TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, perhaps he is not primarily a PI? I have no idea either way. My LinkedIn is not up to date, because I am not looking for employment. I still message & follow others on it. If this is the recorded owner of a neighboring house & the Ruff family said they contacted the neighbor, it stands to reason that the neighbor is the the neighbor. See where I am going with this? Sometimes I think we look to deeply for hidden meanings or out of the box interpretations.
Yea I'm not saying he's not legit. He lives like 2 doors down. Based on his successful career, I doubt he is trolling ys for fun. I was just stating facts.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Linda, can you expound on this? I don't seem to remember seeing anything about this in the thread.

There is a son of Fred Howder who moved to Ponder TX. I see addresses for him in Denton TX as early as 1983. If the howders are connected, it is possible he helped Lori. He has an AKA of last name S. I don't know if he had a legal name change or was adopted or whatever but he has howder and an aka.
If it was a legal change there has to be a record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first post on WS, so I hope it isn't a stupid question. When FLEK had her name legally change from BST to LEK did she have to give a reason for the change? Would there be a record of the reason for it or would that be sealed for some reason. This case baffles me.

When my adult daughter had her last name changed, she had to give a reason for doing it on the paperwork.

There is a son of Fred Howder who moved to Ponder TX. I see addresses for him in Denton TX as early as 1983. If the howders are connected, it is possible he helped Lori. He has an AKA of last name S. I don't know if he had a legal name change or was adopted or whatever but he has howder and an aka.

Why would TT say FLEK might be one of FH's daughters? I'm leaning more into thinking that she was a girlfriend of one of FH's sons. If she was a stripper she might have met him in one of those clubs.

FH his father is FTH.
FTH first wife is Wanda. Wanda death 1954 Los Angeles. Mother of FH.
So, is AJ Johnson the second wife of FTH?
Johnson had at least five children in Los Angeles prior to death of FTH in 1971. Johnson death Los Angeles 1989. Her younger children are very hard to track!

Would FH be a nice enough guy to help a half sister?

Thoughts?

Why would TT say FLEK might be one of FH's daughters? I'm leaning more into thinking that she was a girlfriend of one of FH's sons. If she was a stripper she might have met him in one of those clubs.

It wasnt stated that she was one of howders daughter he said you should ask F.H. i cant find where i read that . but im sure some else may remember

Just mentioning this. But it's really weird she was both a mystery shopper and an identity thief. There have to be similar patterns in both roles. Did she train people to "mystery shop?" I'd love to hear her thought process on shopping anonymously, yet gathering information. It seems like it could be a key to figuring out who she is.

Thanks for sharing Linda9681!
This will keep us on our toes for the next lil while :)
Fingers crossed we do learn more.
Best!

This case is being investigated by the Social Security Administration Office of the Inspector General. The decedent committed suicide in 2010, and it was subsequently learned that she had been living under an assumed identity. Her true identity is unknown. The image in NamUs is an actual photograph of the decedent taken in 1990.

Brown hair, hazel eyes,
Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Minimum age 41 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 160, Estimated
Height (inches) 70, Estimated
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

2012-2013 Discussion Thread
Timeline and Media Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Photos Only *NO DISCUSSION*

Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

Unidentified and Unclaimed Forum Suggestions & Guidelines **REQUIRED READING**

Forum Index of all other "Lori Ruff" threads: Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas

Post #1 of this thread has links to helpful information for this case. Sometimes questions can be answered by looking through the links such as "Timeline and Media Links" and "Photos". The Photos thread contains pictures of documents for easy reading instead of having to link to news articles.

There's a lot of information to keep track of, so it's understandable that we all get confused sometimes or forget things. It's been three years, hard to believe.

A woman that I am working on the podcast/Wordpress blog with has apparently cintacted Blake directly- asking if further coverage is endorsed by the Ruff family. The first couple of cases they covered were a juxtaposition of the family involvement, so I guess they are trying to find a middle ground case. Anyway, just thought I'd follow up on that end- please remind me to update about it in a week or so if I haven't already shared anything. This true crime sleuthing isn't my full time thing or even my part time passion. The dedication of some of you all is admirable, here I am trying to keep matched socks in the bureau. Also, OT: I know the Deorr Kunz Jr. thread is closed (for good reason, IMO) but there is a podcast being produced by BYU-I students about his case. Worth a listen & feedback appreciated, students love to learn. It is available on the East Idaho News FB and webpage.
*I am in no way affiliated with BYU, BYU-I, or East Idaho News. Just passing along info to fellow sleuthers/podcasters that may be interested.

