2011.04.25 - The Trial Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember thinking that when I first heard about this case several years ago and I've checked time to time to see how close we were to getting justice for Sheri, Garrett and Gavin. Over the last 7 days I have re-read almost every post in this forum and on the original general threads. I am infuriated, really.

I am of course disgusted with the that was marauding as a father and husband. He alone is criminally responsible and he deserves worse than our justice system can offer. I have not been so disgusted with someone since the waste of space that took Laci and her Connor from this world.

I am disturbed by his parents. Not that they still love him. Of course they do but that they do it so blindly and at the expense of the memory of their daughter in law and beautiful, beautiful grandsons. Love your son but hate the sin and love him enough to tell him to do the right thing. Open your eyes, who else would take these three beautiful lives in this way? Look at the overwhelming evidence against your son.

I won't even comment on the other woman. She is a disgrace and I hope she is haunted by what she did to Sheri in life and who she was attracted to.

Finally, I am disgusted with how JMM handled the threats and how Sheri's friend was dealt with after her death. Complete CYA. I am also disturbed by what a business faith has become in America but that's a whole different rant.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those who miss Sheri, Garrett and Gavin. I believe that these three beautiful people are enveloped in the overwhelming agape love of the Father, the joy of seeing the face of their Savior and overwhelming peace of the Holy Spirit. They no longer know any pain or even the anguish of who took them from this world. I believe he matters no longer to them and that brings me peace.

Respectfully snipped and bolded.

We have the first officer on the scene indicating that Sheri's head, neck and shoulders seemed "locked" when he tried to roll her over to check her. An adult would not go into full rigor in under 2 hours.

The facts of her being discovered nude and face down with her hair over her face just add to the potential horror, in my opinion.

Exactly. There is no way that several individuals could all be wrong about the condition of the bodies in relation to time of death. The deaths also occurred within a controlled environment (inside a furnished home, in bed), leading to them remaining "warm" longer. MOO

Is the general consensus that Sheri was indeed killed first, with the boys killed immediately afterward or after a few hours had elapsed? :waitasec:

I tend to think that Sheri was indeed killed first. As far as the boys being killed a few hours later, I have no idea.

I tend to think that Sheri was indeed killed first. As far as the boys being killed a few hours later, I have no idea.

I'm basically curious if he'd planned (in advance before killing Sheri) to kill all three of them or if killing the boys was an afterthought, so to speak. Hopefully Dr. Baden can shed some more light on it during his testimony. MOO

Meanwhile, have a good night everyone! :seeya:

Note: Hockey (Blues Note) does that help with your question from last week? Looks like they might be bussing people starting around 8AM or so?

Clears that question up nicely Wrinkles!

I wish Illinois still had death penalty but lovely George Ryan took care of that at the end of his term. So many was on death row (I think 170+?) and now we pay for life sentences. I know a few in my area who had friends/family victims that the perp got death but now still here. :(

I'm basically curious if he'd planned (in advance before killing Sheri) to kill all three of them or if killing the boys was an afterthought, so to speak. Hopefully Dr. Baden can shed some more light on it during his testimony. MOO

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I, too, wonder if he had always planned to kill the boys. My guy says his plan was always to kill all three so he could be completely free of all of his obligations.

Don't know if I am imagining this or not - does anyone remember, way back in the beginning, some comments regarding the video in Gold's Gym? It seems he was shown walking in, then leaving after a few minutes. Also, I think LE searched the gym and the area around it. Will look for the thread tomorrow, but I'm sure we discussed it. How long would it have taken to get to the gym from Coleman's house?

IMO, he planned to kill all three. That is the only solution that would have brought him the freedom he wanted. If the boys were still alive, he would still be bound by the fact of their being the very physical, tangible tie between him and Sheri.

He bought the spray paint ahead of time. He wanted a vasectomy reversal and was house shopping with TL before the murders. He no more wanted his children than he wanted his life with Sheri, IMO.

For every picture that we look at and think "how beautiful Sheri and Gavin and Garrett were," he looked at them and saw three roadblocks in the path of his future, supposedly better, life.

I remember something about video from the gym and Chris not staying at the gym long. I also remember that Detectives went to Gold's Gym and interviewed someone and that they did searches of the trash and dumpsters.

