CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking, something that crosses state lines like kidnapping, or something that happens on federal property like a military base or national park. Federal crimes are also things that involved interstate commerce or failure to pay federal taxes. Actually, there is a possible case to be made that the adult children were kidnapped across state lines, but I don't know if they federal authorities will take the case.
Every possible case is not investigated if it is already apparent someone will spend the rest of their lives in prison or get the death penalty in another jurisdiction. Sometimes a feds or a state will wait to see the results of another trail before deciding to prosecute. For example, if the Turpins received a light sentence or were acquitted in California, Texas or the Feds might decide to prosecute.

What can happen if a state prosecution is not successful (which I doubt in this case but you never know) the federal govt can come in after and try the defendant under a federal law, such as kidnapping. I can’t think of a case offhand but it can and does happen. Someone more versed in law than I am can probably explain better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From today show link:

Sister also said DT drove LT to AL to hook up with some man they met. Went back to same hotel room and bed some time later and slept together.

That may help explain vow renewals (if you believe her).

That's new to me. Is LT competing with her sister or just one-upping her rebellion? So many strange dynamics...

Such a nice Christian family... (eyeroll) I wonder if one of the reasons they secluded and tortured their children was so none could or would talk to outsiders about stuff that would crack the "loving, wholesome, Disney-going religious family" facade.

You do you, consenting adults, etc. but take care of your poor kids! One of the worst, most heartbreaking things about this case is how much fun, or "fun," the adults were having while their kids starved and marinated in their own waste. :( :( If there is a hell I hope these two go there and are made to suffer just like their own flesh and blood.

Jessie, the kinds of things they have been accused of are all within specific states. Yes, states are that independent.

Just due to the fact California already has charged them with 94 years worth of crimes (if they are convicted), I think other agencies are waiting to see what else Cali finds.

An example of a Federal crime would be if they abducted a child in Texas and brought the child to California. They had legal custody of their children, so that is why that is not being brought forward for them. So, it would only count if they did it with a child for whom they did not have legal custody.

I guess a case could be made for the adults, but it might be really hard to prove. And it wouldn't get them in more trouble (practically speaking).

From your link (though it is the DM) WTF -

Teresa Robinette, the younger sister of California 'house of horrors' mom Louise Turpin, appeared on Megyn Kelly Today on Monday
Robinette revealed a startling conversation she had with her sister, around 2009
She says her sister called her up and told her about how her husband, David, was driving her to Alabama to have sex with a man she met online
A year later, Louise allegedly told her sister that her husband was driving her back to Alabama so they could have sex together in the same hotel room

Wonder just how many more increasingly shocking & bizarre "revelations" these relatives will be dispensing in their already far too long minutes of fame?

The man-monster sexually abused his ELEVEN year old DAUGHTER. I don't see that despicable perversion being consistent with dropping his wife off to have sex with another man, states away (why go that far away) leaving behind 11-12 possible escapees alone in Texas.

No Texas probes involving California torture suspects
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 8:11 AM EST

RIO VISTA, Texas (AP) - An official in Texas says authorities there had no reports involving the couple charged in California with shackling and starving 12 of their 13 children.

David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Riverside County, California, to multiple counts of torture, child abuse and false imprisonment. The couple moved to California from near Fort Worth, Texas, in 2011.

Patrick Crimmins with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services said Saturday that his agency had no investigations concerning the Turpins.

~snip

http://www.kristv.com/story/37317813/no-texas-probes-involving-california-torture-suspects

They’re referring to no past investigations. They are 100% involved in the current investigation but may not be conducting their own.

All of this haunts me.

Two things from this article http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story.html

1. “Sometimes in the evenings she would hear the Turpin children playing in their yard, so one day she grabbed a jump rope and knocked on the door of the trailer. . . . A skinny, pale girl with long brown hair opened the door and just stared, she said. ‘Her eyes just got real wide. She closed the door back in my face,’ Vinyard recalled.”

If the children were being restrained while living in Texas, which it seems they were (see the next quote), can you imagine opening the door to a playmate and seeing her holding a jump rope, which, if you’ve possibly never jumped rope before, would look very much like a restraint. [emoji174]

At that moment at the door, the child could have thought, “Parents restrain and torture us—and people outside this house want to, too?” Horrifying.

