The Alarm/Security System

Wow, that was from the dogs setting off the alarm? So maybe the motion detectors were pointed to the ceiling or something...

But I just don't see why anyone would bother tampering with the motion detectors. The only way you'd have to worry about them would be if the alarm was on and in "away" mode. And no one ever intentionally set it that way.

I'd forgotten that the alarm triggered the dog drama as well.
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30058578/lee-das-closes-case-on-sievers-family-dogs#.Vpgw0a88KrU

Who needs to tamper with motion sensors if you have a code to turn off the alarm?

Haha, that's true! My posts were were piggybacking off the other posters who were saying the alarm issues that BS had didn't appear choreographed, and how did MS know BS would call having issues, so he could then say "Don't worry about setting it". I was trying to think of what their plan b would have been, as I dont think they would have been as stupid to use the code to enter and exit, as that would scream inside job. Hence, the comment I made about Simplysafe and the way you can arm with an open door. When I was researching that, I saw the video about the sheet fooling a motion detector. Posting that was a little off topic, but it surprised me that it was that easy. We know CWW worked for an alarm company, and he also was "allegedly" linked to stolen property before, like the computers. I guess my line of thought was, it may not be as hard to beat an alarm system as we think, if you have the need and the prior experience. All moot really, because that's not what ended up happening anyway. BS had the issues setting it, which gave MS the ability to tell her not to.

AZLAWYER...I feel like the kid in the back of the room, waving her hand, "I know, I know!" Okay, maybe I don't really KNOW:pullhair::pullhair:....BUT I have a really good guess the "special closing" was done with a "designated BURNER PHONE." So then when LE asked for MS's phone, he had no problem handing over his personal phone....because that was not the designated phone used for "SPECIAL CLOSING."
All burner phones HAVE TO BE ACTIVATED FROM ANOTHER PHONE NUMBER....find out that number, and this case is 90% solved.

Unfortunately, this is not always true. I bought a "burner" phone at Target one day because my cell had a dead battery, grr. Customer service was awesome enough to do it for me from their phone. I wasn't asked for any information other than my receipt to prove I bought the phone there. It could still be traced however, by backtracking the activation phone (Target) and using the timestamp to backtrack to potential checkout times, hopefully security cameras at the register, me roaming the store...

Skanky people will always find a way to try and fool LE. We had a restraining order against someone who would try get around the 'no contact' by borrowing strangers' cell phones. Idiot.

AZLAWYER...I feel like the kid in the back of the room, waving her hand, "I know, I know!" Okay, maybe I don't really KNOW:pullhair::pullhair:....BUT I have a really good guess the "special closing" was done with a "designated BURNER PHONE." So then when LE asked for MS's phone, he had no problem handing over his personal phone....because that was not the designated phone used for "SPECIAL CLOSING."
All burner phones HAVE TO BE ACTIVATED FROM ANOTHER PHONE NUMBER....find out that number, and this case is 90% solved.

To me this is the most sensible reason..... my system I can program my Iphone my laptop and my office computer to go into system turn on turn off, change temperatures set special conditions as long as you have the password and correct id it works

IMO, it calls the arming of the system without a user code a "Special Closing".

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Like when I used my key fob when I had a system like this, I think that was recorded as a "special closing." But how did BS accomplish any "special closing" at all?

There's also the issue that MS was very insistent the alarm be set in 'Stay' mode because otherwise the dogs might set off the alarm and there could be a big fee for a false alarm.

It's a bit confusing, but it appears that Saturday morning she tried to set it using the Stay button, but that didn't work so she used her access code. As we can see from the alarm download, this set the alarm in 'Away' mode (though she didn't know that). She did the same thing on Sunday morning because she thought the Stay button hadn't worked overnight.

So to be precise, she called MS to tell him the Stay button didn't seem to be working, and asking should she just use her code. From her testimony, it was his concern that the alarm would be triggered by the animals that persuaded her not to try to set the alarm at all.

Reading the testimony, I find it hard to imagine how the sequence of events she describes could actually have been choreographed in advance by MS.

BBM. Thought I was losing it last night when I came to the same conclusion, stay + user code sets the alarm in away mode; stay with no user card sets the alarm in stay mode?So confusing. Makes sense of the records if "special closing" would mean simply hitting the "stay" button?

Could be wireless key!!!!!!

attachment.php

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/802580/Dsc-Power-832.html?page=46

-Nin

Attachments

• special closing.png
    special closing.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 295
The PC5132-NB and PC5132-433 receivers detect jamming signals that can prevent the receiver from properly receiving transmissions from enrolled devices. If the system detects jamming signals for longer than 30 seconds, the Trouble (or System) light will turn on. The keypad will not sound trouble beeps for an RF jam trouble unless the Audible RF Trouble(Keypad Beeps) option is turned on. If the system detects jamming signals for longer than 5 minutes, the panel will send a General System Trouble reporting code
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/802580/Dsc-Power-832.html?term=away&selected=1&page=19#manual

I don't know if we have any evidence that the dogs had set off the motion detectors in the past. It might have been a purely hypothetical concern.

When MS lived in St. Pete he was charged with four separate false alarm violations over a five month period. Not relevant at all to this case since they occurred in 2001 and obviously not for the house he lives in now, but he seems to be no stranger to false alarms.

https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/PublicAccess/default.aspx

And I know it has already been mentioned that Lee County Domestic Animal Services was contacted after LE responded to the house for an alarm call in September, but here's the full alarm/dog report: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2427067/sievers-dog-report.pdf

I wonder if CWW and JR were in the house hiding when BS came in Sunday am? If they were that would be really freaky. My house has a similar floor plan like they have.

Speaking of the ALARM.... this has been confusing to me per memories of listening to BS interview. We know MS told BS not to worry about the alarm, to leave it off.

IIRC, she had trouble setting it to ON leaving that Sunday evening therefore she called MS (he said not worry, leave off). Per interview, IIRC she questioned herself as to if she had activated it or not leaving that morning but seemed pretty sure she de-activated it upon entering that evening THEN trouble activating upon leaving with TS due home a few hours later. In the 1st or 2nd doc dump there was info pointing to the alarm being manipulated at 6:09AM that Sunday morning before BS was due there to feed the pets BUT I never found where it stated that the alarm was activated OR de-activated that Sunday morning. I chose to believe it was DE-ACTIVATED. Then BS entered after de-activating (which it already was).... but did she turn it ON leaving Sunday morning OR was the alarm DISABLED period so it didn't matter what she did?

NOTE: there was a way to set alarm ON without activating motion detectors---that's what worried BS when she called MS, she knew if it was messed up it would go off & be a False Alarm, then a fine. The Agenda strikes again.

IF the alarm was actually disabled THEN when BS left Sunday morning, and she (thought she) turned it ON on her way out.... she was in a hurry to get home, change clothes & go to church & may not have noticed anything on the keypad like an error code or the word 'error'. OR maybe there's a way to disable & nothing shows up on the keypad???

Hope I didn't miss alarm info that was OBVIOUS... if so, my "O"pologies! Seems this would be factual evidence SAO would not release til later---will come out at trial if so. LE would know if the alarm was activated remotely or not---if remotely from a device, they would know the device & where that device was at that time. If done manually, they'd know who was there at that time, right? CWW & JRR parked somewhere close then entered the house, where & how we don't yet know.

Can one of the Mods move this post to the Alarm/Security thread? Sorry I posted in the wrong thread!

Since a lot of documents have been made view able to the public perhaps someone thought money was still in the house.

Or valuables. It was a doctor and the house has been vacant for quite sometime.

Maybe it was someone just living in there. They do that a lot down here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back