There's quite a bit of discussion on this over the last few weeks on this thread and the possible reasons. e.g. possibility of TT having affair with FH's wife, etc.

Post #1 of this thread has links to helpful information for this case. Sometimes questions can be answered by looking through the links such as "Timeline and Media Links" and "Photos". The Photos thread contains pictures of documents for easy reading instead of having to link to news articles.

There's a lot of information to keep track of, so it's understandable that we all get confused sometimes or forget things. It's been three years, hard to believe.
Yes I think it's only respectful to the people who have been working on this for years (i'm not talking about myself here, I only heard about the case a few months back) to read all the information before starting to ask questions that could be answered by previous info in the threads.

Bringing forward:

Timeline from wiki (in my own words)

May 1988: She requested the birth certificate of Becky Sue Turner, a two-year-old girl who was killed in a house fire in Washington in 1971. The request was made in Bakersfield, California.

June 16th 1988: She traveled to Idaho, where she obtained a state ID card using the girl's birth certificate.

July 5th 1988: After obtaining the driver's license, Ruff went before a judge in Dallas to legally changed her name to Lori Erica Kennedy

July 1988: She obtained a social security number, effectively erasing her past.

1989: She received a Texas driver license

1990: Qualified for a GED then enrolled in Dallas County Community College.

1997: Graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1997, with a degree in Business Administration.

2003: Met Blake

2008: Had daughter after several miscarriages

2010: Blake files for divorce and on Xmas Eve Loris kills herself (shot in the head on in-laws driveway)

All correct?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Erica_Ruff

FYI - We do have a detailed timeline in the media thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215578-Timeline-and-Media-Thread-*NO-DISCUSSION*

Thanks for this. It's the Idaho ID application I'm interested in, I guess there's no trace of that? Surely she must have needed more than a random birth certificate to get a state ID card, otherwise it would be a common method for teens to get hold of "older" ID?

This is exactly what I did when I wanted a fake ID to get into bars when I was 18. I altered my birth certificate, took it to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles, and told them my purse was stolen. I needed a new DL.

The woman looked on the computer and said, "Your birthdate is listed as 1967, not 1964."

Me: Wow... that's incorrect. Must have been a mistake on the DMV's part and I just never noticed. Here's my birth certificate.

Her: Here's your new driver's license.

Does anyone remember if the Ng family who lived two homes over from the Idaho ID address was related to a Woo family? I swear. We ha d found some connection to a woo family. I have a reason for asking

Does anyone remember if the Ng family who lived two homes over from the Idaho ID address was related to a Woo family? I swear. We ha d found some connection to a woo family. I have a reason for asking

I very vaguely remember a connection made, I'm sure it is on one of the boards here. I read through everything I heard about this woman here & on the Thinking Sideways podcast, which introduced me to the case. I don't know where in the sub threads you are going to find the reference, but I remember the connection.

Just mentioning this. But it's really weird she was both a mystery shopper and an identity thief. There have to be similar patterns in both roles. Did she train people to "mystery shop?" I'd love to hear her thought process on shopping anonymously, yet gathering information. It seems like it could be a key to figuring out who she is.

I am pretty sure I discussed this before somewhere in this forum. I am about the same age as we think FLEK is and I worked in market research for the past 30 years. In addition, I was involved in helping people that were adopted find their biological families in the late 1980's, around the same time that FLEK went through the process of changing her identity. This was before the internet and we used the same techniques to find adoptee's families that FLEK likely used to find the BST name. Now 30 years later and I am still interested in digging up information on people, places and things. Of course, it is all a lot easier now with the internet, but the thought process behind these things is definitely very similar. It's all about being analytical and connecting the dots in disparate pieces of information. (I hope that makes sense.)

I remember something to do with Ng and Woo families but I don't remember what it was. Did you try searching the forum?

Was there some connection to Laciner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member