The Pope has arrived.

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=596564

The world leader of the Catholic church has touched down in Australia for a brief refuelling stop in Darwin.
Pope Benedict XVI touched down at Darwin airport at 9.10am (CST) Sunday.
The 75-minute stopover in the steamy capital has been shrouded in secrecy but the Pope was expected to disembark the plane to shake hands with RAAF base commander Peter Viggers.
Darwin's Bishop Eugene Hurley will present the Pope with a picture of an Aboriginal Madonna and child, and will travel to Sydney with the Pontiff.

shazz must be cleaning right now and polishing the silver since she lazed out yesterday :blowkiss:

He sure is a world traveler — looks like he won't make it to the Great Barrier Reef if he's immediately headed to Sidney. MISTAKE!

IMO. :D

shazz must be cleaning right now and polishing the silver since she lazed out yesterday :blowkiss:

I thought i had Shazz detailed to clean my apartment sometime later today? :confused::confused::confused:

:D

Sorry Floh..but the Pope comes first:):blowkiss:

Dingo THANKYOU for posting this thread. I love Pope Benedict. I thought I'd never be able to take to another Pope after Pope John Paul II as I just ADORED him, but I gained new respect for Pope Benedict after watching all the coverage of his trip to America. He is so intelligent and he really is in Pope John Paul's shadow as any Pope would have a hell of a job trying to live up to him!!!! I think Pope Benedict.....he is a Good man and I SO hope his trip in Australia is a good and safe one.

Sorry Floh..but the Pope comes first:):blowkiss:

For some appalling reason i read that wrong . . . :eek:

just shows i'm a gal with no class at all! :waitasec:

Dingo THANKYOU for posting this thread. I love Pope Benedict. I thought I'd never be able to take to another Pope after Pope John Paul II as I just ADORED him, but I gained new respect for Pope Benedict after watching all the coverage of his trip to America. He is so intelligent and he really is in Pope John Paul's shadow as any Pope would have a hell of a job trying to live up to him!!!! I think Pope Benedict.....he is a Good man and I SO hope his trip in Australia is a good and safe one.

I honestly believe no one will ever come up to Pope John Paul II in our lifetime.

For some appalling reason i read that wrong . . . :eek:

just shows i'm a gal with no class at all! :waitasec:
You need a good smack..come here and Ill give you one:slap::D

I honestly believe no one will ever come up to Pope John Paul II in our lifetime.
No they wont Floh. He was SUCH a good man but I truly believe that Pope Benedict is a good man too. He brought me to tears on his visit in America. I hope I get a way of seeing all the Australian coverage of his visit.
Pope John Paul II was THE Pope of all Popes but I love Pope Benedict all the same.

Souvenours anyone.

spoon.jpg

Send those souvenirs to me at once! :clap::clap::clap:

omg are you my sister in disguise? she has said exactly what you just did :eek:

omg are you my sister in disguise? she has said exactly what you just did :eek:

Your sister recognises Good when she sees it:)

I hope his trip is a good productive one. He brought me to tears watching him at Ground Zero. I love him:)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csouth5859
Back