2. “After the family left, repo men showed up for their two cars, and their house was foreclosed. Billy Baldwin and his mother bought the house a year later, the interior trashed, the bathroom floor rotted through, he said. Inside, Baldwin found a handful of Polaroids taken when the Turpins left. One shows a bed with a metal rail that has a rope tied to it, he said.”

I keep wondering why DT and LT would photograph the bed with restraints on it and who knows what else—and why they would leave such incriminating photos behind.

Then, it occurred to me that perhaps, even then, one of the children had the wherewithal to take photos as evidence of the torture, neglect, and abuse and left it behind, in the hope that whoever lived in the home next would put two and two together and alert authorities.

Remembering that attempt at sending up a flare to signal distress did not work, this time child #8 took the evidence with her when she made her dash for life.

Maybe. Maybe not. JMO.

I would suspect that the response to the child at the door had less to do with the jump rope and more to do with having been taught not to trust anyone beyond the family. Depending on the parents' level of denial regarding their own behaviors, it would be "rational" (or logically consistent) to fear being found out, reported, losing the children (possessions). Regarding everyone beyond their household as evil may have also been a part of the parental belief-system that allowed their behaviors.

I think that children who are horribly abused by parents grow up with a small selection of beliefs about how their experience fits into the world. One belief is that ALL parents are like theirs, smiling to the world but doing horrible things at home. Another is that other families have another kind of experience, which makes them somehow deserving of their own treatment. Either they are misbehaving children who deserve their punishment (which gives them an important grasp at believing that they can ultimately exert some control--be "good" enough to avoid the abuse), or even worse, that they are somehow selected for an unending horror over which they have no control.

Not an expert in this area, but I believe that some of this world-view relates to the age at which abuse began to occur. If there is any positive at all to grasp from their situation, it may be that the babies appear to have received a different kind of treatment, at least until replaced by the newer model. Bonding--even to a wildly undeserving parent--appears to be critical to development.

I wish this sister would stfu. She should be giving this info to LE only!! Not saying I believe her but fgs shut up!! If this goes to trial, she will be immediately discredited by the defense for appearing on TV. I really hope she’s not being paid for her appearances. Not to mention the children have enough horror to deal with. They don’t need to hear these tidbits of gossip now or ever, true or not.

I just don’t get some people. Ugh

Omg. She is as psycho in her own way as LT. I got the vibe from the start that they were sort of in competition with each other if you know what I mean. So she's making crazy stuff up. Idk. No prof just a hunch.

Can someone repost the post of 12 or more hours ago giving the info that cards and letters will be passed to the children, and the address to send them please ?? TIA

Maybe add this to the Media Link also if not already done ?

The abuse cycle? Wish I had not even heard this sister on Megan Kelly's show. There is NO EXCUSE for the torture and abuse of 13 children! None! None! None!

I wish this sister would stfu. She should be giving this info to LE only!! Not saying I believe her but fgs shut up!! If this goes to trial, she will be immediately discredited by the defense for appearing on TV. I really hope she’s not being paid for her appearances. Not to mention the children have enough horror to deal with. They don’t need to hear these tidbits of gossip now or ever, true or not.

I just don’t get some people. Ugh

i totally agree that it would be so much better if she’d hush. But seeing the pain in her face as she described the sexual abuse she herself was a victim of and hearing her say that it’s the first time she’s opened up and talked about it was heartbreaking. So important to remember that family members of the accused are considered victims too. I hope she will find someone to help her.

Jessie, the kinds of things they have been accused of are all within specific states. Yes, states are that independent.

Just due to the fact California already has charged them with 94 years worth of crimes (if they are convicted), I think other agencies are waiting to see what else Cali finds.

An example of a Federal crime would be if they abducted a child in Texas and brought the child to California. They had legal custody of their children, so that is why that is not being brought forward for them. So, it would only count if they did it with a child for whom they did not have legal custody.

I guess a case could be made for the adults, but it might be really hard to prove. And it wouldn't get them in more trouble (practically speaking).

I hate to say it but, if they find pictures on a computer or cell phone, there could be child *advertiser censored* charges, which are federal. :(

I hope the IRS is involved in this, with that many dependents the refund would be huge with all of the write offs and "home schooling"... aside from the fact of keeping all "children" dependent by abusing them into perpetual childhood. We know one adult was allowed to take college classes, so he would be considered a student in the eyes of tax law. Big refunds= big trips to Disney, and whatever else they did.