I finally found it - from a post in June 2009 by WRINKLES!!! I should have known you found this for us!! I'm reposting it because it has a lot of pertinent info. Thank you, Wrinkles!
(Red highlight by me)

"Fact: CC put himself at the house until 5:45AM (that is the time he gave)
Fact: CC said his wife was alive when he left
Fact: Video surveillance has him leaving the house at 5:43AM, has no other person coming or going (from its vantage point) before/after
Fact: CC caught on gym surveillance 6:00AM
Fact: CC was away from premises 1 hour 8 minutes, he returned 6:51AM
Fact: CC had injury right forearm (abrasion/scratches), said he didn't know how he got it, then slammed arm against gurney, then told his father it was a gurney injury.
Fact: Expert found victims to have died as early as 11PM May 4th, no later than 5:00AM May 5th (11 p.m. to 3 a.m., but possibly up to – but not after – 5 a.m.)
Fact: At 6:51AM, full rigor mortis noted in one victim, also livor mortis (entire body locked, rigid, discolored). One victim algor mortis (cold). See facts on rigor, livor and algor mortis.
Fact: Officers left water, grass clippings on floor from back window entry, they found no similar evidence of a previous entry.
Fact: At the viewing of the bodies, CC gave off a very definite "smell" (vibe) to people who had previously known him, yet had never previously thought about him as possible perp.
Fact: CC hired a defense attorney the day of the deaths.
Fact: Funds for CC's defense were solicited at viewing of bodies and Coleman arranged funeral.
Fact: So-called threat emailed Nov 14, 2008 emitted from CC's laptop/aircard.
Fact: CC's girlfriend said CC and girlfriend had sexual relationship from Nov 2008 on.
Fact: CC was having a text/video/*advertiser censored*/internet relationship with his girlfriend.
Fact: CC and girlfriend met in Arizona and Hawaii (reported as trysts), planned cruise together in August, had credit card together, planned wedding in 2010.
Fact: CC told girlfriend on May 4th, he was going to serve divorce papers May 5th.
Fact: The misspelling of "at least" one particular word was found consistent in the so-called threats and CC's documents.
Fact: There are many other facts which have been revealed, and many which we cannot yet know.

Further facts:
Fact: There has been no reward fund established by the CC family (parents, brothers, cousins -- actually anyone related, not anyone at all) to find the real killer.

Additional facts:

Fact: CC NEVER appeared on TV, nor was he heard on the radio asking and/or begging everyone to help find the person who murdered his wife and two children.
Fact: CC NEVER established a reward fund to help find the person who murdered his wife and children, though he had plenty of time to do so before he was arrested.
Fact: There is no information about CC taking a lie detector test on behalf of his loved ones and in hopes of getting LE directed toward a "real killer."

Continuing facts:

Fact: CC said he and Sheri had a good marriage with no problems. He said he and his wife sought counseling in 2008 and it helped.
Fact: CC "originally said he talked to a friend of Sheri's in Florida. He said they talked about body parts, but nothing else. He said Sheri would not be happy."
Fact: CC's girlfriend gave an anniversary date of November 5th -- which is prior to the first e-mail threat (which was on Nov. 14, 2008)
Fact: CC and girlfriend were looking for homes and a job for the girlfriend in St. Louis.
Fact: LE found no evidence of divorce papers intended for filing by CC on May 5th.
Fact: CC installed surveillance cameras as a side business. He installed some inside his home (an LE neighbor worked with him). The week before the murders, CC told the neighbor LE he was waiting for a power source to activate his cameras, he was offered by the neighbor LE to call ISP to help get a power source. CC turned neighbor LE down. CC's cameras were operational and functional.
Fact: May 1st, Coleman showed his surveillance equipment to a neighbor, it was all there at the time.
Fact: Police asked "What can we do to find the killer?" CC responded, "I don't know. I guess you can look at my videos." Police checked and found the video recorder (DVR) gone (hookups were twist lock connections). The DVR was missing. LE found a faceplate for the same make/model DVR near the JB Bridge in the West bound lanes (route CC took to/from gym on May 5th). They found invoices for the DVR (company where Coleman did purchasing).

WAIT HOLD ON... IN A PRELIM NEWS REPORTS...
Gold's gym videos see CC entering/exiting bathroom but no other activity...

Someone, please go to Gold's and find out what the videos would show, if someone were working out or just loitering there. Are we to think that these Gold's gyms videos only track bathroom attractions? If CC went to the gym that morning, did he just go to have a good bowel movement?

i asked this before somewhere but can't find my post. is this being streamed live online? tia

Not that we're aware of. :( I don't think there are cameras in the courtroom.

i was reading elsewhere and they were talking about the long day of trial watching. but thanks. i'm glad i didn't miss anything live online

OOOOoooooohhhhh great gobbledeygoooooooks....

I feel queasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member