Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha .. Baez : "It's a lawyers job to stand in front of their client"

aren't you supposed to say 'stand behind' ?

I prefer likening them to, in JB's own words, to "Public Enemy #1 and Public Enemy #2". What a man! He even gave himself second billing.

It really does seem like they're going ahead with the nanny defense. Otherwise, why would LKB underscore the point that nobody believes Casey? If they go with a different story now and this interview is brought out in court, it's going to show that even her own team didn't believe her.

did the defense team forget one thing when they were comparing themselves to hitler and binladen? they were guilty of the crimes they were accused of.

My thought is the defense knows their going to lose. They are simply taking advantage of all of the publicity they can get for themselves before the trial begins.

L. Baden said Casey is Obsma Bin Laden and J. Baez is Hitler as far as the public is concerned.

Casey is innocent and they won't disclose their defense strategy.

They say the forensics that LE is putting forward "may not be science."

Today is NBC.
What kind of idiot compares their client and themselves to bin Laden and Hitler?! That telegraphs guilt even if immediately followed by an emphatic, "But she's innocent!"

Bin Laden and Hitler, hum...aren't they guilty of crimes against humanity? Yeap, definitely a misstatement, or L. Baden is looking for that one statement that will have a dramatic impact in the potential "movie" version of this case. You know "if the glove don't fit..." They really should be working on those deposition questions and getting them returned.

This forum has considered all facts that have been released so far in this case and I believe most of the posters here have weighed everything we have gotten so far fairly, given both sides from posters (pros and cons) and sorry LB but it just is not looking that good for KC. If there were some really substantial evidence available to the public there are excellent resources at this site to put that all together and make a good case in her behalf. So far I have seen nothing on this site which proves to me she is 100% innocent.

I also bet they received some discovery so they are doing their media blitz before the public gets the discovery. Seems like every time discovery comes out they do a lot of media appearances. I feel a doc dump coming!

OMG! GMAB! So what they're saying is, The One-Armed Nanny Killed Caylee?

I cannot wait for this trial to begin........unbelievable.

Seriously, JB and defense team need to stop talking!

I also bet they received some discovery so they are doing their media blitz before the public gets the discovery. Seems like every time discovery comes out they do a lot of media appearances. I feel a doc dump coming!

Me too! Or,:waitasec: it could just be the 3 cups of coffee. :rolleyes:

Baez compares himself to F.Lee Bailey? OMG

F. Lee Bailey
After the death of Sheppard’s lawyer, F. Lee Bailey was hired by the family to take over Sam’s appeals. On July 16 1964, Judege Weinman freed Sheppard after finding five violations of Sheppards’ constitutional rights during trial. The judge said the trial was a mockery of justice.
http://crime.about.com/od/history/p/sheppard_sam.htm

IMO this is the game plan. Attact Attact Attact with motion after motion after motion hoping to cause a technical violation and then go for an appeal.

I wish that Judge Strickland could haul both JB and LKB into open court and rip them a new azz, and while he is at it, slap a gag order on them. No more TV appearances! Get ready for trial. In other words, do your job!
Can you tell I am steamed??????:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I'll tell you what bothers me most about this interview. They claim that she is innocent..Okay, if she is innocent, that means that somewhere , there is a killer on the loose. Baez would not answer who.. Now, if nothing else in this world points to guilt, it is a set of defense lawyers on national TV claiming their clients innocence, yet will not disclose who did this, or even say to the public to be careful out there that there is a killer living among them.
The defense just wants everyone to wait it out, and find out in the court room. Are you kidding me? They claim that she is innocent yet her rights are more important that warning the public of a killer in Orlando.
These people are a joke.
:bang::bang:

I don't have the stomach to watch the two of them-any hard questions regarding peddling the photos and how Baez will be deemed ineffective counsel when his co-counsel is a big gun like LB??

She may have to leave.

From your comments, the strategy is going to be to pick apart the states case in the hopes of reasonable doubt. Hence the identical witness list. Further, that they expect to lose initially and they will run the appeals gamut. Ineffective counsel, prejudicial jury pool etc...

Keeping in mind that these folks can look at themselves in the mirror knowing that they are advocating for someone who is not innocent. MO. Beyond that, they will launch an over the top defense and media campaign that will cost millions of dollars for a less than extraordinary 22 year old who murdered her child out of spite and because she was bored with her responsibilities. This is not a "vigorous defense" IMO. FWIW, I think it is an ambulance chasing mentality.

Please forgive me, but when the dust settles, how will society be a better place for all the attention focused on Casey Anthony? She strikes me as a bottom feeder. I would like to see justice served, whatever that means when you consider the fact that she took away the life of a loving little girl simply because she could.

YIKES-Mods if you need to move this to rants, I will understand.

Good post, Bishoptutu... But you cannot blame LKB. She has contracted "foot in mouth" disease. JB is the carrier. Look at TB, he came down with it right away!!!!

I wish that Judge Strickland could haul both JB and LKB into open court and rip them a new azz, and while he is at it, slap a gag order on them. No more TV appearances! Get ready for trial. In other words, do your job!
Can you tell I am steamed??????:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

It really is past time for Strickland to do a smackdown on these two.

Good post, Bishoptutu... But you cannot blame LKB. She has contracted "foot in mouth" disease. JB is the carrier. Look at TB, he came down with it right away!!!!

hehehehehehe ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member