Do we have any pics of the mom when she was younger? When the dad was so attracted to her? I wonder if the mom was keeping all these children looking like when the two of them were younger and so in love!

Just found this. It says she's in 7th grade
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...0i13i30k1.0.JdJcwl-B5MQ#imgrc=w7rSaNBgkBlQqM:

I wonder when they met. How old was she when they met? The daughters all have their hair done like this in the wedding pics.
She was not terribly thin when they married.

https://goo.gl/images/FG5Ef5

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's interesting that Teresa says that the man LT met for sex was in Huntsville, AL. Defense contractors make up a huge part of the industry and economy of Huntsville, and some of DT's employers also have a presence there. Not sure if that means anything, but it got my attention.

I think abusers like the Turpins simply wouldn't bother filing with the state - they would go under the radar with homeschooling.

Jmopinion

FWIW - I don't know the solution to finding abusers. It's a problem that aches in my heart for sure.

Respectfully disagree for two reasons. One is that the Turpins have been a family in development for nearly three decades. Their behavior has been characterized as beginning with neglect, escalating to abuse and finally arriving at torture. I don't think even the sickest of folks one day decide to raise their children in a house of horrors. There may have been a point at which official intervention might have turning things in a different direction. Maybe not and maybe they would have just packed up and run to another county or state. But that ought not prevent making the effort.

The other is that even should they decide to "fly under the radar," by not registering their kids with the local school board (or whomever), that act alone would provide an actionable offense. In fact, a similar offense on the part of the Stanleys in Arkansas provided a part of the justification for removal and investigation. If CPS got one of those neighbor calls, along the lines of "I don't know, but something just isn't right," could prompt a database search to see if they are enrolled in school anywhere. Apparently there are even some locales where such database searches are being conducted by computer to provide an additional risk assessment (additional to the call screener) which helps to determine whether or not an in-person visit is called for.

Beyond all that, there is also the very real issue of "educational neglect." So long as there are no minimum requirements, home schoolers will include some really excellent families providing a solid education, but also some folks who are in too deeply over their heads to even recognize the harm they are doing. Kids deserve better from us.

It's interesting that Teresa says that the man LT met for sex was in Huntsville, AL. Defense contractors make up a huge part of the industry and economy of Huntsville, and some of DT's employers also have a presence there. Not sure if that means anything, but it got my attention.

Yeah, me, too.

Thank you to people who tell what was said.

I cannot watch these things, so I appreciate all of you who bring information to us.

Ugly older man gets himself a very young pretty girl he's already in his place if she is NPD, this will be perfect - she can control and manipulate using her looks and sex appeal (?) that's what they do best, manipulate people, they absolutely need someone to adore them, listen to them and pander to their needs. I don't really know how or if it works if both are PD, I always assumed one would need to be the compliant one. I'm not saying he's innocent at all, it seems he's clearly being investigated for further vile charges, god knows what else is to come out, I was just trying to put it together, work it out..

Someone mentioned a little earlier that LT couldn't abuse/drag the kids about as she's so small herself, size doesn't make any difference if someone is nasty and mean, if you're terrified of someone it's not because of how big they are, it's what they're capable of. Believe me, a small cruel woman can be quite scary.

Has the older boy passed tests I wonder to prove he is totally brain-washed/docile and can be trusted outside, maybe testing him bit by bit, they might need to get someone else out there working to bring money in

I can't help imagine, and probably will continue to for a long while, how much they're going to enjoy life, love, laughter and the sunshine - wonder if they have ever played in the sun? Thank God they are now out of that living hell, they truly won't know themselves for a long time

Sent from my iPhone

One cult that has perfected the art of internal chains is the Westboro Baptist family. They make their children do well in school and actually train them to argue with any and all who disagree with their world view. Several who have escaped (or been booted out) have written about how difficult it is to make their way outside the cult at first. One woman (a trained nurse, working at the time in a hospital) reported having terror attacks, fearing that her exclusion would mean an afterlife in hell.

Corona Chamber of Commerce posted on their FB page that they will deliver cards to the children at the hospital.

3f5b5e4cedcfa24263538361a59e0e54.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/CoronaCham...153559.119203074957/10155431026674958/?type=3

Bringing forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members