all over looking for Hailey?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back